Knowing when. to step back, regroup, and heal

milkin

Broscience will tell you to push through that injury and be a man but we all know that's bullshit. Pushing through will only increase your down time once your brain starts working and you figure it out. But how about just taking time off to give tour body a break. Training is hard work especially if you are trying to grow. Weather it's hitting one body part a day or a rigorous 4 day a week HITT your body takes a beating. Spending a few weeks totallybout of the gym is a good thing trust me you won't whither away in that time.

Comments, complaints, remarks ?

Dolf

I've learned that lesson the hard way. Some injuries are like herpes...it's the gift that keeps on giving. 

calmb4dastorm

I've not listened to my body telling me it needed rest... sleep..more food etc. But time came to pay the Piper, I was fortunate that his feet wasn't too steep. I took much need time off, a month...for mind cleansing rest, much needed sleep and ye well spent with my children. Things things together helped my foot get back to where it needed to be

JARHEAD2

I agree, but it's easier said than done for me! I am learning & gaining that wisdom as I get older & I know I need to apply it. I was talking with a friend yesterday who has been clean from opioids for a few years & he started working out to get healthy & help his mind. He was a bean pole all his life, but was starting to really pack on muscle. I asked him how the gym was going & he said not so good because he tore his rotator cuff. He kept getting that pain, but kept going heavy thinking it would work out. Now he wishes he would have did things differently. It was a reminder to me!

J

Jeromes

some of the most brutal labor building shit, and land lifting heavy on top of it is very taxing.Its

funny the thing I love most about a cycle is

it helps me recover and not fall into that overtraining zone.But what I do for a living my body im sure has adapted to it.But still the human body can only take so much, I agree with a week off but I feel anymore and you will start to decline in strength and

progress