Importance of shakes and protein bars

Welderman

What the pic below shows is an 8lb pork tenderloin. At roughly 90grams of protein per pound this is 720 grams of protein. For my weight this is 1 1/2 days worth of protein at 2grams/lb. Yes that means I would need to eat 4 of these every week if it wasn't for protein supplements. The moral of this story is that if you're new to this don't be stingy with your shakes and bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_213937.jpg
    IMG_20210522_213937.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 7

JSom

In my opinion, it is much easier to drink a protein shake than to stick a piece of meat in yourself when you are not hungry. Sports supplements were not invented in vain. I'm not new to training, but I still have protein in my diet. Now I'm doing my own testing of Optimum Nutrition's gluten-free protein. So far, I don’t notice the difference. Probably, the difference would be noticeable for those who are allergic to gluten.

HGH.to

I don't think he tried to say that supplements are useless - only warned against overuse of proteins.
plus, as long as you can take your macros from food - that's better than supplements IMO

suppsforlife

it is much easier to drink a protein shake than to stick a piece of meat in yourself when you are not hungry.
while you're definitely right, there are weight gainers shakes instead of protein when you are not hungry but need to add as much as possible

JSom

while you're definitely right, there are weight gainers shakes instead of protein when you are not hungry but need to add as much as possible

Yes, weight gainers are great too. They work most effectively after strength training. I drank gainers at one time and it helped me build muscle without any hormones, steroids and other harm to the body. I am for legal methods.

suppsforlife

Steroids are very likely not to harm your body as long as used correctly.
But I'm in no way trying to recommend you to use them. just a word of reference.

Welderman

LoL I have noticed that if I take 2 anadrol before I drink a protein shake.that the shake seems to work better. SAVE THE WHEY, EAT MORE ROIDS, that's my motto

BiggyBill

LOL.
just don’t overdo it Welder. Keep in mind they can be hard too. Do you run liver supplements?

BiggyBill

Got me there lol.
it was obvious why those shakes work better lol, but i thought you actually started with it

JSom

I want to share my discovery. I recently bought a box of Extend Bar protein bars with chocolate and didn't even notice that they were for diabetics. But in fact, for those who do not have diabetes, they are not contraindicated. So, when I tried these bars, it turned out that they are tastier than many bars that are not for diabetics. Here, the ingredients are more carefully selected and the bars come out much tastier. This is unusual to understand, but very cool! There are such bars in this review, I specially looked to show them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful though. There's also evidence that eating too much protein over time can increase your risk of osteoporosis and exacerbate existing kidney problems.

The trick is to take a well-balanced supplement and eat a well-balanced diet.