Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide - GHRP-6 Profile

hayabusa

GHRP-6 (Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide – 6) is a 28-amino-acid peptide that signals the human body to begin secreting growth-hormone (GH). Growth Hormone in the human body has host of beneficial effects such as decreased body fat, increased muscle, and increased strength and stamina. The Growth Hormone secreted by the body then causes the liver to secrete the highly anabolic hormone known as IGF-1. IGF-1 also contributes greatly to the body’s ability to burn fat and build muscle. Thus, in several studies, when subjects were given GHRP-6, their muscle mass increased and their body fat was reduced significantly.

Both Growth Hormone as well as IGF-1 also has several beneficial effects on collagen and bone tissue growth, and it would be expected that by using GHRP-6, users would experience the full spectrum of benefits typically seen with the use of GH and possibly the concurrent use of both GH and IGF-1.

In several studies done in both humans and rodents, it has further been found that GHRP-6 has a rapid effect on Ghrelin. Ghrelin would appear to be involved in excess weight gain, adiposity, and insulin resistance. This occurs during both high fat as well as high carbohydrate diets.GHRP-6 is a Ghrelin antagonist, meaning that it actually fights against Grehlin in the human body, and this may be one possible mechanism by which it helps to reduce bodyfat.

Growth hormone (GH) has been also been known to enhance immune responses and stimulate the immune system, whether directly or through the insulin like growth factor-1 signaled secretion caused by GH. GHRP-6 has also been shown to have this immune enhancing effect, particularly older subjects.

Bodybuilders and athletes have recently started using GHRP-6 in an effort to build more muscle and burn more fat. Typically, it is used on (or instead of) a cycle of anabolic steroids. However, some of the more creative users of this compound have been including it in their Post Cycle Therapy instead of GH, and even more have been cycling GHRP-6 in the off weeks from their IGF/GH cycles, in an effort to kick-start their body into producing their own natural GH & IGF, but at the same time getting the same results as if they remained on the GH/IGF cycle.

bjay1200

I'm doin a little research on ghrp 6. Can I use to bridge between cycles with. How much and how often and do u pinn intramuscular as well?

blastthru23

Hmmmm. I just read that ghrp6 is a ghrelin agonist/mimetic.. working on getting my head wrapped around the action of ghrp and the hormonal cascade effect caused thereby. I'm working on understanding the relationship between gh, ghrelin, and insulin mainly. So far, i get that it acts on the ghrelin receptors, which give one the sensation of hunger. Some how, ghrelin acts on gh receptors or something like that. Since ghrelin incites hunger, and if insulin is already present, i can see how this relationship would be counter to the effects one seeks since if insulin is present in the bloodstream, it would communicate that one isn't hungry, thus perhaps blocking the ghrelin from completing its "secondary" purpose of causing a gh pulse from the pituitary. I understand that this thought process is elementary at best, but I'm hoping to get feedback or some direction to satisfy my morbid curiosity concerning ghrp and just exactly how this works. At this point, I'm about to get an insulin monitor or whatever. Oh, in mice, when given insulin in conjunction  with ghrp, the effects were compounded. However, if blood glucose was high, the effects were reduced drastically.  The whole thing is a real fucking head trip. I simply cannot shake the curiousity.

blastthru23

So, here's what I've found so far. First, the above sticky appears incorrect with respect to the allegation that ghrp "fights ghrelin." Every research journal I've read thus far states that ghrp is an agonist of ghrelin, thus not an antagonist of ghrelin, it cannot be both. Therefore, ghrp is an agonist og ghrelin, which in turn promotes hunger and gh release into the bloodstream. The author of the sticky claims that ghrp fights ghrelin because of the resulting fat loss when ghrp is administered.  Once the ghrp activates the ghrelin receptor, which in turn activates the pulse of gh, the liver then releases igf-1. Igf-1, among other metabolic actions, metabolizes lipids. Herein lies the rub. To sum things up thus far, here is what i understand as to the administration of ghrp: First, ghrelin is activated, which causes a sensation of hunger. Second, ghrelin then acts on gh receptors in the anterior pituitary thus causing a pulse of endogenous gh. The gh the activates cells in the liver to produce igf-1, which metabolizes fats. Therefore, the user can expect increase appetite, muscle and other tissue growth, and reduced fat. 

More to come later...probably

swolesam

Good catch Blast. You got a keen eye on detail!! You're right ghrps are gherlin agonists , i.e promote the release of gherlin in the body. Gherlin is released naturally in the body when you stomach empties up to give you sensation of hunger, hence you go eat to fill it back up. Well, ghrps skip the empty stomach and cause the gherlin to release in bloodstream, hence you feel the ravenous hunger onsets fast.

As far as fat loss, thats a compounded effect that will take weeks if not months to show. Thats because its related to IGF-1. IGF-1 elevation will not happen by a week or 2 of ghrp administration, it takes a while to "build up" per se. So to see the benefits of elevated IGF-1 , people usually wait 5 or more weeks. Its the same time people wait to get their IGF-1 lab blood panel to see if the peptides they are using are fake or not.

blastthru23

And, i just read that ghrelin is an antagonist of insulin.... been digging deep into this world of endocrinology, hoping distill the relationships between hormones. Its pretty complex. I have to admit that i find it interesting that ghrelin blocks insulin as it were. i suppose it does that as a way of not flooding the blood with insulin prior to elevated glucose upon eating  (?).

SemperFi

The deeper you dig the more unanswered questions you are going to find. The cause and affect world of hormones is something that is too deep and too wide for me to continue pursuing. 

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Man, i get caught in the rabbit hole some times. It's just so damn interesting this body with all the chemical relationships, and the resulting emergent qualities. Distilling these relationships into easy to grasp nuggets is quite the chore, reminds me of studying Kant at Cal!

blastthru23

Ok, it appears that there is conflicting reports of grehlin inhibiting insulin. Some find that it does while others find that it doesn't. Earlier reports found that grehlin inhibited insulin in certain animal tests (including single cell animals), however, research has shown that in most cases grehlin did not inhibit glucose induced insulin. In conclusion, researchers seem to agree that further research is required in human subjects. My assumption is that since most research is being done in view of those suffering types I & II diabetes, research on a greater population of non-diabetic humans is needed. However, my question is, and I'm fairly certain it will be left unanswered, what is the relationship between GHRP and insulin?  Does this peptide have any potential effect on insulin?  For now, I'll be following the injection protocol set by those who have experience. I just like to know how things work. Why not create a mind-endocrine system relationship. Even though the endocrine system is autonomically controlled, its still a part of us....so who knows, maybe consciousness can reach the autonomic nervous system? 

Papa.Smurf0311

I have read every comment on this thread. I would like to know more. i also like researching this. but what is the difference between doing GHRP6 and just doing regular HGH?

unclem

yeah but not long but i wanted something cheaper as i was on hgh years ago. i only have a little piece of pituitary left due to tumor on it surgically removed pituitary. having a tumor on your pituitary will give you one hell of a headache lol.

HGH.to

having a tumor on your pituitary will give you one hell of a headache lol.
sure as hell it is. sorry to hear about that man.
i am not sure if GH secretatogues will work well. i mean... the boost the secretion of GH. but since the pituitary gland is affected, it might not respond too well, and not secrete as much GH as you need