Looking for an online coach

Unicycler

Looking for a coach / training program
I workout 6 days a week currently and I’m not making any gains. Looking for a program that is achievable using only DBs and barbell, if anyone has any recommendations it would be highly appreciated

bobby ricky

Tell us more about yourself?
Weight height age
Done or os aas
How many days u workout
And how long
How many years training
Goals

Unicycler

21 5’11 165
500mg test
6 days a week 2 hours each day
4 years training
Goals to put on mass while keeping fat to a minimum

D

Deleted member 45086

Looking for a coach / training program
I workout 6 days a week currently and I’m not making any gains. Looking for a program that is achievable using only DBs and barbell, if anyone has any recommendations it would be highly appreciated
Do you not have access to a gym? I mean you can lift at home but it really puts limits on you.

Unicycler

Do you not have access to a gym? I mean you can lift at home but it really puts limits on you.
Monday:
Chest db press flat 4xMAX
Chest db incline 4xMAX
chest db slight incline 4xMAX
Chest decline 4x12
Sometimes I throw barbell bench press on top of that
Then hit tris with overhead movements, laying extensions, dips

Tuesday: back, bis,
T-bar row 2x12 2xmax
Deadlift 4 reps low weight 4 medium 1-2 max weight
Db row variations, wide grip pull up, lat pull over, farmers walks 200+ lbs
May be missing a little it varies
, curl heavy shit in variations

Wednesday legs shoulders
Military press 4xMAX decrease weight 25, decrease
rear delt flies
Lat raises
Front raises
6x6s
Hex bar shrugs 2 plates
Bulgarian split squats, standing calve raises, BB squats, lunges.
Rest & repeat

D

Deleted member 45086

Well you are young for roids but you are already on them so.
1. Make sure you are splitting your test injections to 250 mg on Monday and Thursday. Gotta keep stable levels to grow optimally.
2. You need to keep up with your diet to know for sure you're getting what you need. At least till you have a real good idea of daily intake. Shoot for around 220-250 grams protein daily. You need to know your required calories for your age, ht, wt, and increase total calories by 300-500 daily.
3. Your workout isn't bad. I have a good idea it's your diet.
4. You can download MyFitnessPal on your phone and it will give you your BMR or maintenance calories and adjust your calories by that number.
5. I'm sure others will chime in but that will get you started.

Unicycler

Well you are young for roids but you are already on them so.
1. Make sure you are splitting your test injections to 250 mg on Monday and Thursday. Gotta keep stable levels to grow optimally.
2. You need to keep up with your diet to know for sure you're getting what you need. At least till you have a real good idea of daily intake. Shoot for around 220-250 grams protein daily. You need to know your required calories for your age, ht, wt, and increase total calories by 300-500 daily.
3. Your workout isn't bad. I have a good idea it's your diet.
4. You can download MyFitnessPal on your phone and it will give you your BMR or maintenance calories and adjust your calories by that number.
5. I'm sure others will chime in but that will get you started.
Currently pinning MTWF. I really appreciate your input. My problem is, every time I try to add carbs I get bloated like a whale, and then I pussy out and cut out carbs. I think that’s a big part of my problem

EMachine

Hi Unicycler,

I was looking at your workout, diet, and cycle, and something doesn't make sense. You are most likely a hard gainer and most likely are doing too much volume. Anytime, I have a new client who claims s/he is not making gains, I start by reducing the volume and focusing on compound movements. Now, for the average person, the workout that you've posted would produce results, however, the training is kicking your ass. 2 hours per session is in my opinion too much for you at this point. If your intensity is on point, and diet, 1 hour to 1 in a half or so, should be more than enough.
Remember, more is not necessarily better.

Also, with 500 mg of test per week, you should be adding muscle. So you are sensitive to carbs...protein with veggies and fruit should be doing the trick for you. Again, try to reduce your training for a couple of weeks and see how your body responds. Finally, I've noticed that when people go on a cycle, especially, new users, they go all out with their training and end up overtraining.

Many of my clients made/make excellent gains using German Volume Training (GVT). I particularly like George Turner's GVT Protocol, but there are several. It's old school and it's 10 sets of 10 reps using only 60% of your 1RM. It's not easy, but it forces you to be done in about 45 minutes to an hour max. It's not for pussies!!! but it add slabs of muscle to your frame in a very short period of time - in 6 weeks! That's why is only recommended for 6 weeks. After that take a week off, or better 2-4 days off, and do a different workout. Keep the body guessing...

If you have questions about it, send me a PM and I'll respond but I believe you're overtraining and are not consistent with your diet. I also didn't read anything about water intake. You should be drinking a minimum of 1-2 gallons in the summer, 1 in the winter. Also, is your test legit???

D

Deleted member 45086

Hi Unicycler,

I was looking at your workout, diet, and cycle, and something doesn't make sense. You are most likely a hard gainer and most likely are doing too much volume. Anytime, I have a new client who claims s/he is not making gains, I start by reducing the volume and focusing on compound movements. Now, for the average person, the workout that you've posted would produce results, however, the training is kicking your ass. 2 hours per session is in my opinion too much for you at this point. If your intensity is on point, and diet, 1 hour to 1 in a half or so, should be more than enough.
Remember, more is not necessarily better.

Also, with 500 mg of test per week, you should be adding muscle. So you are sensitive to carbs...protein with veggies and fruit should be doing the trick for you. Again, try to reduce your training for a couple of weeks and see how your body responds. Finally, I've noticed that when people go on a cycle, especially, new users, they go all out with their training and end up overtraining.

Many of my clients made/make excellent gains using German Volume Training (GVT). I particularly like George Turner's GVT Protocol, but there are several. It's old school and it's 10 sets of 10 reps using only 60% of your 1RM. It's not easy, but it forces you to be done in about 45 minutes to an hour max. It's not for pussies!!! but it add slabs of muscle to your frame in a very short period of time - in 6 weeks! That's why is only recommended for 6 weeks. After that take a week off, or better 2-4 days off, and do a different workout. Keep the body guessing...

If you have questions about it, send me a PM and I'll respond but I believe you're overtraining and are not consistent with your diet. I also didn't read anything about water intake. You should be drinking a minimum of 1-2 gallons in the summer, 1 in the winter. Also, is your test legit???
I had a feeling this would get E-machines attention. This man has a lot of knowledge.

suppsforlife

There's another thing - carbs. you should actually go for them. carbs are main source in recovery and energy during heavy weight lifting and whenever you're looking to gain muscle mass, carbs are important! you may be holding a lot of water due to 500 mg/week of testosterone too. have any estrogenic symptoms? checked your E2 recently? and yes, I agree with EMachine on the fact that it does sound like you're overtraining. 2 hours a day 6 days a week of weight lifting is something far not everyone can go with without being considered overtraining. You should pay attention to your calories and macros (fat, carbs, protein) and the way you're training. what is the soreness level after each training?

EMachine

Valid point! 500 mg of test for some makes them hold water and look bloated...for others it does no such thing. For me, it bloats my face. Now my blasts always consist of low test and then higher mg of other compounds. I just want my libido to stay strong and healthy and usually take a TRT dose or go up to 300-400 mg max. My goal now, it no longer to put size on. I stay around 230-250 Year-round depending if I'm cutting or bulking. I just want to be able to maintain what I've built.