Liquid multivitamin

MickMick

Has anyone ever used liquid multivitamin? I've been using one for the last 3 months. I love it I mix it into my daily breakfast shake. Just wondering if anyone ever used one and if liquid is more potent. 

SemperFi

The Physician’s Desk Reference states that 85 percent to 90 percent of nutrients in liquid supplements are absorbed in 22 seconds to 30 seconds. Liquids are more suitable for combining many different nutrients into one complete product — making it easier for your body to obtain the nutrients it needs. On the other side liquids contain many synthetic nutrients that do not occur in food naturally. This can also be said about many pill form supplements as well. Liquid supplements will have a much shorter shelf life than their pill counterparts.

Many pill supplements contain 'excipients'. Excipients is a coating that delays the breakdown of the supplement until it reaches the upper intestine where it can do the most good. Many pills are 'mega dosed' due to the poor absorption rate which can lead to liver/kidney strain. It has been demonstrated that only 10 percent to 20 percent of the nutrients in pills actually are absorbed.

As with anything a large variation of quality exists (liquid or pill) and it is important that you obtain the highest quality supplement that you can get your hands on or you might be simply throwing your money away.

SEMPER FI

MickMick

Thanks SemperFi absorbed faster makes sense. I got a few huge bottles of liquid multivitamin from the hospital my wife works. 

Little K

I haven't used a liquid multivitamin but I do use a powder formula that I do feel absorbs better. I used to mix my morning scoop with about 4 ounces of water in the morning but now I just dump the scoop of powder in my mouth and swish around a few sips of water. Somewhere along the line, I started looking to simplify things lol.