It makes perfect sense....

SemperFi

Health insurance companies main objective is to collect premiums and limit payouts. If that is their goal doesn't it make perfect sense for them to begin to embrace testosterone replacement therapy and push for more research?

The evidence is becoming overwhelming of the health benefits of replacement therapy and as popularity grows their is going to be even more evidence available that will drive the industry in the direction of acceptance. TRT as a long term solution is cheap when compared to other forms of treatment and the evidence is making it apparent that other disease are drastically reduced having a greater population of males with balanced hormone levels.

Also it is a good idea from the medical practitioners perspective because they would have a life long patient requiring regular check ups, medication and blood work.

Any thoughts, insider insight, or relevant information concerning the future of TRT?

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

Interesting. I am no insider but I do know that most men can't afford testosterone from a pharmacy. I think it starts at like $300+ a month for a TRT dose.   But I am fascinated to see if anyone has true insider insight.

SemperFi

Typical TRT treatment facilities charge approx $200.00 per month which includes follow-ups, lab work, and all medication. The only exclusions might be OTC supplementation. My ND has me take 6.25mg of iodine and 5000iu of vitamin D and the cost is minimal.

In most cases there are extra out of pocket expenses for the initial setup because of the full male hormone lab work required but typically that is a one off expense.

If you are fortunate enough to already be covered by insurance the out of pocket should be limited to your plans deductible.

When I went seeking a ND I was looking for one that met my personal needs and also seconded as a primary care provider for my insurance carrier.

SEMPER FI

strong

Just like the title says.. It makes perfect sense. I keep trying to come up with reasons to not Look into TRT. Not sure why.  I found out years ago that marijuana helps level me out. For me, There's no such thing as stoned or high. Just level.  Now look at the marijuana movement.  There seems to be this Big Taboo on Testosterone..