Gear pics

Dolf

I've been noticing a lot lately that members are posting pics of gear still in the packaging. For security reasons posting pics with any type of packaging is prohibited. That's from the xxx or xxxxxxxc to xxxxxx xxxx or xxxxxc xxxx. I know the feeling. You get your pack, you open it up to see that beautiful oil sparkling in the light, and you get excited. You can't wait to snap a pic to show your brothers and sisters. Please just take the time to remove all remnants of the shipping method before posting.

Kielbasa_Posse

You just gave all the shipping secrets away !! Ha ha ha ha ha !! what you really mean is "just show the goods" and only the goods.... But Dolf it's so hard to unpack that goodness!! It's like Christmas  a pack lands.... I just dont have time to unpack, that picture needs to go up right now !!! Yes it would be great if members wouldnt Post pics with any type of "Shipping" stuff 

strong

God knows I wud never do that : )    Ok, I did.. Under sources it says " posting of shipping packaging if against the rules and not permitted" I am one of the least Formally educated guys here probably. My Feeling was to show the tight vacuum seal. I Would think that meant shipping labels, payment info. But They mean it all. This poses the question, Why not show the tight vacuum seal. I don't see how that can be a safety problem.  I saw another member last night post a pic as well. I'm one of those "Have to know Guys"  Why not show a tightly sealed pack as long as there is no shipping labels and everything can be clearly seen?

Dolf

You're right kp. Even I get a case of the dumbass every now and then. Post edited : )

Dolf

Its just an extra layer of security for the sources. I've had new sources come in and ask me to not allow any type of pics disclosing mailing or packing methods. If you notice every source has his own little way of doing it. None are exactly alike. Any little bit of info we can keep away from or not make it easy for LE is a good thing for everyone involved. 

strong

Dolf, Good enough for me bro. Makes sense.. I see u posting but ur pic is gone from the top of the board. at least on my computer...

SwellMel

+1 to Dolf, a very good subject to reiterate.

Yes, to reiterate what Dolf is saying and I'm sure LEO is well aware of shipping methods, but our friends can analyze photos in a very sophisticated manner and they possibly can view tracking number, city of origin etc....need to be very careful of this. Also, it is not well known but all automated postage machines at the USPS take photographs of the user at the time of purchase....many a crime have been solved through this little known method. 

The other thing I would strongly urge to anyone who posts photographs is to scrub them of any GPS data (EXIF file) encoded before posting, I'm sure most folks know this but felt it would be beneficial to mention this to the MG brothers and sisters.

wtdragon

Lol. Some sources pack so good ,maybe some guys post pics for help how to get it open. I know I have a hell of a time chewing b through some of the packs.

APL

On Windows you can right click the photo, click Properties, click the details tab, then at the bottom of that window there is a link that says "Remove properties and personal information" so click that, then select the remove all information radio button and click Ok. If you are on a Mac then you will need a third party app like ImageOptim. Now the easiest way is to disable geotagging on the camera/phone.

**I only looked at Windows 7 and what I use on OSX so if you have a different operating system it might be different. 

APL

You can disable geotagging on most phones and that will keep it from saving any GPS data with the pictures. How to do that depends on the phone but there is usually a setting for it somewhere

rgonza22

I just made that mistake. It's in some plastic but packaging is packaging; I use an I phone most of the time and have no idea how to erase photos. I am stickler for the rules and have been very careful bro. I do regret posting and please erase this if I cannot. Please work with me bro; I would never cross you and surely enjoy and need you all on here.