GW-501516 (Cardarine) and Cancer

swolesam

Need input on this guys. Im actually not a fan of SARMS (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators), but i've been spending time researching a few of them lately, and some interesting facts bubbled up.

The one im spending quite a bit of time researching now is Cardarine GW-501516. The drug is basically a Peroxisome Proliferator–Activated Receptor (PPAR) activator which isnt truely a SARM but is classified as one for whatever reason. Manufacturer is Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK), the drug was going in trial phases I / II and was desserted and classified as high risk in 2007 and hence shelved since then with no further progress in the clinical trials hence no chance of seeing daylight. To add insult to injury The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) added GW to the ban list in 2009.

Ok, dig more into the research, the drug has outstanding benefits:

1) Great for pre-diabetic folks or people with metabolic abnormalities since it stimulates receptors on skeletal muscles to pull more glucose from the blood. Fantastic effect, similar to metformin only seems more efficient at this job. Could be a great tool for carb sensitive people like myself to get away with consuming more carbs and having them "channeled" properly into skeletal muscles with less going towards fat tissue!

2) Significantly lower LDL and elevate HDL!

3) Sheds fat layers efficiently since it's a PPAR activator which increases fatty acid oxidation. This has been shown in many experiments to be effective and legit tested on obese men test subjects.

I absolulety LOVE the benefits of this drug, shit sounds like a miracle drug for many people out there. My main concern is cancer risk, which seems to be argued for and against out there equally as much. Personally i wouldnt take these benefits at the risk of cancer but if these cancer claims are fake/invalid or half-baked, then the drug is def worth a try off-cycle and ON cutting cycles!!

Link from the diabetes journal dating back to 2008 showing superb benefits listed above on GW administration: 

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/57/2/332.long

Link showing that the cancer concern is completely bogus, BUT the source is biased since they are affiliated with a sarms company, so im def inclined not to believe them, BUT they make good common sense to me:

evolutionary.org/gw-501516-cardarine-cancer

Any of you guys used Caradrine (GW) before? Extended period of time? Dosages? Would love to hear the opinions from you good folks out here even if you just happened to be researching the compounds, any information helps!!!

SemperFi

Hulk,

I have ran GW on several different occasions for 6 weeks at 20mg ED for the specific reason to improve LDL/HDL. I have hereditary high cholesterol and in every case that I have used GW it has drastically improved my numbers. I would like to say that it improved endurance as well but because I ran it on cycle I cannot attribute the endurance increases to GW alone.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

Great info brother. confirms the studies' results published out there, which is awesome. Can you PM me the source please? Did you use the capsule or the RC liquid form? 

Just curious, over how many years span did you use it? Only recently or across multiple years? Also, did you notice any weight loss with it?

SemperFi

I used a liquid form.

I used it in two previous cycle about 2 years ago and 1 year ago for 6 weeks in each case. I cannot for certain attribute any weight loss benefits to GW because I was on cycle and was not using it for that purpose.

I wish I could provide more in-depth information but I solely was using it for the positive effects it has on cholesterol.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

Interesting article stating that PPAR ligands do not potentiate growth of human cancer cell lines.

cmtc.psu.edu/peters_group/publications/17.pdf

Acreed1

I've used gw before on 2 different occasions.. Roughly 5-6 months apart

1x just one bottle @ 20 mg and the 2nd time I ran 2 bottles @ 20mgs.

No real evidence in body fat shedding and no real endurance enhancements either. I'll pm you my source if needed just so you have the information..

swolesam

sounds like you might have been using a bunk source. Either that or maybe you have high tolerance brother. But 20mg ED is on the higher end as it is.

Yes, plz send me source.

SemperFi

FYI-

Very small study but supportive in GW positive effect on HDL.

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/27/2/359.long

SEMPER FI

Acreed1

Sorry Swole Sam.. Just saw this... I'll pm who I used.. I'd def wud like poss to try another reliable company..

Hades

You have a lot of good info here but GW doesn't offer per say fat burning abilities. Its a stamina enhancer so in turn you can burn more calories to decrease body fat. As far as a link to cancer? Not at all. If GW gives you cancer its not real GW.

SemperFi

Actually GW is linked to cancer causing agents based on the limited research but the doses in humans would have to be outrageous but I agree it is very argumentative.

SEMPER FI

mjtags

swole all the reports ive read it seems there should be no issues of running gw at 20mgs daily the reports about the cancer they were supposedly giving the rats close to 1000 times the normal dosage

swolesam

yup, thats true. They gave them some mg per lbs of body weight which added up to a recockulous amount of Cardarine. But, even then you got to wonder why would it turn so carcinogenic that it attacks multiple organs in the rats body. Maybe concerning, maybe not. 

Honestly, even if i was convinced its safe, im still at a limbo on where to get TRUE PURE cardarine and not some chopped cut chinese stuff with god knows what in it. If you have suggestions, PM me bro.

FYI - iv be looking into legit hormone clinics lately and some are starting to manufacture peptides American-Pharmacy made! i just talked to 1 on the phone today, and im so excited about this id piss my pants LOL the price is WAY higher than what you'd pay from a RC, but damn you know whats in that powder is LEGIT. figured i'd share with you that piece of info. If i can get GHRPs and maybe IGF-1 from an american pharmacy manufactured in the US, i'd be in heaven bro!

EDIT: btw, i havent heard any of these hormone clinics producing American pharmacy made SARMS, none... so SARMS are still in the hands of RCs and other unreliable sources.

Panzer

This is an old post but for whatever it's worth.. Odin Pharma seems to be a really reputable source for stuff and you cab get gw off of CENSORED.. It was pretty affordable I thought.

Last edited by a moderator: