Getting better everyday! 54 years old!

JohnJuan

Here's most of my gear. Some stuff is tucked into different corners, or hanging from the ceiling, but you get the idea. This little bit of stuff is how I put 50lbs of muscle on in 18 months... with some help from the 💉
That’s awesome! You have a lot of very cool equipment!

Gainz.

That’s awesome! You have a lot of very cool equipment!
Thanks brother, having a home gym it's all about variety. Like the bench does incline and decline. It's hard to justify a big piece of equipment that does just 1 thing. My cardio comes from my actual bike, or my heavy bag.
But my favorite piece of equipment is my t bar row attachment. I use it for dozens of exercises. My favorite thing to do with it is calf raises. Because I can still go pretty heavy, but it gives me something to lean against. So I can really focus on the movement and mind muscle connection vs just keeping my balance

JohnJuan

Thanks brother, having a home gym it's all about variety. Like the bench does incline and decline. It's hard to justify a big piece of equipment that does just 1 thing. My cardio comes from my actual bike, or my heavy bag.
But my favorite piece of equipment is my t bar row attachment. I use it for dozens of exercises. My favorite thing to do with it is calf raises. Because I can still go pretty heavy, but it gives me something to lean against. So I can really focus on the movement and mind muscle connection vs just keeping my balance
Does your t-bar attachment need to be bolted down? Or is it mobile? I was looking for one but I don’t want to have to bolt it down. I don’t have any 45Lb plates to hold it down either. I love t-bar rows for back!!!

Gainz.

Does your t-bar attachment need to be bolted down? Or is it mobile? I was looking for one but I don’t want to have to bolt it down. I don’t have any 45Lb plates to hold it down either. I love t-bar rows for back!!!
Its mobile, but my weight rack has 4 spots to hold barbells, 2 standard and 2 Olympic. So I keep it there. The actual row attachment also can take standard or Olympic, but all my stuff is standard

MusculeX

Wow! You have a real good set up!!! I’m picking things up gradually. I got a commercial gym life fitness bike worth $5,000 from a government auction for $100. That’s my latest addition.
I have the same at home, but to be honest, after a couple of years of operation, it turned into a clothes hanger.
gym for training
Home- for home videos :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JohnJuan

I got an amazing pump on chest today! The last couple days I had 5 shakes and 2 meals which has me looking more full and striated.

CHEST:

GIANT SET #1:

- 4 sets feet elevated push-ups
- 4 sets barbell pull overs
- 4 sets band cross overs hands down low

GIANT SET #2:
- 3 sets push-ups hands wide, semi wide, and shoulder width
- 3 sets barbell pull overs going down to the belly button with a wide arch
- 3 sets band cross overs hands up high
- 3 sets band cross overs hands middle position

CARDIO:
- 30 minutes on the bike

JohnJuan

ARM DAY:

GIANT SET #1:
Biceps:

- 3 sets alternating dumbbell curls
Triceps:
- 3 sets one arm reverse grip pushdowns
- 3 sets one arm overhand grip pushdowns
- 3 sets one arm hammer grip pushdowns

SUPERSET #2
Biceps:

- 3 sets one arm standing band curls
Triceps:
- 3 sets lying one arm dumbbell extensions

GIANT SET #3:
Biceps:

- 3 sets barbell drag curls
Triceps:
- 3 sets barbell skull crushers
- 3 sets narrow grip barbell presses
- 3 sets reverse grip barbell presses

SUPERSET #4:
Biceps:

- 3 sets dumbbell hammer curls
Triceps:
- 3 sets dumbbell kick backs

SUPERSET #5:
Biceps:

- 3 sets one arm reverse band curls
Triceps:
- 3 sets rope pushdowns torquing wrists outward at the bottom

JohnJuan

DELTS and TRAPS:

REAR DELTS/TRAPS:
GIANT SET #1:

