JARHEAD2 has been banned for 1 month (and his karma decreased)

admin

Staff member

JARHEAD2 has been banned for 1 month (and his karma decreased), because he gave +1 karma to Jpeace31's review on APL's review page (and also for all the reviews), and after that he contacted by pm Jpeace31 to vote for APL. It is contrary our rules.

Update:
It seems, all the APL's reviewers were upvoted by some members.

An investigation will be started on APL this week.

B

Burrr

What is the policy on up voting reviews? Is it frowned upon? I'm sure I've given some thumbs up for well written reviews.

If a reviewer forgets to cast a vote, is it against our rules to remind them to vote? 

admin

Staff member

well it seems that all the APL' reviews are well written :), and all of them are up-voted by the same users.

strong

A lot of guys PM me and ask how to write a review. If you're not allowed to thumbs up a review, why is there a thumbs up/down option there.?  There is know way Jarhead would do something to favor anyone. He would only do what is proper. If you have a well written review you get Banned?? I would love to have a clear explanation on this. 

The reviews are well written, so that raises eyebrows? Maybe the smartest guys find the best sources.. If you are well spoken and well written you're smart.  Smart people would naturally find the best source.  This one is really confusing...

strong

Well this just sucks. Jarhead is a great honest man who reports when people are not being honest. He is a great man....... This has to be wrong..  Upvoted??? What does that mean. Man, This really shows me something..

Outlawthing

Shit is about to go down !!!! if you guys think Jarhead did something shady that's crazy admin you realize he is a preacher right man of God.  Please explain what is protocol for up or down voting reveiws  so we are clear before this gets blown outta proportion  I have down voted fake reviews before   I know admin has a job to do but it seems  fishy that you guys are hammering domestic sources that climb the ladder   I have never been solicited  a domestic source  however I got a very upsetting pm last week and turned it over to a mod  the first time it has ever happened to by the way  !!!

B

Burrr

I cant see that he did anything wrong either... We've been encouraged to be liberal with karma, and Jarhead gave one point. 

I would see the problem if jarhead had managed to give him 5 karma points and then told him to vote, but that's not what happened here. 

This situation is disappointing. I hope after further review admin will lift this ban.

M

Mister A

Should those of us who excelled in English all be concered about potential bans due to well written reviews? Are well written cycle logs and forum posts receiving the same type of scrutiny?

It's incredibly obvious what this site is doing at this point. And we're all supposed to sit here and pretend like it's not happening. The sad part is using a guy like Jarhead as a scapegoat to achieve your goal. You couldn't have waited for me to write my review and banned me? You had to ban LITERALLY THE KINDEST, MOST HONEST, MOST HUMBLE GUY ON THE SITE. Awesome work. I get you guys wanna make a decent buck, but to do it at the expense of someone like Jarhead is deplorable.

B

Burrr

Admin, I bet a lot of your members here would like to ask you questions but do not out of fear for being banned. Would you consider an amnesty page, where members can ask you anything?

strong

I got the same pm Outlaw. I tried to handle it though because he was an international source. Come on guys. Its not like we all don't know whats going on around here. We don't come on every day for the sources. We could simply just lurk and get our gear. We are here cause were all good friends. I am here cause of guys and Gals like you Outlaw.  Never once did I get any solicitation from a Dom source..

comquick

That sucks that jar head was banned. I'm new and don't know all the politics, but in my opinion jar head has been a great person to go to as a newbie for advice along with a lot of other people on here as well. If it wasn't for people like jar head I would have taken my first cycle as soon as it came in the mail. BUT I DIDN'T , because all you guys asked me to get more educated first for safety reasons. And I did just that. THANK YOU JAR HEAD and others as well. Hope you get to come back soon

SemperFi

I believe that ADMIN should take some time and review their own rules and if the WRITTEN rule does not comply with their style of enforcement than change the written rule so members know what to expect. Nothing is more frustrating to a member than not knowing what to expect and what is deemed as acceptable.

Help us help you ADMIN- revise your rules so that they are inline with your unseen enforcement policies.

Rule 8.3.2 states - Vote any content that you have found useful, helpful and reward that author with the ‘thumbs up’ button.

SEMPER FI