How to approach this.

Idontgetmad

Hi, so i'm at the point where I want to compete. I'm on a 16 week cycle of test cyp ending december 4th. My coach only wants me to go off for a max of 8 weeks. Should PCT be approached the same way as any cycle? would it make sense to even do a pct at that point, or would cruising for a bit be my best bet.

suppsforlife

cruising means you are likely to stay on steroids (testosterone) for the rest of your life. if you are sure you want to do it then is up to you.
about PCT plan after 8 weeks cycle length, yes, it is still required. PCT is important after any cycle with any suppressive compounds. But no, PCT plans are not the same. they vary depending on harshness of cycle

Idontgetmad

no, PCT is different depending on the cycle type

yes, PCT makes point both after 8 weeks or 16 weeks cycle lengths.
either you want to cruise or PCT is up to you and your goals
So ideally I would like to get off for a bit after i compete in may, would the ideal approach to my situation be - last shot dec 4th, then start a pct proticol and stay off for 8 weeks? then jump back on when the 8 weeks are over? Is there a length of time between on and off that would make it so that a pct would be more harm than good?

HGH.to

Well, generally is recommended to stay off steroids for as long as you've been on the cycle. Example: 16 weeks cycle length means you should stay off them for at least 16 weeks. 8 weeks = 8 weeks off period.
The off period includes in itself the weeks you wait to start a PCT plan (usually 2 weeks) including the PCT plan itself (usually 4 weeks). This means that as soon as you stop using steroids, you wait about 2 weeks so all steroids to be flushed out of system and then you do PCT 4 weeks more (usually). You have 6 weeks off time. If you ran 8 weeks cycle then wait 2 more weeks and you can start. If you ran 16 weeks cycle you need to wait 10 more weeks so you can start.

Idontgetmad

Well, generally is recommended to stay off steroids for as long as you've been on the cycle. Example: 16 weeks cycle length means you should stay off them for at least 16 weeks. 8 weeks = 8 weeks off period.
The off period includes in itself the weeks you wait to start a PCT plan (usually 2 weeks) including the PCT plan itself (usually 4 weeks). This means that as soon as you stop using steroids, you wait about 2 weeks so all steroids to be flushed out of system and then you do PCT 4 weeks more (usually). You have 6 weeks off time. If you ran 8 weeks cycle then wait 2 more weeks and you can start. If you ran 16 weeks cycle you need to wait 10 more weeks so you can start.
Ah yeah I’ve seen that time off = time on. I think I might just blast and cruise, doesn’t make sense for me to go off for less than the time needed to recover

HGH.to

What's your age? Usually, blasting a cruising means you won't be returning back to completely off ever again.