Gear for longtime lifter 55+

Hey man. I'm 64 and your natural test is el perfecto. Like Gainz stated, diet, diet, diet. Love chicken and rice and I would try to make time to eat 3 to 5 meals a day to add on some lbs. For me it is in my daily routine. I am retired, so easy for me to eat like that. I also just maintain a nice trt for my test levels. I'm 5'10" 210 lbs
Thanks for the input. Diet is just as important as training, I get it. So if I understand you right, you are implementing a trt regimen for added test levels? What's appealing about trt isn't just the increased strength and size, but also the other alleged benefits such as improved sleep, mental clarity, and overall mental outlook. However, as I understand it, trt has to be maintained for the benefits to last? Once stopped, all gains will be lost?

lineman1007

Thanks for the input. Diet is just as important as training, I get it. So if I understand you right, you are implementing a trt regimen for added test levels? What's appealing about trt isn't just the increased strength and size, but also the other alleged benefits such as improved sleep, mental clarity, and overall mental outlook. However, as I understand it, trt has to be maintained for the benefits to last? Once stopped, all gains will be lost?
Yes. Trt for me has all of the mentioned benefits for me. I've been on trt for about a year now. I plan on running it as long as I can. Helps with the workouts. No pains now for me. I don't hit the weights like I did in earlier years, but am still maintaining. Most important thing for me now is keeping myself in check with my doctor. Get bloods about every 6 months. All good to go now at this time.

suppsforlife

TRT has to be maintained because this is the only way to keep high/normal T levels. Of course, without testosterone in your system, you lose the gains. You won't lose the gains if you can naturally have high T levels. as you seem to do. At 60 yo with such T levels, I wouldn't do Test, there's just no need to. you can add more for further benefits, but you'll likely need to continue injecting T for the rest of your life.

LHV

Yeah the blood work... it sucks but its important.
Lots of people just hop on test... then a few months later end up fucking something up. With no base line... it's hard to find out what went wrong.

The biggest thing is cancer... if you have cancer and don't know... test can drastically increase the growth.

But once you get that blood work done... you can get going.

I'd start with 10-12 weeks of "trt"
125-150mg per week
75mg on Monday and 75mg on Thursday.
This will be your introduction to test. You'll know if you're prone to sides, and at such a low dose they will be extremely easy to manage. (Need to have Arimidex on hand for this reason)
Then after your 10-12 weeks you can do a blast.
10 weeks of 300mg per week
150mg on Monday and 150mg on Thursday.
This may cause more sides, or new sides. But it's all a learning experience.
After those 10 weeks drop back down to the 150mg per week... your trt or cruise dose. Hence blasting and cruising. Cruising at 150mg and blasting at a much higher dose.
Run that cruise dosage for 12 weeks, then you can do another blast.
You can up the dosage to 500mg if you want (higher doses means more sides)
Or you can add a compound.
Like, mast (my favorite), deca, primo... or you can add some orals.
The sage advice is not to do it but if you’re going to do it anyway (like all of us) follow this advice and get some cycles with just Test under your belt. Then all going well come back and ask about next steps. All the best brother