Let's Talk Diets!

Maniac1130

We all know how important our food intake is to achieve our goals in the fitness world. But let's be honest for a second: this is one of the toughest aspects of the game. Whether you're trying to increase your size/weight or decrease it, you know how tough it can be. It's time consuming. It takes considerable amounts of thought and focus to get your shit on point. I know for the past 6 weeks (by stepping on a scale each week) that I have been fooling myself about how "on point" my diet has been. I'm not saying your like me but I would like to hear what your diets consist of each day.

1-What does your day look like in terms of food?
2-How many calories do you allow yourself each day?
3-Goes without say at this point but what are your goals?
4-What's your go-to meal that you enjoy the most that you know is highly nutritional and a staple in your food regiment?
5-My goal is weight loss. My BMR is roughly 2200 calories per day. If I want to maintain an even 1500 calories per day, what do you suggest I eat (show me a daily sample for each meal and what the calories would be).
6-This is my edit. For shits and gigs, let's say you're about to go grocery shopping. From the time you enter the mind-numbing world of idiots until the time you check out, what's going in your cart.
7-Also the second part of my edit. When do you prepare meals? Do you prepare meals? What meats last all week that you only have too cook one day? Let's generate some ideas here (please, I am lazy as hell and hate cooking ((thankfully my wife is a BEAST in the kitchen)) but damn I am one lucky dude).
8-Last edit, I swear. How do you make sure you keep your calories in check? I've heard of a fitness app called 'myfitnesspal' (thanks @Welderman) but curious what you guys do to ensure you're in-taking the correct amount of calories.
Afterthoughts: I'm full of shit (usually in the mornings before I take one) and fooling myself and want to get back on track to achieving my ultimate goal: weigh 160lbs.

Anything else you guys care to add or want to say, feel free. Let's Talk Diets! fellas!

Last edited:

Welderman

Chicken breast, hot sauce, frozen broccoli, spinach, eye of round steak, lots of eggs, tuna. Substitute pork tenderloin for chicken sometimes. Tea with stevia sweetener. And a bunch of ROIDS. 😂 2200 cal a day. 60 % protein

Maniac1130

Chicken breast, hot sauce, frozen broccoli, spinach, eye of round steak, lots of eggs, tuna. Substitute pork tenderloin for chicken sometimes. Tea with stevia sweetener. And a bunch of ROIDS. 😂 2200 cal a day. 60 % protein
Wow frozen broccoli what does that taste like ?:ROFLMAO:

You don't eat any fish @Welderman?

Welderman

Every now and then. Cod, halibut, but not regularly enough to list. I keep carbs low actually to the point where I am in ketosis off and on. Not recommended it but seems to work best for me. Rice, noodles, potatoes just pack weight on me.

Maniac1130

Every now and then. Cod, halibut, but not regularly enough to list. I keep carbs low actually to the point where I am in ketosis off and on. Not recommended it but seems to work best for me. Rice, noodles, potatoes just pack weight on me.
I think I am like you in that aspect where rice doesn't help me lose weight but gain it. Sugar makes me bloated.

Maniac1130

For me, I have had my best results with just about everything you listed. My biggest problem is that I get sick of chicken really quickly. So I need to figure out a substitute. Are you sick of chicken yet?

Welderman

Not to bad. I use lemon pepper, cajun seasoning, fajita seasoning. Just try to mix it up. I could live on tuna and spinach omelettes. Never had a sweet tooth

Welderman

Something else I like about this calorie counting. I still pack 275-300 grams of protein. If you're honest with it you don't have a lot of room for high calorie fats and carbs, especially if you're doing a deficit

Maniac1130

Good! I am at 1500 now. Ate salmon and a little bit of brown rice for both lunch and dinner going to switch to tuna steak today. I start training to be a supervisor on Monday so my days will be much longer than before. Meal prep will be the key to my long-term success at this point.

Welderman

Yeah when I was really serious into keto diet I always had to have something precooked or something quick that fit the diet. If you don't it's very difficult to hang with it. Good job on your promotion at work.

Maniac1130

Yeah man your chest is gigantic! I wouldn't be surprised if you maintain that size or maybe an XL when you cut.

Welderman

I know you're a big numbers guy. Lb of fat =3500 calories. Over 7 days I had deficit of 4100 calories not counting cardio and weight training. I have a feeling your going to look like a million bucks way before you hit 165. Remember scale is great but that mirror is mightier.