How many meals are you getting

blastthru23

I do the same thing. I know oats have protein, but I consider only the carbs. Likewise, I consider peanuts more of a fat source than a protein source. Any protein in carb or fat sources I chalk up as incidental.

blastthru23

Also, I have to add, I calculate protein based on a goal for lean mass, however, it is my current estimated lean mass weight I base protein consumption, not total body weight. For example, say I weigh 220 and have 10% bf. I subtract the 22 pounds of fat, and multiply the target protein amount by 198. The fill in the blanks for fat and carbs as pertains to my target daily caloric consumption.

Dolf

II saw a study that showed vegans are in general a very unhealthy group and run up huge medical care cost.

Dolf

I still hear it too. I got my info from the Mayo clinic. I've learned when it comes to studies to look long and hard at who's behind them and who's financing it. Pretty sad people push false narratives solely to push their own agenda. That's the world we live in these days.

strong

X2 and +2...   A starting point or a baseline Gets the ball rolling. We will constantly have to tweak our diets, workouts and our philosophy.

blastthru23

Many vegans I have met or have known suffer from anxiety, and depression, and can't do heavy work and need many breaks throughout the day. Oh, and can't take a joke...super sensitive! Not that there's anything wrong with that lol.