Increase arm and grip strength

R

ruxgear

THICK BAR TRAINING

A simple device to incorporate in your already existing weight training to increase arm and grip strength is "fat grips" or "thick grips" particularly if you do not have access to oversized barbells. 

These devices are portable and you simply add them to the barbell/dumbell that you are used to using to increase the diameter of the existing bar.

Thicker grips recruit more muscle fibers in the upper body, specifically your arms, building more strength and mass faster.

Grappling requires an enormous amount of arm strength. Those who grapple fully understand the importance of having a strong grip and these devices will do the job without adding additional exercises to an already busy routine.

You can get them in 2", 2.5" and 3". I would start out at 2" and work from there.

Prices range online from $15-$50.

R

ruxgear

Here is the set that I personally use.

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Grips-2-0-Extreme-Dumbbell/dp/B00B6JKRSY/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1462382857&sr=1-3&keywords=thick+grips

SemperFi

Nice suggestion Rux.

I started thick grip training about 3 months ago and I certainly notice a difference in arm strength. I also see an increase in max weight when I go back to a standard bar.

Continue adding, stay active and we are glad to have you!

SEMPER FI