Lose Weight?

calmb4dastorm

Nah, who wants to do that? Well, NOT me that's for sure! Why not you ask. Well, first of all, the mentality is wrong. If anything, the goal should be "fat loss" not "weight loss." Muscle weighs more than fat, pure and simple. I want more muscle and could care less what numbers the scale displays as long as my body fat percentage is lower.  Too many women these days still have that mindset of going on fad diets to lose weight, when really, all that needs to be done are a few simple lifestyle changes to change the muscle to fat ratio and the results are longer lasting. So moving forward, Ladies, we will talk fat loss and the things we can do to increase it!

SweetSavage

I totally agree!! Women ask me all the time for advice on how to start and where to start and the first thing I say is THROW OUT THE SCALE!! Start slow with small changes like if you drink sodas all day long; lower your self to one or two per day for two weeks, after that one every other day. So on and so forth until it's a cheat meal drink. You're able to stay committed to something when it's not a drastic change. Start going to the gym twice per week, for 30mins for 1 month. Then 3 times per week for 45mins for a month. So on and so forth until you fall in love with all the progress you're making and become a gym rat like the rest of us!! I can't comment on diet because I'm a fat ass who lives in a bodybuilders body. 

I

icdeadlifters

X2 Dolf.... I threw the scale out a long time ago. I use mirror.....

MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL..... TELL ME WHO'S THE BIGGEST BRO OF THEM ALL.

SharonKY

I still have a scale....*sigh*  Hard to get the fat girl to stop......when we weigh 335 pounds you have certain mentality that stays with you.  I'm getting better.  I only weigh once a week rather than everyday......

SweetSavage

Sharon, have a trusted friend come over and toss it for you!! Lol! I swear it'll be the free-eat feeling in the world besides free-balling! Lol, what is it for girls?? Free-lipping? omg

SharonKY

OMG...free lipping! UmmmmmmmmI just had plastic surgery and my lips are TIGHT! LOLOLOLOL

The scale offically went in to the closet today....with batteries removed.  Here. We. Go.

Getting calories mostly from lean protein, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables may help you lose weight safely. No diet for an adult woman should be less than 800 calories per day. If you decide to limit the number of calories you get each day to lose weight, talk to your doctor or nurse first.