important question.....

blue9802

hello MG fam ,i reside in FL, the TRT capital of the usa..... the question thats bothering me is i see alot of men on TRT and some on rather high doses but the issue i have is they only do it for the so called sexual benefits and thats great for them.....however these men have no fitness or cardio regimen in the mix, what im asking is what would the long term sides be of TRT without any fitness-diet-overall changes in lifestyle be? EXAMPLE i met a guy last week we were talking about his TRT and his progress over 6 months.....now this man claimed hes gained 27 pounds without and fitness-diet changes and i am asking b/c he appeared to be in damn good shape, he was 41 with a current weight of 206.... 

Dolf

Trt is just getting your t levels within a  normal range which in its self a huge lifestyle improvement and lowers your risk for many health issues. That's whether you're living a healthy lifestyle or not. Sex is also healthy for a relationship so that's another reason whether you diet and exercise or not. However whether you're on try or not a good whole food diet and exercise are vital to your long-term health. Not everyone likes to lift weights. Exercise could be anything from weights to running, cycling, swimming, or just a brisk 30 min afternoon walk with your wife. 

I have a buddy who's 46 and he's trt and doesn't lift a weight one. But he does compete in triathlon and is in better shape than me hands down, but if you were to stand us side by side 100 out of 100 people would point at me and say by looks I'm in the better shape. Weight training is not everyone's cup of tea.

SemperFi

There are studies and a lot of anecdotal evidence that shows the introduction of steroids in low doses does increase lean muscle mass and reduce body fat in men even without diet and exercise changes. The increase in protein synthesis makes much of this possible. A 26lbs gain in muscle mass in a six month period on TRT is improbable but if he actually achieved that... great for him. TRT is life changing in so many ways for a lot of men. My first year of TRT I gained approximately 14lbs of LBM and 6lbs the second year and I was tearing up the gym on a daily basis.... if my memory serves me correctly.

A lot of TRT clinics not only work with the patient on testosterone levels. The also focus on maintaining healthy estrogen levels and thyroid which lends to many of the improvements. Hormone balancing creates some amazing changes in people and lower the risks of many diseases at the same time.

Long term side effects are individual dependent but it is my opinion that training or no training does not increase the risks on a simple replacement dose of testosterone. The risks of a sedentary lifestyle are higher for an individual than TRT.

SEMPER FI