Low dose Anavar only cycle

Bender12

Hi, I am a 48 yr old male who has not trained consistently or hard for about 6 months and have put on a few pounds and lost a hell of a lot of fitness. I am looking to turn this around by joining a gym that does an 8 week challenge of HIIT so I can lose fat, get fitter and stronger.

As I am older and unfit I find it hard to recover so I thought of doing very low dose Anavar maybe 10-20mgs a day just to help with my muscle recovery and a little strength and energy while training. I am not looking to bulk up or a magic pill I just need a little boost.

Do you think this would help me and would I requite a PST after?

EMachine

Hi Bender,
At your age (our age) it is best to go with injectables, like testosterone. I would recommend starting at 100 mg per week and adjust as you go based on how you feel. This should give you an energy boost and help you to recover better. Anavar, is a good and relatively safe oral to start, however, testosterone is in my opinion your best bet.

Anavar at 10 mg is not going to do much for you. That’s more like a female cycle. 20-25/30 mg is a better dosage for you. But my first choice would be test Cypionate or Enanthate at 100-200 mg per week and then if you still want to add anavar use 25mg per day. Your diet and cardio have to be on point!!! Hope this helps.

At our age, TRT should be seriously considered. Have you checked your testosterone levels lately? Free and total testosterone? Estradiol level, PSA, cholesterol, etc?

Before starting any anabolic compound, you want to do blood work to determine if you’re healthy enough to start a cycle, even if just for one compound. And off course after your cycle another blood panel is highly recommended. Health should be your priority when designing your future cycles. At our age, there’s no room for mistakes!

Other members will provide additional advice but they too make their recommendations based on health first, Age, experience, etc.

By the way, Welcome to the site. I think you’ll like it here. 💪

suppsforlife

Couldn't agree more with EMachine. He explained it perfectly. Check your levels first - the best way to find out what exactly causes your symptoms. Continue working out naturally (without anything) for a while. In about a month or two, chances are - you won't need to add anything. But if you do - yeah, Testosterone is a safer bet. May add Anavar later. If you are still sure you want Anavar only, still check your levels because as said, Anavar is milder oral, but is still likely to cause side effects.
Of course, keep your diet and workout on point!!! Good luck

MONSTRO

Brother i dont suggest no test cycle and mostly at your age , because you already have low test from your age and cruching it more with a only anavar cycle will be not good for your health , sex drive . Go with 250mg test week + 30mg anavar day and you will look great and fell amazing

Sandman45

Definitely go with a test base if you decide to do the anavar or not.

Go get some bloodwork done and let your dr know you’re interested in TRT. After that you can add in the anavar if you feel it’s needed. I actually stopped lifting for over 2 years due to an injury after powerlifting and lifting for football since i was in HS. When I came back to lifting I went 2 months before finding out my T levels were low for my age and got on TRT. I cruised on a low dose for a few months before adding in Anavar. You’re definitely going to want to go higher than 10mg. Maybe your first week you can run 10mg to assess your response to it but I say 25mg for a first run is where it’s at. I also coach other athletes and have had one or two major level female athletes use Anavar only at 5-10mg and see good results but nothing drastic. That dosage is usually just for women that need something extra after a return from injury or hitting a plateau. And at that dosage it keeps major androgenic sides to a minimum.

Definitely run some sort of test with your orals though brother! And I would definitely PCT, if you’re going to go the TRT route look into how to follow up introducing an oral compound. All the best!

John2001

Hi, I am a 48 yr old male who has not trained consistently or hard for about 6 months and have put on a few pounds and lost a hell of a lot of fitness. I am looking to turn this around by joining a gym that does an 8 week challenge of HIIT so I can lose fat, get fitter and stronger.

As I am older and unfit I find it hard to recover so I thought of doing very low dose Anavar maybe 10-20mgs a day just to help with my muscle recovery and a little strength and energy while training. I am not looking to bulk up or a magic pill I just need a little boost.

Do you think this would help me and would I requite a PST after?

John2001

Read your post and we're very similar in being in shape. Haven't done no training in a year and gained 60 unwanted pounds of fat. I'm gonna get back into the gym and just gonna hit the elliptical to lose weight. Then back to gaining muscle. I'm gonna be looking into test somehow and no idea where to start.

BiggyBill

Read about testosterone, how to use, its side effects, dosage, results etc. read about it in terms of cycle (for fitness) if you want to use it off label

NickMASS

I was planning on trying an anavar only cycle as well, sorta get my feet wet and maybe lean up a bit. If you're not looking to really bulk would this make sense if your labs are solid?

HGH.to

Check Emachine's post. explained well. for a beginner - i would go test alone with a very clean diet and workout schedule. for leaning a bit you don't need too high dosage.
There is Anavar-only cycle for beginners, but is not going to be as safe as Test. Even if your labs are solid

NickMASS

Would the test help cut or just bulk? I was under the impression the anavar would be better for shedding fat.

HGH.to

With a low-moderate dosage and solid workout plan and diet - you'll be shredding fat!
correct. test is great both for cut and bulk. lower doses are required for cutting.
in the end, is important that workout plan and diet are playing some of the important factors in cutting vs bulking plan