Great Glutes

calmb4dastorm

I prefer the abduction machines to target my glutes. I am able to firm those bad boys up precontest by modifying my "stance " on the machine.  Yes, stand as opposed to sitting. I place my footing appropriately, stand with a slight bend at the waist while holding onto the upright portion of the equipment.  It looks similar to a squat. Works like a charm!

A

AGott458

Good topic as I had a discussion in regards to this with a female fitness competitor in the gym the other day.  While I do agree that "abduction machines" solely isolate the glutes, they just do not do the job for me as I tend to use more quads. However lunges, and this machine that I find in very few gyms called "glute kickbacks" in my opinion is where its at.  The glute kickbacks can be done without the machines and weights as well. 

shapefit.com/exercise-guides/butt-exercises-glute-kickbacks.html

A

AGott458

Good topic as I had a discussion in regards to this with a female fitness competitor in the gym the other day.  While I do agree that "abduction machines" solely isolate the glutes, they just do not do the job for me as I tend to use more quads. However lunges, and this machine that I find in very few gyms called "glute kickbacks" in my opinion is where its at.  The glute kickbacks can be done without the machines and weights as well. 

shapefit.com/exercise-guides/butt-exercises-glute-kickbacks.html

calmb4dastorm

I like the glutes kickback machine too. My preferred gym doesn't have one, but PF does.  The lunge is indeed quite effective no doubt! Oh the soreness that insues... ;-)

Msfit

From my personal experience and what I've had the most results are with hip thrusts, lounges (with one step each side to allow me to go all the way down in order to recruit more the glutes) and sumo squats I also include cable glute kickbacks. Having in mind that, the most important is to feel the muscle working and it's contraction and stretch that using tones of weight and don't be able to recruit the glutes executing them with proper form and risking to cause damage to the lower back 

rollfizzlebeef

Super set kick backs and hip thrusts. And do drop sets with kick backs so that your sets average 100 reps or more. Your glutes will be screaming, but the results will be phenomenal. 

ashop

A lot of my women clients focus on glutes and this exercise works great for most of them.