Heavy or light

Welderman

I will try to ask this right. Gear helps with protein synthesis and recovery. So my question is say your doing chest workout. Is it best to absolutely push it to the brink of complete exhaustion or just do like moderate sets where you feel it but leave a little. Which method builds faster. Hopefully that makes sense

MONSTRO

I will try to ask this right. Gear helps with protein synthesis and recovery. So my question is say your doing chest workout. Is it best to absolutely push it to the brink of complete exhaustion or just do like moderate sets where you feel it but leave a little. Which method builds faster. Hopefully that makes sense
Stimulate not aniquilate . Train depends on your recovery capacity , never train sore

Welderman

Thank you. I been starting to do bicep, back, and shoulder workout in a gym visit. Spending 30-45 min on each muscle group instead of killing arms for 1.5 hours in a single visit. I'm learning to listen to my body if that makes sense. And yes I train no more than 3 days in a row and usually just 2. You're awesome monstro, thanks again

BiggyBill

Monstro is right! And yes, listening to your body makes sense and requires learning!
overkilling is never a good idea! It may even lead to injuries!
as with anything - not enough is not enough and too much is too much. We’ve got to find the perfect spot which is harder than what most people think!

Welderman

Yeah I think I'm being over doing it. Trying to still hit it hard but putting more stress on diet and rest. LoL it's hard because my gym is a 2 minute walk from my house and I love it. Lol

BiggyBill

If you’re extremely sore after training that’s no good, esp if soreness didn’t disappear until the next training of those muscles.
it means you’re either not eating properly, not getting enough sleep or just overkilling it in gym, or maybe a combination of all.
you’re a lucky with 2 min walk gym!!!

Welderman

Tell you what I have upped my protein to about 500 grams ed. Taking a lot more days off than I was. My chest to my back thickness has really changed. Lats are thickening up and beginning to stick out a little.