High RBC Levels On TRT

Zewi

Its the reason why drinking water is so good for you. It is also great idea to Take baby aspirin in the morning, and a baby aspirin and time released Niacin at night before you go to bed.  I also donate blood once a month when on cycle. :)

blastthru23

If you have a certain blood type, you can give two pints worth through platelet donation. They take blood out of one arm, remove the platelets, and return the plasma to your body through the other arm. It's for type negative I believe. I'm over due for a donation due to work commitments...

SemperFi

How are you able to donate every 4 weeks? Do you go to several different donation centers?

For the most part I would say every 8 weeks is sufficient and every four is unnecessary.

SemperFi

Did you and Zewi even watch the video? The doctors argument was that RBC increases from testosterone use is NOT dangerous and no bloodletting is necessary. It's when certain medical conditions increase white, red and platelets that health risks increase.

I am not saying I agree with him. Just saying you guys seem to have missed the point of the video or I am misunderstanding the nature of your guys responses.

ramdisck

blastthru23 said:
</p><p>I didn't, I just jumped in blind</p><p>
</p><p>jumping in blind is what im best at.  the video is worth a watch but the dr really sounds like a quack</p><p> </p>

ashop

SemperFi said:
</p><p>Did you and Zewi even watch the video? The doctors argument was that RBC increases from testosterone use is NOT dangerous and no bloodletting is necessary. It's when certain medical conditions increase white, red and platelets that health risks increase.</p><p>I am not saying I agree with him. Just saying you guys seem to have missed the point of the video or I am misunderstanding the nature of your guys responses.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>He even talks about people who live at high altitudes with high RBC and living perfectly normal healthy lives without getting phlebotomy's or medication(s)</p>

gman3363

Hey guys, I did watch the video, actually a couple of times.  I am on TRT and have been for 8 years now.  Started the gel, then the injections (self) then the pellets implanted in the hip.  I'm going back to the self injections though.  Anyway, my last blood test showed my overall T at 1366 (250 - 1100 acceptable range)) and my free T in 401 (35 - 155 acceptable range).  No wonder I been feeling so good.  I did have a an elevated HCT at 51.9 (37 - 51 acceptable range).  so, the video was of particular interest to me.  My family doctor opined that I should get a blood dump based purely on the .9 over the 50 ceiling.  I just think that many doctors are unaware really of the finer points on some of these specific medical issues.  I would be interested to see if any clinical studies come out on this.  There have to be thousands of guys dumping blood and maybe they don't need to be.  Donating to blood centers is one thing, but just being in the position of wondering if your blood is going to harm you, well that is something else.  If I find anything out on the testosterone induced high red blood count and its consequences (if any), I will let you all know.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Zewi

I did. Guess I should have added more history, there is a line between being in range for high in what we no from low elevation high elevation and medication that can increase RBC. But just like anything there is a baseline low and high if your constantly over that high point that is safe you need to do other things my cycles are not just Test e or c. But other things that raise RBC count. Everything has a max and going over that does affect people differently. For me when I get to high my body tends to carry way more IRON in the body my CPK level also increases. There are more things than just rasing RBC when on cycle. Same concept you gros up at c level than go to a mile rocky mountains you just cant run a mile like you did at sea level there is an adjustment. If your body is used to a certain level of RBC and your add more because of TESTOSTERONE is your body changing are other things happening, you are not rasing your RBC because of elevation training and rasing it a few points. Your are dramaticly rasing the levels how will that affect you. Everyone is different and respond different it's why we all recomand getting blood done before and after. I know how my body acts to raise RBC, it affects other things my body doesn't like. So always check into it. 

ashop

gman3363 said:
</p><p>Hey guys, I did watch the video, actually a couple of times.  I am on TRT and have been for 8 years now.  Started the gel, then the injections (self) then the pellets implanted in the hip.  I'm going back to the self injections though.  Anyway, my last blood test showed my overall T at 1366 (250 - 1100 acceptable range)) and my free T in 401 (35 - 155 acceptable range).  No wonder I been feeling so good.  I did have a an elevated HCT at 51.9 (37 - 51 acceptable range).  so, the video was of particular interest to me.  My family doctor opined that I should get a blood dump based purely on the .9 over the 50 ceiling.  I just think that many doctors are unaware really of the finer points on some of these specific medical issues.  I would be interested to see if any clinical studies come out on this.  There have to be thousands of guys dumping blood and maybe they don't need to be.  Donating to blood centers is one thing, but just being in the position of wondering if your blood is going to harm you, well that is something else.  If I find anything out on the testosterone induced high red blood count and its consequences (if any), I will let you all know.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>Glad you could relate to the video clip. I'm looking into finding clinical studies as we speak. I will post if anything comes up.</p>

Big Nasty

At the end of the day, I would still donate blood when you can as it does have several health benefits other than just lowing high RBC count. Its like changing the oil in your car, you body adapts by enriching itself with new fresh blood. Lastly, donating blood serves a  great cause so it doesn't hurt to get it done on a regular basis. One final thought, sometimes the nurses are smokin hot. 

blastthru23

Same with the phlebotomists when getting blood work, most of the time they are rather hot, but seem a little grumpy first thing in the morning  

BodyGear

You can tell you guys are on roids.... Always thinkin about the little guy downstairs!!! Thinkin with the wrong head... Haha... but im right there with ya!!!

kcty76

I am on TRT from a well known Dr (not sure I can say who here.) He i not concerned with the high hemoglobin/hemocrit, he does say dropping blood every 8 weeks is a good idea. Not because it lowers them (because it is very temporary) but for the reason someone else up here mentioned, his words "it's like an oil change for your heart." 

I don't sweat it much, feel fine and I know the sides of cycles and TRT and we all accept the "risk" when we decide to cycle. The WHO says processed meats are worse for you than smoking a pack of smokes a day. Looks like we're all going to die of something, may as well live the life you want and enjoy (responsibly.) 

Dunbar

I just dropped a pint for this purpose and others. I also hoped to see a decline in BP. It was not immediate but did drop over next couple weeks.