Languages

kitten

hi fellas. since i am active in english spoken forums i realize how hard it is for me to explain something quickly. i was wondering if there are more people with language barriers. i can understand 90% quickly but sometimes it takes long for me to find the right words :)

what about making something like language areas

for example german spoken. austrian, swiss and germans could use that area. 3 countries more. it could get more global up here. if it is working... you could extend with spanish and frensh and so on.

just a quick idea from someone with bad english skills :)

SemperFi

lol... English is my primary language and I have trouble 90% of the time understanding what is being said..... reading comprehension attention disorder. ;)

I can say “no money“ in a half dozen languages and understand “buy me drinkie“ in the same half dozen. Beyond that I am a language basket case.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

That would be a great idea since English is the main language used here. I speak a little Spanish, and it gets better if I use it for a little while. I speak a little Norwegian too. However, for the moderators, it would a real task to keep track of all the different languages to keep the boards clean.

S

supps

I speak a few languages, But mostly English, I sure do know a lot of dirty words in 10 languages! 

kitten

yes it is difficult... it was just an idea without thinking about details, yet. i am sure there could be mods for that areas who speak english and the optional language. i had this idea because i know these really big german spoken community in austria, switzerland and germany. many of them dont post here. they just use the sources and thats it.  but i agree... hard to implement.

blastthru23

Ive used google translate at times. It works pretty good. German language is a few steps too far away from Norsk to really understand it, at least at the level I'm at. 

At any rate you're doing quite well with the English

siegmund

good idea. with the new website coming , maybe ,.we can set up a auto mated system to convert to english. 

exaple is write your post and then the a button.  , to hit that sayz translate.  

kitten

that sounds very good siegmund

sometimes there are some wrongs in the translation but if you can edit before publishing... it would be great. just do little manual correction and sent! i wouldnt use it for short text. but i write a lot sometimes;) in that case surely very usefull option