Good link for learning about injection sites

milkin

I made the mistake a few years back of rolling into a blast cycle 6 weeks after a long 20 week EQ bulking cycle. Being on TRT and not incorporating any ptc because of it, I decided to cut my recovery time between cycles short and roll right into a test-P/ NPP blast cycle.

My blast cycle consisted of EOD injections to my already over used injection sites and I developed what I thought was a abscess at the time. My right glut had swollen up to the size of a softball and that's enough to make anyone as nervous as a hooker in church. Although I had no fever or redness @ the injection site, I still ran to the doctor only to find out that I had irritated the muscle with numerous injections. Even though I exercised proper injection rotation, the muscles had become irritated and doc said the Ethyl Oleate in the prop probably the culprit. Makes sense since my long esters used cottonseed as base oil.
So keep rotating and don't forget to give them some time off :)

dlovett

I'm a cheek to quad, cheek to quad guy myself. Some compounds give me intense pain in my quads (especially if I am mixing, ie. tren and test, etc.). I know guys that spike their calves, delts, traps and even pecs. I am really apprehensive about using smaller muscle groups because of PIP and muscle soreness effecting my training regimen. I do note that I have built up significant scar tissue in my glutes to the point where penetration is somewhat forced and can result in some mild bleeds upon withdrawal of the pin. Moral of the story: give your sites a break once in a while to keep the skin supple. Sometimes taking a warm-hot shower prior to poking helps loosen things up.

dlovett

Pretty helpful site, thanks milkin! Makes me wanna try my lats, NOT! Seriously though, I do have to man up and add some new injection sites to my rotation...

dlovett

I have a real pain in the a$$ going right now with my left glute. Pretty swollen and definitely painful. I am sure it isn't my gear because it isn't the first poke with it. Painful since yesterday, poked on Sunday. There is no redness or itching or oozing. I am thinking I just moved the pin around or didn't go deep enough and ended up with some sub-q pooling. When I withdrew, some of my juice was coming out of the site for a second. Now, it just hurts like a motherfu#ker. Gonna give it a few days before I decide whether or not I need a physician. Like I said, no redness, itchiness, discharge or heat at the site so I am thinking I just chewed myself up with shaky hands going into the outer upper quadrant of the glute whereas I usually go to the meatiest part of the cheek. For now, I am sitting and standing like an old man and am gonna have to hang up the deadlifts and squats... wish me luck!

milkin

Down a glass of prune juice and take the rest of the evening sitting on a heating pad you old goat you. Probably irritated from over use. You're not still using those 21ga harpoons are you bro ?

dlovett

Nah, no harpoons for me this go around. My local drug store had some 23's laying about that I bought up. I spoke to a pharm and asked her to start stocking 25's but she said that I would be the only person buying them - I kindly replied, "Very good, then order ME some 25's, please." She just let out a nervous chuckle and sold me the 23's...

The problem with the guilty injection was that when I aspirated, I pulled the pin out a bit, noticed, and then stuck it back in to plunge so there was an in and out motion at the site. I am pretty sure I just irritated the muscle pretty good and now I have some swollen painful posterior issues... If I have concern in a few days time, I will go to the doc (I have had the same physician for years and though he doesn't condone usage, he at least has the medical integrity to advise me properly with regard to my compounds and shenanigans).

Let this be a lesson to the novice - PAY ATTENTION, DUMMY!

milkin

You will be fine bro, throw a sponge bob band-aide on it and poke the other cheek :)

Why not order your pins online ? I do domestically.

http://musclegurus.to/source-reviews/gpzservices.com

dlovett

That's a good site for all kinds of supplies (ie. filters, vials, stoppers/crimp-ons). I usually go to Rite Aid and grab em' at .40 ea and you can only buy 10 at a time. I'm gonna start ordering them - less expensive, I'd get what I need and get em' in bulk.

siegmund

Using the same site for a cyc (example I'm on 16 w cyc been using my delts  , the whole cyc , test/DECA  at low dose, but can using the same spot effect the amount of chemical our 'muscle can absorb, due to over use and scar tissue etc,  ???

Big Dan T

I go back and forth between buttcheeks lol, sometimes I'll pin my delt or calve, I've hit the trap as well...kinda like the feeling... made the mistake of pinning my hammy, couldn't walk for 2 days.... Last monday I pinned in my left cheek and as soon as I pulled the syringe out a solid pressurized stream of blood shot out like a waterhose busted, figured I hit an artery... it was like a waterhose of blood...

Big Dan T

milkin said:
Down a glass of prune juice and take the rest of the evening sitting on a heating pad you old goat you. Probably irritated from over use. You're not still using those 21ga harpoons are you bro ?
</p>
<p>lol 21 ga harpoons.... I use a 3ml 22ga 1.5" 10 cent a piece local drug store... buy 200 at a time, that way they don't get nosey....</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

kiddbiggdogg

siegmund said:
</p>
<p>Using the same site for a cyc (example I'm on 16 w cyc been using my delts  , the whole cyc , test/DECA  at low dose, but can using the same spot effect the amount of chemical our 'muscle can absorb, due to over use and scar tissue etc,  ???</p>
<p> 
</p>
<p>thats a good question bro... im interested to know the answer to that myself. if you have gained any insight on the issue enlighten me.</p>
<p> </p>

56too

I have 12 pin sites and wanting to add more just for the reason you state. I do a lot of short ester cycles and need all the sites I cn get lol