Getting better everyday! 54 years old!

Gainz.

It feels great right? Arms are all about the blood pump anyway! 💪
Absolutely, plus since I started focusing on volume instead of max weight... I'm consistently putting on size and I rarely get injured. Not to mention im not too sore to lift the next day

JohnJuan

Absolutely, plus since I started focusing on volume instead of max weight... I'm consistently putting on size and I rarely get injured. Not to mention im not too sore to lift the next day
Exactly! I actually figured this out by watching my old girlfriend lift this way. I used to go extremely heavy but had no arms. She used perfect form and grew.

JohnJuan

I just had a real good shoulder workout!!! I literally doubled my weight on dumbbell lateral raises. On upright rows I went up by 33%. On front dumbbell raises I went to by 33%.
DELTS/TRAPS:
- 4 giant sets of:
A.
bent dumbbell lateral raises,
B. dumbbell shrugs straight up,
C.
rotating backwards, and
D. rotating forwards,
E. rear band laterals hands facing each other,
F. face pulls,
G. rear band laterals hands hammer grip.
- 3 supersets of dumbbell lateral raises and band lateral raises.
- 4 supersets of upright barbell rows and upright band rows.
- 3 giant sets of:
A.
front dumbbell raises palms down,
B. front dumbbell raises hammer grip.
C. front band raises palms down,
D. front band raises hammer grip.
19AB873B-0692-4F4A-B1E3-028F987098CC.jpeg

Gainz.

@ozman you said you were looking for a workout routine
Well if you read through this thread you'll find one of the best bicep, tricep and shoulder exercise routines possible. Volume and form over weight!

JohnJuan

Guys, I’ve only had one cheat meal in 9 weeks. I’ll probably pay the price tomorrow but I’m going to get a pizza, Doritos, skittles, and cinnamon twists. The good news is I actually can taste things today. I’ve had very little sense of taste since having Covid early on this year for 5 weeks. So far today I’ve only had 3 protein shakes and they taste delicious so I think I’ll enjoy the chest meal. Tomorrow it’s back on the diet and it’s leg day. 🏋️‍♀️

Gainz.

Guys, I’ve only had one cheat meal in 9 weeks. I’ll probably pay the price tomorrow but I’m going to get a pizza, Doritos, skittles, and cinnamon twists. The good news is I actually can taste things today. I’ve had very little sense of taste since having Covid early on this year for 5 weeks. So far today I’ve only had 3 protein shakes and they taste delicious so I think I’ll enjoy the chest meal. Tomorrow it’s back on the diet and it’s leg day. 🏋️‍♀️
One of the greatest "life hacks" I've found is putting liquid egg whites in my chocolate mass gainer.
Not only does it add a ton of protein to my shake, but it transforms my pretty average tasting chocolate shake into a delicious shake that tastes exactly like a brownie!
So not only do I get more calories and more protein, but a regular shake turned into a delicious liquid brownie dessert!

JohnJuan

One of the greatest "life hacks" I've found is putting liquid egg whites in my chocolate mass gainer.
Not only does it add a ton of protein to my shake, but it transforms my pretty average tasting chocolate shake into a delicious shake that tastes exactly like a brownie!
So not only do I get more calories and more protein, but a regular shake turned into a delicious liquid brownie dessert!
Oh yeah, chocolate protein shakes with added egg whites is delicious!!!! Definitely tasty!!!!

JohnJuan

I just did legs and rode the bike. All the glycogen from yesterday’s cheat meal allowed me to get more reps per set. I fasted 18 hours after yesterday’s cheat meal and I slept 13 hours, although, I got up to pee and to get water a dozen times. I drank 68 ounces of water throughout the night due to all the sodium in the cheat meal.
LEGS:
I did my usual 6 dumbbell squats/dead lifts for legs with feet shoulder width apart followed by wide stance followed by narrow stand followed by standing dumbbell calf raises followed by a few more squats/dead lifts. Then I put the dumbbells down and did single leg calf raises and both legs at the same time calf raises. I got 22 reps for squat dead lifts on 4 sets but dropped reps on the last 2 sets.
CARDIO:
I did 30 minutes on the bike at level 11 for 10 minutes and level 12 for 20 minutes.

