IWB/OWB and which?

JdDaniel01

I, and I’m assuming pretty much all of us are IWB guys. I personally usually go with my miniman appendix setup. Always kydex. I’ve probably got a half dozen or more different ones. Anywhere from Alien gear, LAG Tactical, Tier 1 to a couple of local startups to throw a little business their way. I’m a Glock 19 guy if the outfit permits it, if not I go with my 26. What have y’all been going with lately?

Dolf

I appendix carry. My two weapons of choice are my Sig P238 with a leather Blackhawk holster, or my S&W Sheild .45 with a leather Tagua holster. The Tagua can be used iwb or owb. Since we have open carry I wear it both ways. I love sering the look on some peoples faces when they see a weapon on my hip in the grocery store. I've literally seen them stop in their tracks, turn around, and go a different route. Makes me laugh every time. 

bigjerseyd

G19 all day with the vickers battlesights.  Way quicker to get on the front sight post than stock sights.   I appendix carry with a stealth gear ventcore for edc or their OWB  ventcore if im in the woods.  

https://stealthgearusa.com/

JdDaniel01

I like those holsters! i may have to try one out. im done with parts for a while, I neEd more crap to waste my money on, lol

JdDaniel01

Those 238’s are sweet man, i got a flashy model for the old lady(women like flashy stuff) and it shoots NICE! Nickel, pearl grips. Not much my style, but the platform is legit. 

Dolf

I used my p238 for my conceal carry qualification. At 45 feet I put every round in a 6in diameter center mass. Great accuracy for such a short barrel. I also like how they come out the box and nothing is tight and moves easily. Even the mag is easy to load. All I need now is some naked lady grips...lol

Nice. I have a few things for concealed carry, I think my Kimber micro 380 would be the closest as far as looks to your p238 but it is so inaccurate. I also have that new browning 1911-380 and its crazy accurate but it has some weird quirks. I used to be big into glocks but (and I will get made fun of for this probably) I like having that manual safety. Military drilled it into my head with the ar and now I feel weird not having it even on pistols.

Dolf

I'm the same way brother!

Nice to see another vet (Bother in Arms) on here! What branch and what MOS?

Yeah I caught the back end of it. Was there in 09-10 in Basrah mainly. Hell by halfway through our deployment they were telling us 50 cal was inhumane and the ROE's were getting pretty dumb but luckily I had good NCO's so worst comes to worst its the old saying "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"..about a year or so after that my unit did artillery in Afghan but my contract was up a couple months after getting back from Iraq. I was ready to be out but I felt like shit for not going to Afghan with them, but at that time I don't think another tour would have sat very good with me though, especially from the sounds of how Afghan went for them at that time. How about you battle? What's your MOS?

Last edited:

Dolf

I was an 11B. I did nearly 2 years in 2nd Ranger Bat. Got a dui and got sent to a regular line unit as punishment. I was with the 1/503rd 2nd ID and 3/502 101st AB after that.

Right on. Yeah I got insanely lucky as far as DUI goes. One time was drinking with some ppl outside of a bar and when we left I thought I dropped my phone back in the parking lot, so being a dumbass I sped back there to look and jumped out and started looking around and I look up and a cop has his gun on me. Apparently I had been getting pulled over the whole time. He lowered his gun and told me he thought I was wasted but to just get in my car and go home. I guess he didn't want to write that report eh? lol Another time I wasted the cops time and when I finally blew I blew a .079. I was right down the road from 75th ranger Bat. I wish I would of taken my time getting into the army and retaken the Asvab, could have gotten into something that transferred more to the civilian sector, not a lot of demand for Artillery in cvi world haha but oh well, I had fun. Made some friends for life, you know how it is.

Dolf

I wasn't that lucky.

I have a buddy who went to the map making school and now makes big money in the real world. Oh well I don't regret anything though. I don't do too bad myself. I'll never be rich but at least I live comfortably. Family is more important to me than money anyways.