- 4 sets bent dumbbell lateral raises
- 4 sets rear delt band lateral raises palms inward grip
- 4 sets band face pulls
- 4 sets rear delt band lateral raises hammer grip
TRAPS(still part of GIANT SET #1:
- 4 sets dumbbell shrugs straight up and down
- 4 sets dumbbell shrugs rear rotation
- 4 sets dumbbell shrugs forward rotation
MIDDLE DELT:
SUPERSET #2

- 4 sets standing dumbbell lateral raises
- 4 sets band lateral raises
- 4 sets band lateral raises drop weight
SUPERSET #3:
- 4 sets barbell upright rows
- 4 sets band upright rows
FRONT DELTS:
GIANT SET #4:

- 4 sets dumbbell front raises palms down
- 4 sets dumbbell front raises hammer grip
- 4 sets band front raises palms down
- 4 sets band front raises hammer grip
- 4 sets band front raises palms down drop weight

CARDIO:
- 30 minutes on the bike

JohnJuan

Today I’ve had 3 protein/oat shakes and I’m about to have my 2nd food meal which was 1/2Lb extra lean ground turkey breast and 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice. I’ll have a final protein/oat shake before bed.

JohnJuan

I've always heard you shouldn't drink your protein. But its obviously working for you.
Most people will say eat all food meals but it’s not true at all. Phil Hernon told me he was his biggest on all protein shakes. He was too busy to eat so he learned first hand shakes work just fine. Recently, I read Hunter Labrada was doing all shakes and he’s huge and ripped. What got me into shakes was back in 1994 a guy at my gym was more shredded than anything I’d ever seen in person. He said his coach had him prepping for his show on all whey shakes. I was hooked right there. Haha 😀
My first few years of bodybuilding I ate chicken breasts and pasta 6 times a day. I had horrible gas issues and I looked like shit! It wasn’t until a year ago I switched from whey and oat shakes, which I lived on for 25 years, to a blended protein (whey isolate, whey concentrate, hydrolyzed whey, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein concentrate), and I added fats which I never had in years previous. These shakes are much closer to real food. I feel so much healthier living on these.

JohnJuan

LEG DAY:
- 6 sets dumbbell squats/dead lifts. Every rep I touch the dumbbells to the ground. My quads drop to parallel. I did 10-15 reps, then 10 reps of standing dumbbell calf raises, then 5-7 more reps of squats/dead lifts. I did all reps with a shoulder width stance today. Then I put the dumbbells down and do calf raises one leg at a time, followed by both legs at the same time to failure.
CARDIO:
- 20 minutes on the bike at level 12

JohnJuan

BACK/LATS:
- 5 sets one arm barbell rows (strength was up 50% today)
- 4 sets narrow grip pull downs
- 3 sets bent over reverse grip barbell rows
- 4 sets standing band rows supersetted with seated band rows

CARDIO:
- 20 minutes on the bike

JohnJuan

First food meal of the day.
2 slices Dave’s 21 grain/seed toast, 6 ounces London Broil, spicy and regular mustard, 2 sliced tomatoes.
BFFBF81B-BC10-404E-B8F1-AFDC56EE4111.jpeg

Gainz.

That's a big ass sandwich, I've had a bowl a cereal (a very big bowl) a sleeve of Ritz crackers, 6 slices of pizza (boss rewarded us) 2 pieces of chicken (didn't weigh them) some mashed potatoes and some spinach. Now I'm trying to figure out something to eat before bed

JohnJuan

That's a big ass sandwich, I've had a bowl a cereal (a very big bowl) a sleeve of Ritz crackers, 6 slices of pizza (boss rewarded us) 2 pieces of chicken (didn't weigh them) some mashed potatoes and some spinach. Now I'm trying to figure out something to eat before bed
That’s half the sandwich. Haha I ate the other half before taking the picture.
It only held me over for 2 hours as usual.

Was it good pizza? Any pizza is good. Was it great pizza?