Let's get some involvement

MU2

I feel like no matter what forum I select, I see the SAME people participating in every one them. The point of being apart of this community is to expand your knowledge and participate in daily forums. I love waking up to new questions or updated topics to read. However, it seems not everyone here is willing to get involved. There are NO dumb questions, only unanswered ones. I see a lot of harsh critisisim coming from some of the members as well. As I know sometimes " tough love " is required, I feel these harsh comments are pushing some of the newer members away. We are a COMMUNITY, full of knowledge. If someone approaches you with a question, or publicly posts in a forum, give them answers! You have to have the mind set to help everybody if possible, despite how " stupid " you think the question may be. I'll be the first to admit I've asked THE dumbest questions starting into this new world. But everyone starts somewhere. The point of this post is to hopefully open the minds to some of the less active members, I want to see new faces, new questions and new answers.

Standingup

You are 100 % right. Ive always said those "newbs" people like to beat down are the ones that keep a forum going. Everyone of us was foolish at some pointy and no one knew it all or now knows it all. Besides I have seen plenty of times where a seemingly dumb initial question evolves in to something really worth while. It all goes in the data base .

MU2

Exactly, some guys feel that they have the right to bullie or mock noobs, just because they have a little more knowledge than them. You were once there too.

D

dolfanshan

I agree, but there is a difference between flaming and tough love. Some people come on her wanting to be spoon fed, and put no effort on their part forward. MG is one of the more civil sites you'll find. I always make it a point to treat a newbie fair and be helpful.

D

Dont_trip

Getting tired of how dead this place is...It is really becoming demoralizing I want to know how many members are online at one time seriously...Will this place ever take off???I need some kind of motivation a light at the end of the tunnel....all this drama going on is whack....I dont even see how the MGC can even go on how many members are gonna actually show up to play 5-6???maybe.... sorry guys just ranting....we stand apart here but lately we have just been blending into the darkness of other sites...

milkin

Bro, this is something that truly amazes me as well. Our membership is quite large yet member interaction has been in the dirt for quite sometime. We have constantly reminded members that this site is for them and we want it to be built by them. With that being said, we have always asked for site suggestions and ideas on how to improve the site. Perhaps members like dictatorship where they are told what they can and cannot say or when and where they can shit, IDK. I strongly feel that members are missing the importance of having multiple review sites for their research. This eliminates the whole monopoly thing. Why would one want to be hypnotized or led to believe reviews from just one site? Having multiple review sites is golden. No, we are not in competition with any other review site, we are simply tryingt to create a comfortable atmosphere were members feel at home, can get honest reviews, and voice their opinion. Its beyond me why others elect not to help our community group via participation. We will continue to push for we know that eventually members will realize our intentions as well as our goals. https://musclegurus.to/forum/members-stuff/suggestions-and-ideas

Outlawthing

I look at other sites and they do have more people involved but it seemed like it is a bunch of people criticizing others for there questions and comments then all of a sudden the post turns in to a ball bashing competition. Here people are closer and more genuine. May not have as much participation but I'll take quality over quantity any day

D

dolfanshan

Well this is my home. I look and mildly participate at other sites, but this is home. IDK maybe one site attracts 20 somethings with mean girl attitudes with the flamboyant flaming that goes on. Another is the original/grandfather of them all with a religious following. Another pushes his own company, makes youtube videos, and touts himself as a personal trainer to the stars. A newbie can come here and ask a basic question about running test. He's rightfully told to do a little research and come back because he's clearly not ready. I saw a guy on another site ask my syringe is 3cc. How many ml is that, and my test is 250mg a ml how much should I use. 20 people chimed in telling him the answer, and only one person asked what about pct. Why are we telling this guy these things when its basic knowledge you should research yourself. That person was ignored and/or ridiculed. So maybe MG doesn't appear as welcoming because guys and gals here are not going to comprimise someone's heath and well being for participation. People come here and they don't get told what they wanna hear, so they go where they will get told what they wanna hear. I saw a guy post a cycle like this. Week 1-2 dbol 40mg, week 1- 8 test e 500mg, week 9-17 tren e 600mg, week 12-17 test prop 50mg eod, week 16-17 var 40mg ed. He was told that's an excellent cycle. I told him the truth. It looked like crap. I think we need to look at it from a business perspective. What changes can we make to the site to make it look more attractive?

