Low T--but now low enough for insurance

Hello, everyone,

I am a 45-year-old male who when he was in his 20s and 30s was a powerlifter. I am 5' 8" (172 cm) and 220 lbs (100 kg) and bf of between15-18%.

I don't have my levels in front of me at the moment, but my T numbers hover around 350 ng/dl and have for several years. My insurance considers this within the normal range, thus I cannot use my insurance for TRT. My free test numbers, etc. were all similar: Just within range. In addition, I have Hashimoto's disease, which means I am on T4 and T3 every day.

So, to say the least, I have felt my manhood slipping away from me for years.

At the moment, I am at a crossroads. I am currently on a 15 week cycle of Test E 500 mg. And, my life has completely changed for the better. I am more confident, I don't have limp dick. I am banging the @#$^$% out of my wife several times a week. Obviously there are changes in the gym.

I could use some advice. PCT after this cycle and go back to where I was? Self-prescribe TRT using bloodwork obtained through independent labs? Use one of those men clinics that charge $200 a month for their services? Blast and cruise, since my T is perpetually low anyway?

I have no desire to have any more children, by the way.

Thanks for your time and any advice you wish to give.

Zewi

Your 45 you not going to have kids.. So no PCT IMO. If you feel good continue however, you dont need to do 500mg for TRT. Just bring it down to 250mg a week.
125mg on Monday 125mg on Thursday. Still take your AI. And when your ready for a cycle up it to 500mg, 125mg M/T/TH/F. No need to get fancy or anything, just stay on TEST E and your AI for the rest of you life and you will be Good to go.

THE MOOSE

Get bloods after blast & try to just do 100mg of Depo Test Cyp every 5 days(works out to 140mg a week) True TRT dose. If you get into the high normal range why do more! Less is better & use pharma grade! UDG gear & you probably will have to do 200/250 mg a week.

Last edited:

BodyGear

I agree 100% with Zewi... If you do Exactly as he says you will be perfect, it will give you your life back, believe me. My dad was feeling old and just had no energy... He now does 250 mgs a week of test cyp and he is a different man, he feels 30 years younger and he is enjoying life more than ever and he is in the best shape of his life as well!!! He is out chasing broads around at 65 years old !!! taking them home and fucking the shit out of them, sorry to be crude but i just think its pretty funny how great testosterone really is!!! Good luck on whatever you do but Just listen to ZEWI he Knows his shit too!

AnabolicTitan

I think 250 is a bit high for a 'real' TRT dose. Half that would get you well within range, with TRT it's not about the gains, it's about maintaining and feeling good.
TRT aside, let's talk Hashimotos, have you tried low dose naltrexone? If you don't mind me asking, what was your aTPO (Thyroid peroxidase antibodies) and Thyroid hormone levels? As you know your thyroid isn't the cause of your issues, it's just a target of your condition thanks to a wacky immune system. I'm working right now to help someone 'reboot' their immune system to try and combat hashimotos, heal leaky gut and hopefully bring some better quality back to their lives. It's a tricky condition that is affected by damn near everything and can dictate your daily life, i empathize with you. Best of luck to you brother.

Last edited:

Dunbar

Yess congrats on the change in mid set bro that is fuckin awesome.

I couldn't give all the credit to the juice for something that pivotol.. Living/eating clean and working hard takes the credit!

​​​​​​My most recent take on adjusting a long term dose centers around morning wood. When test levels are in a 'normal high' range, the morning wood never fails. But you don't keep an annoying weirdo erection 18 hours a day.

It's a good, easy to way to measure.

Cheers

Hello, everyone,

I am a 45-year-old male who when he was in his 20s and 30s was a powerlifter. I am 5' 8" (172 cm) and 220 lbs (100 kg) and bf of between15-18%.

I don't have my levels in front of me at the moment, but my T numbers hover around 350 ng/dl and have for several years. My insurance considers this within the normal range, thus I cannot use my insurance for TRT. My free test numbers, etc. were all similar: Just within range. In addition, I have Hashimoto's disease, which means I am on T4 and T3 every day.

So, to say the least, I have felt my manhood slipping away from me for years.

At the moment, I am at a crossroads. I am currently on a 15 week cycle of Test E 500 mg. And, my life has completely changed for the better. I am more confident, I don't have limp dick. I am banging the @#$^$% out of my wife several times a week. Obviously there are changes in the gym.

I could use some advice. PCT after this cycle and go back to where I was? Self-prescribe TRT using bloodwork obtained through independent labs? Use one of those men clinics that charge $200 a month for their services? Blast and cruise, since my T is perpetually low anyway?

I have no desire to have any more children, by the way.

Thanks for your time and any advice you wish to give.

So are you looking for reliable way to get a prescription for medical grade TRT covered by insurance? Its easier than you think. At your age, you should have a urologist or GP that you have established with. Use the testosterone you have now, stop the cycle with no HRT and see your doctor 2 weeks after last injection. Complain about low libido, fatigue, irritability, limp dick, etc. Ask if it could be low T. Your MD will order a free/total T level immediately and yours should have crashed low at this point. They will immediately prescribe replacement. Repeat the above actions until you reach desired prescription. Insurance will cover after 3 "low" levels documented at least 2 weeks apart. "Low" depends on your insurance but its usually under 250-300 total T.

THE MOOSE

I think they recently lowered it to 200! They keep lowering it. Either they don't want to pay for it or everyone's levels are going lower. As many factors on why men's testosterone levels are going down but that's a whole nother topic. It's gone way down for the average man since the 70s

propagates

I did it through self-prescription and private labs. I do it through Private MD labs: https://www.privatemdlabs.com/

I get the test Hormone Panel with Lipids - $110.99
Includes:
Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets): WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
Estradiol
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Lipid Panel:
Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculated); triglycerides; Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated).
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Testosterone Total LC/MS/MS

Dolf

The main problem with that is the doctor and insurance will both see very low test levels (in a females range or less) and high rbc counts and will immediately know you were on synthetic testosterone, and question you about that. The doctor would probably still prescribe testosterone but your insurance will most likely not cover it. What you tell your doctor if that happens is you were on over the counter test booster you bought from GNC. They really don't boost your testosterone but will crash it once you discontinue use. As far as insurance goes just use GoodRX. I get my testosterone for $40 through GoodRX which is actually cheaper than the $50 my insurance wants.

QuadGod

Man, sad thing is, even with insurance, its higher than phuk. Simply because pharmas know insurance will pay for it. Hate big pharma!