Lose weight... Gain mucles?

odylock

Guys i'm a newbie here... Question is this possible if you lose weight but you want to gain mucles? How?

Barista99

2 totally different ventures IMO. Losing weight is lowing your cals, eating clean, and doing cardio. Muscle building is upping your cals, lifting heavy, and doing less cardio. So you have to do one or the other... Most people bulk up (eat big and lift big) then cut the fat later.

Dexter

well, if you just want to get more shredded that is possible by doing cardio on empty stomach in the morning, training with super-sets and eat enough protein.

bbmonster

I have done this method and seen good results. Only eat fast digesting carbs(potatoes,white rice etc) after you work out. It is really the only time that you need a good insulin spike to shuttle nutrients into muscles. I personally use about 40mg of dextrose or gatorade along with 25-40g of whey pwo. Then eat complex carbs for the rest of the day. I dont eat any carbs 2-3 hours before bedtime and intead drink a casein shake and maybe a tablespoon of natural pb for good fats. As long as you have the protein in your system, you shouldnt burn muscle while sleeping and the lack of carbs should make your body burn some fat for energy. I have lost 7 lbs, but even more bf%. I dont really go by the scale on these things, but more of what I see in the mirror. I can tell that im burning fat and putting on some muscle. Maybe not as much as a straight bulk, but im not going backwards either.

Barista99

Physical exercise helps you develop & maintain physical fitness, alertness and overall health. It strengthens your muscles, skeletal frame and Cardiovascular system and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts your Immune System & helps prevent various diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, improves mental health and prevents depression.

built_tough

no wonder i havent gotten sick in over 3 years lol.  except for some 3 day thing which i still have no clue to this day what the hell it was. couldve sworn it was a bad peanut butter jelly sandwich but damn i felt like i was gonna die lol. then it went away. weird?

built_tough

oddly enough the ammount of food needed to be eaten will greatly affect ones wallet.  scroll down to mass 6000 . that guy easily spends 1500 a month on food. fuck that.  but i see your point.  i would rather just hit my goal and stay lean all year round just off of maintenace.  if i need to grow i will increase calories.  yeah we all do bulk n cut. but id rather do bulk, and now im cutting to hit my goal.  then ill slowly reintroduce more foods and such