JARHEAD2 has been banned for 1 month (and his karma decreased)

admin

Staff member

a member is upvoting every review of a source and contacts the users to vote for this source, is it ok?

admin

Staff member
  • It is forbidden to act as a REPS for sources. That person will be severely penalized in case we found something odd and strange.
  • 'Karma whoring' will be strictly punished!

admin

Staff member

Burrr said:
</p><p>I would see the problem if jarhead had managed to give him 5 karma points and then told him to vote, but that's not what happened here. </p><p>
<br /><br />This is the exact situation happened here, jarhead and other members are increasing the karma of an user and after he is contacting the user to vote for a source!!! Why he is doing this only to APL' reviews?!?!<br />He is acting like a rep only for APL!!!<br />We have thousands of great reviews and only APL's reviews are up-voted by jarhead and others (it seem there is group here).</p>

strong

If it " Seems" like a group than you should do some research. You would find out that it might have been a small mistake... I'm a nosy guy.. I know whats going on around me at all times. No one needs to help APL. He is top notch. Take a look at another source that has been blasting posts with slight knowledge. You know what I mean. I hope I can still post my opinions on this forum..

strong

No Sir, I'm not kidding, and that was not a clear explanation. You know about the international source that was in many members pm section last week. He was already banned for this. Comes right back and does the same thing.  Hey Man, I'm just looking out for MG. Always have been. So many international sources offer free gear for rep or votes. I will send them right over to you and friends of mine have the same emails. Its just wrong.  That's all man.. Proud to be a member with all the great members. Thank you for letting Jarhead back in. I'm done with this topic.

getswole2127

MG admin is getting out of hand. Here we go again Strong. Same shot that happened to a good source of ours, you know who i am talking about. This is some shady stuff. People getting band over pathetic things. I get an email from admin sayingto show prof of payment. 

B

Burrr

That is far from behaving like a rep, that does not even reach fanboy status. 

Guys have certain source discussion pages that they hang out in, and often read the reviews for the sources they follow. 

Not long ago one of our mods encouraged us to be more liberal with Karma and to freely hand it out for good posts, pics and reviews. The majority of your active members are buying from a few domestic sources and are very active on those source's pages. We've even had mods step in and remind us that we should post these comments in the general forum when it is appropriate. It's the direct results of good sales practice that these sources have a more active discussion page and more thumbs up on reviews. 

You have had sources come here, offer great promos and become active in discussions. The result is a following of members that check those source pages daily. If international sources feel like they are losing their edge then it is on them to step up their game. I see one international source doing just that, big promo and active on the boards. If he wants a following of active members, let him earn it. 

strong

Its their house. We're just visitors. I have to be honest cause that's what I do.. I really don't give a shit..  we're here for each other to help each other in many different ways. Its a business and I know all to well that being in charge of a business is tough and making decisions is tough.  Lets focus on the positive and let the nonsense go. We benefit greatly from being here so I'm thankful...

B

Burrr

I bet this is what it feels like to be a Hillary Clinton supporter. 

SemperFi

In the finest cases- yes. It cases of obvious abuse- no.

The issue that I am asking to be addressed has nothing to do what the members are doing. What I am attempting to bring to your attention is that the WRITTEN rule(s) allow for this to happen. In my opinion, if you want to improve the experience on MG you need to take the first step and modify the rules so that members know what to expect.

You have expectations of members but the rules do not make those expectations clear so now you are experiencing the resentment that comes from unrealistic expectations.... holy shit that was awesome! ;)

If a liberal "Karma" policy is not the direction you want for your business then modify the procedure so that it can't happen or is limited on the basis of the rules.

SEMPER FI

Kielbasa_Posse

I 100% disagree!! I'm glad they have this place in check !  Believe me they may not know what I know...... But glad it's happening!! Do the crime pay the time. Lucky they both did get the boot Forever!! 

Kielbasa_Posse

If they can provide Jarhead with the proof than there shouldn't be an issu. Putting him on a 1 month ban I don't agree with, take his karma that he upvoted ban him for a week move on. As far as the source goes same should apply But with steeper punishment. 

swolesam

+1 SF. Clarity is key! Its important in communication, in SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and in any regulation where you set HARD EXPECTATIONS, and expect people to follow. If it isnt clear, it leaves room for personal interpretation, and hey we are all different, so everybody interprets things their own way, ........ and trouble!!

milkin

OK time to clear this shit storm up. Guys/gals we just don't ban members for the fuck of it, especially active contributing members. The whole karma and voting is grossly abused elsewhere. We are trying to keep a handle on this so we do not evolve into your standard back scratching site. There are events that occur here that raise an eyebrow to many but rest assured the admin and the regiume below gains absolutely nothing the actions taken against those who are reprimanded. It's amazing how the very creative accusations surface when something like this occurs.  Will this change ? The answer is yes since we are constantly trying to improve the screening process. Let's remember that this is for safety of the community and with every reprimand, unless labled a scammer, there is an opportunity to return. We don't play hardball like that here however one must mistake nice for stupid. There are several sly members who work several sites trying to build a sources reputation before the bomb drops. Remember big Joe, ugl, syntheticGenes.LT, and a host of others that took members hard earned money ? You have no idea who you are talking to on the other end of your keyboard so keeping that left glove up will help prevent the right book for ringing your Bell. 

As always we continue to answer all question in a open forum format instead of gagging those vocal members via a ban but let's maintain a level of respect since you will receive what you give. 

B

Burrr

milkin, thanks for speaking up.  We hate to see our contributing members being banned and the image of MG being tarnished. As members here we really dont know what goes on behind the scenes and can draw conclusions based on what seems apparent. 

We have become accustomed to seeing guys doing what the can to help their favorite source, not quite full blown fan boy stuff but definitely rooting for their team. I guess it all comes down to where you draw the line, for me an example was when Bigmurph reviewed GBI and had not even used the products himself. Fake review, and any other fake shit crosses the line.

In this case of Jarhead, many of us did not see that line. Do you feel it is ban worthy for a member to thumbs up all the reviews for their favorite source? I've kinda come to expect that behaviour, and only get pissed when members down vote legit negative reviews.

Do you feel it is ban worthy for a member to remind a newbie to vote after reviewing? 

How do you define Karma whoring? 

Dolf

Burrr...nobody should have any fears of being banned for asking questions or having a difference of opinion. As long as we all act like grownups and keep it respectful. We don't want a site full of sheep. We welcome healthy debate, but it has to stay respectful and not turn childish once someone gets their feelings hurt.

milkin

Karma whoring is when members rally a source or another member buy a warning karma points for just about every comment or posted submitted. Sources can also whore votes to gain more business. Honestly, we have a pretty tight grip on this compared to other joints. 

Dolf

Also burrr take your heart and the fact you know jarhead out of the equation. If you came in and seen where someone had up voted every single review on a sources page and had encourged some through pm to source star vote what are you gonna think? 1 he's a fanboy and getting free gear for up voting and encouraging through pm to star vote or 2 that he's acting a source rep. As a review site vet you've seen the stuff that goes on at other sites as far as this type behavior. Just keep in mind that admin looks at this with a completely unbiased heart. Wrong is wrong. Right is right. Whereas you or myself might have some bias since we know jar so well.

B

Burrr

Dolf, I think I've gotten used to fan boys that take things to a whole new level. Giving thumbs up on reviews, and reminding to vote seems pretty tame compared to what real fan boys are capable of. 

I've seen fanboys offer to let their favorite source fuck their wife. 

have a laugh .... https://www.eroids.com/og/who-is-the-biggest-douche-bag-on-this-site/greatest-fanboy-quotes-of-all-time