Is your gym clean?

B

Burrr

I just got home from a little vacation in the mid west and checked out a couple of gyms out there.

I hit up a small mom and pop gym in Monticello KY and another small gym in Cincinnati.

The one in KY did not even have any thing to wipe down equipment with,,, nothing at all, the price was only 5 bucks, but I'd gladly pay more for clean, fungi free equipment.

The one in Cincinati had some clorox wipes around, but I could quickly tell they did not get used often. When I did wipe a bench down it was nasty. The cardio equipment here really grossed me out, the base of the ellipticals were covered with pubes, dog hair, sweat, etc. Could tell they have not been wiped down in ages, The Cinci gym also had full on mold growing all over the shower walls, yikes!

The gyms I visited out west have been clean, none of the gross stuff I saw in middle america.

Ignatius

The gym I go to is very clean the owner also owns a cleaning business so that helps I'm sure. The price is just over $50 a month. You do get what you pay for. The really cheap ones do not draw the type of crowds that I prefer to hang around for long. No disrespect to anyone I'm just being somewhat stereotypical I suppose. 

Dolf

You mean you don't want to go to Planet Fitness for $10 a month. No grunting allowed. Lol

ramdisck

I'm at the gym 4am so I need to go to a 24 hr place. Nothing worth touching for less than $70/month. But very clean. I love everything about the gym, I don't think I would want to do it at home even if I had my own in my basement.

strong

My gym is $13 a month and clean. sauna, steam room. I tear it up and a great mix of hard lifters. And the women are sick!!!!  from 17 to 60 years old. Ass everywhere I look...

strong

Bro, when I go in the morn. I get the hot moms and I'm 45 so i'll check out a hot 60 YO. when I go after 4pm its nuts bro. Especially the days I go there on TNE... Nothing better... Focus on pounding weights and pounding ass.

B

Burrr

Outlawthing said:
</p><p>How the hell do you get pubes on a treadmill lol got me laughing burr </p><p>
Too many mofo's working out commando I guess. I swear the base of the procor elliptical looked like chewbacca just worked out.  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Ignatius

strong said:
</p><p>My gym is $13 a month and clean. sauna, steam room. I tear it up and a great mix of hard lifters. And the women are sick!!!!  from 17 to 60 years old. Ass everywhere I look...</p><p>
 </p><p>Nice, consider yourself lucky there bro. </p><p> </p><p> </p>

SwellMel

For many years I was a regular member of a small gym that was an ex-Gold's facility that was privately owned and named, it was totally run down and filthy, but for myself and many of the guys who enjoyed this gym, we were there just to push iron and a few (ok a lot) dust bunnies and filthy bathrooms and equipment didn't deter us.  But it did keep a lot of the women out of this gym as it was really disgusting. The gym eventually closed as the owner got very sick and then tried to sell at too high a price....and then kept dropping the price until it was too late and he folded this location.

I am now at a large chain Gym, with a very large facility, about 12-15,000 Square feet and they have a full-time crew who constantly clean Monday - Saturday, Sunday off, all of the bathrooms, equipment wiped down, spray bottles with towels etc....I really appreciate the difference now, I guess I just got complacent at the old gym.  I'll take clean any day over dirty.

B

Burrr

OK, just in case anyone was thinking that I'm some sort of gym snob I've got a good reason for wanting a clean gym. When I get a fungus, I get it bad. This is the ringworm that I raised from spore to    

adulthood, compliments of the lying[[{"fid":"28598","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"}}]][[{"fid":"28599","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"}}]]

leg curl machine.

ramdisck

ringworm is a bitch.  Deal with it all the time as a wrestling coach.  I have never seen anything as bad as that though.

B

Burrr

I got the worm right at the end of my first cycle, and had it for all of PCT. It took pharma antifungal pills to clear it up. lotrimin just spread it around. 

I got no lovin for a whole month!