I need some help

woody

Hello, i am 6'5 " tall 18 years old and weigh 160 pounds. i eat and eat and eat and cant gain any weight so i have came her for some help i have wanted to start working out and build muscle for the past month and have been doing some research and it is way to confusing for me. i need help with diets weight training every thing every web site i go to tells me something else, use weight gainers don't use them eat alot of protein don't eat alot i just need some help and what to star bulkn up so plz help me.

Raffy

Well first off try eating every 2-3 hours with meals that consist of lean meat and complex carbs (potatoes, whole wheat bread, yams, wheat pasta,etc) with some healthy fat here and there. You need at least 1 gram of protein per body weight and about 2 to 3 grams of carbs per bodyweight if you are trying to add some lean bulk.

Protein is essential. The people who say don't eat protein are people who probably look very thin or don't bodybuild as a hobby. Go out to a supplement store in your town and buy a 5 pound jar of protein. With your weight it should last you for a while. I know protein prices have increased lately due to the demand for it, but it's worth buying.

You can make meals with protein powder also. Mix a cup of oatmeal and a scoop or two of protein with water in a blender or a shaker to make a really fast healthy meal with lean protein and complex carbohydrates. You can make smoothies, pudding, and even pancakes with it.

Eating red meat is also good for adding mass. There is creatine in red meat also. What you can do to start off with is to eat 3-4 meals a day with protien shakes in between your meals to help give you all the protein you'll need for muscle growth. Buy a multi-vitamin totake everyday also. They give you nutrients that you sometimes can't get from the foods that you eat. It is like insurance in a way.

For supplements first off, buy some protein powder. You want whey protein before and after a workout for fast absorption. You can eat after a workout if you want also. Secondly buy some creatine. There are alot of creatines' out there but monohydrate will do the trick. If you have more to spend by the tri-esters or the other combined creatines. Glutamine is awesome to take before and after your workouts with creatine. Nitric oxide supplements are great. There are supplements who have all of these combined too.

Try to workout 3-5 days a weeks while hitting each bodypart once a week. Do 3-4 exercises for each bodypart your working out.

hayabusa

raffy has given you some good advice there bro.....read it.....

when i first started lifting i was 6ft 4 and about 14stone and not in great condition, 4 years later im 6ft 4 16 stone and have some decent pbs in my lifts....and i wouldn't say i had the genetics to be a bodybuilder, i have had to work for every last pound of muscle, like you might have to, remember at your age you will have an extra ability to stay lean and build muscle, you are anabolic most of the time, the best advice i can give, is to go back to basics and train on a split routine 3-4 days a week, i find this works best as an all-round routine for most ( or at least me anyway ) ............

try either:

day1>chest/back day3>lower body day5>shoulders/arms 4>days off OR
day1>upper day2>lower day4>upper day5>lower 3>days off

either of these methods will work for a while so give em a try, if you opt for 3 days a week make sure you go all out every session, volume isn't key there.
and with upper/lower have a heavy and light session within the week.

Eat plenty of food, concern yourself with consuming the calories dont obcess about clean eating your main concern is trying to mass up......keep going, stay consistent and keep a log, you'll be sure to succeed, but it takes time....it isn't rocket science but it is science, so pay attention and do some research.....

good luck bro.

Kitt

excellent advise is given to you by raph and hayabusa...however, i would add... You need at least 2 gram of protein per body weight...

Great advice given already but I would add that if you are still not making gains add in some healthy fats, have a tablespoon of peanut butter  3 times a day and make sure one of those is before bed with a good casein source such as cottage cheese or a shake. Keep that level for a week then if you still haven't made any gains, add more carbs too your diet but slowly, consistency is key to making correct gains and adding a little here and there will ensure you don't pile on pounds of fat.Also consider a cheat meal post workout once per week and increase to twice per week again if no gains are made. All in all make a plan stick to it and train your ass off and it will happen.