Hair follucules while pinning

N

noveskeelite

Maybe a weird topic. But the thing that most concerns me about pinning isn't the pinning itself its infections. and probably the number 1 risk of causing infection is injecting through hair follucule. anybody else get super paranoid about that like me??

I double and triple check whatever site im about to use. I make sure I have tons of light and I avoid all the hairs lol.

am I being exceissively paranoid? the actual injection doesn't bother me one bit.......just the risk of infection that messes with my head.

siegmund

Yes ,,excessive paranoid ,lol ,hair folics probley get in to the skin every inject ,I mean its a educated guess. ,,but Nov, you will drive your self insane especially if you run a short ,, once area is alcohed don't think there's much more that can be done except good technique 

krusher

That's a good question a good rule of thumb is to try not to go directly through a hair follicle but it will sometimes happen . What you really need to remember is hair traps a lot of dirt and bacteria so when you prep make sure to cleanse the area with alcohol for a least 2 full min or more to destroy any bacteria . I personally swab the area for 2 min with force to drive alcohol into all pores ...

N

noveskeelite

seems a little excessive. I swab until the swab comes up cleans...like no oil from skin. then allow it to dry. If you ever get shot at doctor they just give one quick swab and poke.......the alcohol kills bacteria as it dries.

But im paranoid and just swab a few times till the swab comes up clean. Then inject. Havent had an issue yet.

krusher

ya know its funny I used to think the same way .. until one day I pinned my right glute , took all the precautions I always do .. ,clean the vile tops, new darts out of the package ,never set the dart down once its in my hand, the same way I have done a thousand times …by that evening my right glute looked like a DD implant and it was on fire hot to the touch. had some left over amoxicillin from a flu I had 6mo earlier started taking them immediately ,shit scared to go to doc cause I knew he would lance it with a scalple , and how would I explain it ? it took one week to go away ,it went from cantaloupe size to softball to golf ball ..I have been at this a long time and have done a lot of research in this area  . remember its your body and your life protect it arm yourself with knowledge .. I know I sometimes talk to much but If I can help one person I've succeeded ..

siegmund

Good point ,and I to have a stash of antibiodic ,,which I used for my foot ,,now I started them agion ,,did a delt shot a few days back ,with the new prop I had , which has eo which gives me a little pip ,,but the sore ness traveled to the bone at back of of shoulder ,I could be wrong and I bumped something but I follow the soreness from inject site to there ,,its not warm or swollen ,really but I'm not taking a chance I started kflex 1000 mg ed ,just in case ,,, bro you don't talk to much ,the more someone talks the more knowledge is spread ,, glad your hear ,I listen to what everyone says ,,I'm always learning 

N

noveskeelite

no I know what you mean. Im super paranoid about infections and im very careful and throuough with my injections. I use 3-4 swabs on average per injections not counting the ones I use to wipe vial tops.

N

noveskeelite

its been mentioned before tho......good idea to always keep antibitics on hand. I have penicillin and amoxicillin in my cabinet JUST in case. will use at first sign of infection.