Just seeing where i stand ?

cloutz88

Ok I'm 42 years old, weigh 250 lbs, I'm 5'9
I used for about 15 years off and on, nothing to extreme, never taken more then 2 things at the same time, pretty much just test E. I was wondering for all the 40 year olds out there, what's there bench for sets or max, shoulder press, I just want to see if I'm in the middle of the pack or I need to work harder.
Bench max 460 for 1
Reps 315 for 8 to 12
Shoulder press was 315 for 1
Resp 250 for 6 to 8
Dead lifts for 315 for 5

Gainz.

Anything over a 400lb bench is gonna put you at the high end. Probably in the top 2% of all humans...
Considering 80% of people can't do 10 pushups or 1 pullup... you're definitely leading the pack.

bobby ricky

I used for about 15 years off and on, nothing to extreme, never taken more then 2 things at the same time, pretty much just test E. I was wondering for all the 40 year olds out there, what's there bench for sets or max, shoulder press, I just want to see if I'm in the middle of the pack or I need to work harder.
Bench max 460 for 1
Reps 315 for 8 to 12
Resp 250 for 6 to 8
Dead lifts for 315 for 5
I’m 52 and u smoke my ass😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍

bobby ricky

Bench max 460 for 1
Reps 315 for 8 to 12
Resp 250 for 6 to 8
Dead lifts for 315 for 5
U wear the crown 👸 you happy now 😂 I was excited about going to the gym today 😞

Gainz.

Keep pushing boys, I have a bad shoulder injury right now but it's coming along. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Always try to beat your weight the previous week by 5 lbs

I train as a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter.
I have absolutely no interest in lifting heavy weights anymore. I hit a 300lb bench at 175lb bodyweight. Caused nothing but issues and injuries.
Not I barely go over 200lb.
I'll add more reps, add more sets, or just change to a position where I'm not as strong.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I think everyone should do what makes them the most happy!
But for the way I want to look... volume, volume and more volume!

Aussie

I take steroids and don’t lift weights 🤣🤣🤣
Why lift weights when you can have a body like mine because of genetics and all I have to do now is take steroids and I keep my awesome body 🤣🤣🤣

suppsforlife

Keep pushing boys, I have a bad shoulder injury right now but it's coming along. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Always try to beat your weight the previous week by 5 lbs
there's a certain point when it's impossible to beat your weight the previous week by 5 lbs.
I hit a 300lb bench at 175lb bodyweight.
and yet, I remember someone told you that's weak. lol.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I think everyone should do what makes them the most happy!
exactly. everyone's training for completely different purposes. there are guys in my gym saying they don't look for anything else except for staying healthy. many actually hate the gym. they say that if it wouldn't be for health purposes, they would forget the gym directions the next day. :D

bobby ricky

Bench max 460 for 1
Reps 315 for 8 to 12
Resp 250 for 6 to 8
Dead lifts for 315 for 5
Are you ripped or 30% bodyfat?

Gainz.

and yet, I remember someone told you that's weak. lol.

Hahaha... yup. In the world of powerlifting its pretty weak. But in the world... top 10% of all humans.
I should also say its wasn't bullshit powerlifting style bench. Where spotters bring the bar to you, you bring your chest to the bar. Then move the bar 2" and claim a new pr.
It was full range, pause on chest real benching!
That said anyone see Julius bench 796lb in practice? He just threw it up... last time I seen 800lbs move that fast it was on wheels and had a motor!

Aussie

I love watching the videos of benchpress when the pec muscle goes pop

Never understood why people ego lift

Gainz.

I love watching the videos of benchpress when the pec muscle goes pop

Never understood why people ego lift

Social media... same thing with these fuck muppets who put slingshots on and hang bands from the ceiling... then put 600lbs on the bar. I think they think they look cool. When in fact they couldn't look like a bigger douche.
When you have 300lbs of slingshots on your chest, and 600lbs of band strength bringing the bar back up... what's the point? This band assisted benching and extreme arch benching really need to stop

Gainz.

I'm sorry... but if this isn't a bunch of monkeys fucking a football...
Why are they so excited?
Because a group of guys and several hundred pounds worth of bands helped him?
I truly don't fucking get it.
If put 2,000lbs on a bar and put that bar on a forklift... then get under the forklift and have someone raise the trucks while my hands are on the bar... can I get everyone to jump up and cheer for me?
I mean... it's a assisted bench just like his...

Idk... maybe I'm missing something... maybe I'm just too critical. But I would be embarrassed to post that video!

Yoo... check out 8 of my friends, $200 worth of bands and myself benching 1,200lbs.. aren't I cool?
Didn't I do a cool thing? Are you proud of me? Does this make up for my micro penis?

Aussie

I'm sorry... but if this isn't a bunch of monkeys fucking a football...
Why are they so excited?
Because a group of guys and several hundred pounds worth of bands helped him?
I truly don't fucking get it.
If put 2,000lbs on a bar and put that bar on a forklift... then get under the forklift and have someone raise the trucks while my hands are on the bar... can I get everyone to jump up and cheer for me?
I mean... it's a assisted bench just like his...

Idk... maybe I'm missing something... maybe I'm just too critical. But I would be embarrassed to post that video!

Yoo... check out 8 of my friends, $200 worth of bands and myself benching 1,200lbs.. aren't I cool?
Didn't I do a cool thing? Are you proud of me? Does this make up for my micro penis?
That lift is stupid. Who actually lifted it is what I want to know

Gainz.

That lift is stupid. Who actually lifted it is what I want to know

Its beyond stupid... and I've seen so much worse. I watched 1 where the guy had to have 30 bands hanging from the squat rack... but also wearing a slingshot... and had chains on the bar...it was the dumbest fucking thing. Hopefully I can find the video again