How to decide dosages of cycle?

DubGGz

Hi guys,

Just had my testosterone lab results back and they came back in at the low end of normal: (Testosterone 11.8 nmol/L - Free Testosterone - Calc. 0.27 nmol/L)

Now I'm 28, 6'2, 95kg, sat at around 17% BF with a good history of lifting and completely natty - I got my levels tested as my energy seemed a lot lower than usual, recovery seemed to be taking longer, and I was putting on weight with not much change in diet. My goal is to add a few KG of muscle whilst dropping to around the 10% BF mark.

I'm seriously contemplating using some form of testosterone but my question is, how to judge what dosage to go with? As surely everyone's doses would be completely different based on their natural levels? Is there a way to look at my levels and get some sort of idea as to what I should be starting with?

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

HGH.to

I'm seriously contemplating using some form of testosterone but my question is, how to judge what dosage to go with? As surely everyone's doses would be completely different based on their natural levels? Is there a way to look at my levels and get some sort of idea as to what I should be starting with?
if you're very serious about running testosterone then the usual beginners dosage is around 300-500 mg per week. Yes, doses can be different depending on the natural level of Test, but there are other factors to come at play such as ultimate goals you aim, personal level of tolerance etc.
There are cases when users go for lower doses such as 200 mg per week or even 100 mg per week, but generally, such doses are not for physique and performance enhancement but rather for TRT.
If you want a slight boost - 300 mg per week is going to be enough. This is still a high dosage to offer great benefits.
PS: there is a forum member here which is in middle of his first cycle with Testosterone 500 mg per week and he is amazed by the results! hope it helps.

DubGGz

if you're very serious about running testosterone then the usual beginners dosage is around 300-500 mg per week. Yes, doses can be different depending on the natural level of Test, but there are other factors to come at play such as ultimate goals you aim, personal level of tolerance etc.
There are cases when users go for lower doses such as 200 mg per week or even 100 mg per week, but generally, such doses are not for physique and performance enhancement but rather for TRT.
If you want a slight boost - 300 mg per week is going to be enough. This is still a high dosage to offer great benefits.
PS: there is a forum member here which is in middle of his first cycle with Testosterone 500 mg per week and he is amazed by the results! hope it helps.
Really does help, I appreciate the reply and the advice. From what I've been reading 300mg seems to be the most common for people who want to build muscle but not a crazy amount, as well as just keep that healthy level of fitness.

BiggyBill

Yeah, you can go for 300 mg as a starting dose if you never ran roids in the past. From that point on, you’re going to have a better idea of what dosage you need and what based on experience. You may increase or decrease based on different factors. Whatever you choose - wishing you good luck!

suppsforlife

Really does help, I appreciate the reply and the advice. From what I've been reading 300mg seems to be the most common for people who want to build muscle but not a crazy amount, as well as just keep that healthy level of fitness.
update in how you feel. 300 mg is indeed a safe yet very effective dosage.

suppsforlife

Yeah, you can go for 300 mg as a starting dose if you never ran roids in the past. From that point on, you’re going to have a better idea of what dosage you need and what based on experience. You may increase or decrease based on different factors. Whatever you choose - wishing you good luck!
That's the dosage I started myself and only with time I increased it.

Is there a benefit to starting at 150-200mg Test and adding 50mg or so per week over the first few weeks of a cycle building to 350-500mg (for a first timer such as this post) or just go straight to the intended dose from Week 1?

I really love all the advice and guidance here. I have been learning so much following these forums so far - you guys rock.

HGH.to

Is there a benefit to starting at 150-200mg Test and adding 50mg or so per week over the first few weeks of a cycle building to 350-500mg (for a first timer such as this post) or just go straight to the intended dose from Week 1?
Testosterone Enanthate tends to build up in your system over time. So just go straight to the intended dose from first week.
I really love all the advice and guidance here. I have been learning so much following these forums so far - you guys rock.
we're all here to help each other. if there's something else, I would try to help you!

BiggyBill

agreed with HGH and as I mentioned earlier, my first cycle was 500 mg Test E from first week. and I started to feel results within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks BiggyBill, I did 200 week 1, 250mg in week 2 (both spilt over two doses). Feeling some benefits, but nothing super noticeable so far. I understand that it stays in my system for 2 weeks, so it is still building up.

Based on this advice I will build to 400mg next week and if I feel good I will carry on at that dosage for the balance of my 12 weeks. Being my first cycle, I would like to leave a bit on the table for next cycle - give myself room to up the dose to 500mg then if I want more (and let's face it - I probably will).

HGH.to

it sounds good. go to 400 mg weekly and check how you feel. most beginners find it perfect, but if is too much - reduce or if is not enough, increase. Be sure that the "final words" of a dosage are seen after like 2 weeks or so.
So, if you start 400 mg now, you would "fully" feel it in like 2 weeks.

Maniac1130

You guys got me so amped up right now! I am waiting for my AI in the mail and once it's in, I will be joining you for my first cycle (in ten years)!!

Maniac1130

I added 70 pounds to bench press I 8 week test e cycle. Test is safe but more powerful than I think it gets credit for.
That's dope, bro!!! nicely done!
And if you really want to see the results from it don't eat AI's like candy. Good luck
I usually get gyno sides from roids so I don't have a choice I have to take an AI unfortunately. I am super pumped to start my next cycle!!

HGH.to

yeah, how much AI to administer is very individual. From same test dosage someone may need much more AIs than others. but in the same time is true that eating AIs like candies would be a huge mistake!