Is it useful to start a cycle of Anavar for me?

TobiasBB

Hello there,

first of all a bit about myself, 31 yo 1.92m 94kg, going to the gym regularly but seeing some stagnation the past months - I'd be considered muscular for the average person but probably the opposite for a professional bodybuilder;
My BF is at around 15% and I never managed to go really deeper; The thing is I am quite happy with my mass and do not really want to get much bigger but I would like to get down my bodyfat a bit and be more defined; Not like 3% BF but around 8-10% would be cool;

So I am wondering if Anavar is the right thing for me? Particularly, I have the following questions:

1. What can I expect from a 10 week cycle?
2. How likely is it that I will experience some side effects during or after the cycle? (I am not willing to suffer from strong side effects but I read very different things about it)
3. What will remain after the cycle? I'd probably gain some muscle (maybe 3kg and lose around 6-7kg of fat during the cycle I suppose) and what happens if I stop taking it? What happens to muscle gains? What happens to far gains?

Would you generally recommend such a light steroid for someone in my situation or would you say it is totally not worth it? Happy to hear your opinions

otfjoey300

sorry brother but I don’t think you’ll gain that much mass at all running anavar. In fact you may stay the same weight and just tighten up a big - depending on a few factors and your diet of course. You would be shutting yourself down partially for not much benefit … I think you should run test with the var but that’s just me- or just test

EDIT; you wouldn’t be shutting yourself down partially, I stand corrected, by week 6 you will have fully tanked your natural test levels. If you are too scared to use juice then go research some SARMS. That’s the only oral route … but beware those shut you down too, on a more mild and easily bounce back basis than steroids themselves; for most people. I shouldn’t say everybody.

Last edited:

TobiasBB

Hi man,

Thanks for your reply - could you describe the second part a little bit more in detail? And is 3kg of muscle gain in 10 weeks of Anavar really unrealistic? But I am not really doing it for the muscle gain but more for the fat loss anyway..

otfjoey300

I doubt you’ll put on 7-8 pounds just from var ; but if you up your caloric intake to slightly above maintenance, and eat a LOT of protein everyday like 1.5 G protein per pound of your weight it will for the most part all be lean mass. you can put on 10 pounds (maybe a pound or two of LBM) in 10 weeks. Var will cut you up and give you a dry, hard look. If you’re trying to put in weight try dbol or anadrol.

Var alone will shut you down by week 6 you could be feeling like shit without test and actually losing muscle due to catabolism

TobiasBB

Oh, we do not want that - so what is the most beginner friendly thing to do? Something without a lot of sides, mostly to just look a bit more cut, lose some fat?

EMachine

Why not work on your diet? These days, I see kids wanting to go the steroid route without having their diet and training in check! Back in the day, the order was different, diet, training and gear. Now most people think backwards. gear first, then training and finally, diet. Diet, is your best anabolic steroid. 15 bf is not hard to bring it down with proper diet, cardio, training, and rest and without steroids...if you can believe it!
I agree that Var should not be taken by itself...a little bit a test should always be used.

otfjoey300

3-400 test for 12-16 weeks you’ll notice huge changes if you’ve never run anabolics

in this protocol, if you want to run anavar (which is more expensive than test, for the most part) ; throw in anavar the last 6 weeks . It will really harden up the lean mass you’ve gained and most likely keep most of your first cycle; which will yield the best gains of any future cycle in my opinion

HGH.to

1. What can I expect from a 10 week cycle?
highly depends on your diet / lifestyle / genetics etc. but on average, if you're in calorie deficit (since you said you want to lose fat) then you might maintain your muscles with fat loss. it would offer a dry/ hard effect.
But i wouldn't recommend Anavar for 10 weeks. Anavar 6 weeks alone is maximum what you should run it for. That's because of liver toxicity and testosterone suppression.
2. How likely is it that I will experience some side effects during or after the cycle? (I am not willing to suffer from strong side effects but I read very different things about it)
again, depending on various factors, especially on the dosage. granted you use everything properly, side effects are unlikely during the cycle (or mild and controllable) and might suffer from low T after the cycle. That's why a PCT is extremely important. with proper dose and lifestyle, side effects from var shouldn't be too bad.
What will remain after the cycle? I'd probably gain some muscle (maybe 3kg and lose around 6-7kg of fat during the cycle I suppose) and what happens if I stop taking it? What happens to muscle gains? What happens to far gains?
var won't help you add too many muscles and if you added them - they are likely to remain because this is a dry steroid. 3 kg of muscles can be added only with proper calorie intake (diet) but losing 6-7 kg of fat seems a bit too much. In the end, you are unlikely to see too many changes on a scale, but you might see them in the mirror.
When you stop it - your body doesn't produce testosterone enough. that's why many people lose their muscles after cycle (and feel really down). That's why a PCT is very important!
Would you generally recommend such a light steroid for someone in my situation or would you say it is totally not worth it? Happy to hear your opinions
i wouldn't say that is totally not worth it. You could give it a try. but if you want to keep things safe, try very low doses for short cycles just to see how it works for you.
generally, testosterone is the beginner's steroid. But anavar is often a choice for beginners.
You could try 10-20 mg a day for 4 weeks to see how you react on it

TobiasBB

Well, it is probably unjustified but I find it a bit easier to take oral medication - it just feels safer and less risky even though it is probably bs;

Also, I am a bit afraid to lose my hair and experience other major side effects from testosterone; What would be the optimal PCT after a cycle of testosterone?
Testosterone would need a caloric surplus and would mainly gain muscle but also shrink a bit of fat(even on a caloric surplus), right?

suppsforlife

Well, it is probably unjustified but I find it a bit easier to take oral medication - it just feels safer and less risky even though it is probably bs;
yeah is bs. most orals are hepatotoxic (anavar is) and most injectables are not (testosterone isn't). plus test is safer in terms of cholesterol.
Also, I am a bit afraid to lose my hair and experience other major side effects from testosterone; What would be the optimal PCT after a cycle of testosterone?
in such a case, Anavar is indeed better. but why are you afraid? do you have it in your genes? Test is not really bad if not abosed for hair though.
PCT doesn't help with hair loss, but to promote testosterone production.
Testosterone would need a caloric surplus and would mainly gain muscle but also shrink a bit of fat(even on a caloric surplus), right?
yes, but on clean caloric surplus and proper training

TobiasBB

And one last question - how would the perfect PCT for Testosterone look like? And yes, I have strong hair loss - I already would have been almost bold if I didn't start taking Finasteride;

With Fin I managed to stabilize it and even gain a bit back but I am definitely prone to it;

otfjoey300

Test PCT you could use nolvadex and clomid ; would suffice with a test only cycle: if it’s a cyp or enth ester; start PCT two weeks after your last shot of test … 50/50/25/25
40/40/20/20