JohnJuan

BACK/LATS:

GIANT SET:

- 4 giant sets of one arm barbell rows followed by one arm band rows followed by reverse grip one arm band rows.

STRAIGHT SET:
- 4 sets reverse grip barbell rows.

GIANT SET:
- 4 sets standing band rows followed by seated band rows followed by standing band rows again.

STRAIGHT SET:
- 4 sets narrow grip band pulldowns.

Gainz.

BACK/LATS:

GIANT SET:

- 4 giant sets of one arm barbell rows followed by one arm band rows followed by reverse grip one arm band rows.

STRAIGHT SET:
- 4 sets reverse grip barbell rows.

GIANT SET:
- 4 sets standing band rows followed by seated band rows followed by standing band rows again.

STRAIGHT SET:
- 4 sets narrow grip band pulldowns.
What weight are you using for these? I've been trying to focus on my lats more. But never know if I'm going heavy enough. Like I said I try to focus on volume and form over weight. But I'm also aware that the back is something that responds well to overloading (heavy weight) so I'm always second guessing myself on weight choices when it comes to back day. Especially since it's one of those groups that I find incredibly hard to get a pump going.

JohnJuan

What weight are you using for these? I've been trying to focus on my lats more. But never know if I'm going heavy enough. Like I said I try to focus on volume and form over weight. But I'm also aware that the back is something that responds well to overloading (heavy weight) so I'm always second guessing myself on weight choices when it comes to back day. Especially since it's one of those groups that I find incredibly hard to get a pump going.
I don’t go to a gym . I train in my bedroom. All I have is an adjustable set of 30Lb dumbbells with a bar attachment that turns it into a barbell, I also have a bunch of bands. I stopped going to the gym last February and I’ve grown more at home this way than I ever did at the gym. I do lots of supersets and giant sets. I go to failure pretty much but always in perfect form. If I have to cheat I stop. One arm barbell rows I use a 60Lb barbell. I do around 15 reps per each part of a giant set so 45 reps or so per actual full set. I go for maximum squeeze and maximum blood pump.

Gainz.

I don’t go to a gym . I train in my bedroom. All I have is an adjustable set of 30Lb dumbbells with a bar attachment that turns it into a barbell, I also have a bunch of bands. I stopped going to the gym last February and I’ve grown more at home this way than I ever did at the gym. I do lots of supersets and giant sets. I go to failure pretty much but always in perfect form. If I have to cheat I stop. One arm barbell rows I use a 60Lb barbell. I do around 15 reps per each part of a giant set so 45 reps or so per actual full set. I go for maximum squeeze and maximum blood pump.
Hahaha, I work out in my bedroom! Haha! I have quite a bit of equipment. bench, rack, good dumbbells, adjustable dumbbells, lots of bands, t bar row attachment, lat pulldown cable system I use for countless things. But yup... all my stuff is in my bedroom!

Gainz.

Here's most of my gear. Some stuff is tucked into different corners, or hanging from the ceiling, but you get the idea. This little bit of stuff is how I put 50lbs of muscle on in 18 months... with some help from the 💉

Attachments

• received_490336339614761.jpeg
    received_490336339614761.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 8

JohnJuan

Hahaha, I work out in my bedroom! Haha! I have quite a bit of equipment. bench, rack, good dumbbells, adjustable dumbbells, lots of bands, t bar row attachment, lat pulldown cable system I use for countless things. But yup... all my stuff is in my bedroom!
Wow! You have a real good set up!!! I’m picking things up gradually. I got a commercial gym life fitness bike worth $5,000 from a government auction for $100. That’s my latest addition.
651F19C6-D908-4AFC-971E-14DFACB2D0B9.jpeg