I Expected Instructions

KindOfAnIdiot

Sounds like you are hitting a nerve... If you were to divide the butt cheek into 4 quarters, exactly where on the butt are you injecting?
For dorsogluteal, upper outer quadrant.
But for ventrogluteal, I shift my weight onto & off of the subject leg or move it outward to see where the golf ball appears between the iliac crest and the greater trochanter. I inject into the golf ball.

KindOfAnIdiot

are you sure you use the proper injection techniques?
With this happening, I'm certain that I am not.
The confusion, for me, is that the first couple of injections were so easy. No pain; I felt nothing at all except (this will sound odd) a slight drag pulling out the needle. What I'm doing different now, I'm not so sure. The only thing I've noticed is that, rather than become more confident each time, I have grown increasingly nervous. So I insert the needle exceptionally slowly. My guess is that, as I go so slowly, I unintentionally move my leg. HOWEVER, I tried the ventrogluteal seated as well. Same thing.

I suppose, because I can do a dorsogluteal without this problem, I should just continue to do them. I'm disappointed because the ventrogluteal ones started out so effortless and really without any sensation of injection at all.

Nick1000

As long as you are sure you have the correct placement you should be good to go. It is funny, i have given hundreds if not more of injections to other people and I just dart the needle in but when I pin myself, I prefer to do it slowly. If you are having a confidence issue just overlook it and make it happen. Keep you eye on the goal so to speak. To avoid any twitching try inserting more quickly

Last edited:

HGH.to

I guess you change the injection site often? heat up the solution a bit before injecting?