MU2

I fee that more people are aimed toward being the one with all the answers rather than making sure someone's safe, via your pct comment, you're correct. A site with sensitive questions like this should feel safe. Not " oh I don't want to look stupid ". There are no stupid questions. If you're asking, then you don't know, and that's why we're here. I participate in other forums too but you're right, I feel more comfortable here. Postive influence and wisdom are what's going to bring this site into the future. I don't feel the question is " what can we do to improve the site" I feel as if it's " what can we do to improve the people " because that's where the problem lays. I think positive re encouragement is the right path to improve participation. Give them links to good information, really tell them what they're doing in incorrect and help them to be better. Because I promise you, when someone jacks themselves up because you decided to bash them, you're going to feel responsible. If people feel welcome and are more comfortable with the responses they get, they will come and participate more.

D

dolfanshan

I don't see any bashing or flaming on MG. Go check out hemroids or meso if you wanna see what flaming looks like.

D

Dont_trip

This site has been around for what 1-2 years?And only 6-8 active members(Good one's at that)....I really do not know what it could be...I think we should get rid of the Promo Section 4 real and start kicking off accounts that are Inactive or with hardly any participation.....Let's clean house get rid of the worthless gear whores 1st....We need 2 be set apart there is a big similarity between us and eroids Like the EBC and MGC etc etc why would someone join us a generic cola when they can have Pepsi I say this with all due respect I love this place but we need 2 stand apart not just in membership but on how we do things and presentation of the site otherwise we just look like were riding coat tails/and jocking styles over here.......it's true....Gear whores=Dont do anything for this community but a source say's hey anybody want gear and they come running with their lipstick on.......also we should have a little bar at the bottom telling us how many members are online in total it would probably make me sick.....If nothing changes here MG will disappear and I do NOT want that and I am sure some of you feel the same so lets kick around some ideas No members=No MG

milkin

Good points D_T. No bro we are not riding the coat tails of E even though there are similarities with the web design and yes E is by far the front runner in review sites. However, we are not in competition for anything with E and as a matter of fact, are intentions run parallel. MG was launched for different reasons and we will stick to our guns and uphold our vow creating an honest review site where members can be themselves. You hit the nail square on the head with your "Gear-Whore" statements and we will not let sources bribe members with votes for gear. It's just not right. Coming from E and every other review site, I have seen good members come and go. Watching good informative members get banned for petty crap is a shame. That is why we are here. As for MGC, members had requested this and we thought it would be a good opportunity to bring the community together. Your suggestions are good D_T and will be taken into consideration.

Standingup

This kind of thing really takes a long long time just going by the standard formula we have here. Believe me I was part of this once before on another site and the growth was so slow everyone gave up. I believe it can be done, but temporary measures need to be taken.

D

dolfanshan

Couldn't agree more about the promo section. Its a shame because it is a good idea with good intentions, but some abuse it. Some fly by night members will only be seen on here when a source is offering up free gear. They get it and disappear into the shadows until the next freebie. Maybe it should be set up that newbies can't even access or see the promo or source section until they have made 100 post, and if they go inactive their post count is reset to 0.

D

dolfanshan

I agree standing. It takes time and i have patience. I'll take quality new members like over40 and mu2 any day over gear whores with like d_t said their pretty red lipstick on.

D

dolfanshan

And when I said look at it from a business standpoint d_t hit the nail on the head. What will make MG innovative and stand out. What will make a newb come here and say I wanna be a part of this. Are we not welcoming enough? Do we come off as assholes? IDK?

D

Dont_trip

1.Get rid off the Promo Section (Or dshans Good idea 100 post to see the promo section) 2.Get rid inactive members and gear whores we know who they are 3.A bar showing how many members total we have and how many are online at the present time 4.Create a "Table" so to speak of mods admins and trusted members To vote on specific Idea's or what not .....these are just off the top of my head we need more ideas....and here is my last rant When X came and did his promo(Raffle) Only 1 solid member got in on it....the rest were just gear whores who got free anavar etc and then disappeared to all those guys I truly say this Sucka Dick....I was happy Dshan got it tho LOL

milkin

You all have really great ideas here, keep them coming. The whole "Gear Whore" topic is why we have implemented our rule of no voting on free gear. This not only makes participating members puppets, but corrupts our ranking system. Look elsewhere and you will see how this is implemented. Give something away for free, and people will come. It's a fact. We want quality votes given by an honest membership. We do not want to fill out forums with bullshit and rants from members who cant handle their juice. Now I say that gingerly because we all have bad days but if you come out swinging on just about every post, then you need to rethink your decision to juice because in real life, you are going to end up getting yolked by someone who is tired of your bullshit. The writing is on the wall as to what members are team players here and your perseverance with making MG grow does not go unnoticed. We are working to improve the site and issues like the paragraphing is in the works.