Metformin (Glucophage) use with carb-heavy meals for better nutrient utilization

Msfit

Very good piece of information, that's why is so important to look after the liver, everything goes through there! And to ingest good carbs.

What would be the most beneficial gdas/ food partition agents as supplement to take? I've been taking chromium and adding cinnamon in my food daily and I was looking to buy some berberine too but I'm waiting to find out if it's worthy while on a cutting diet (less carbs won't cause that much waste to be converted in fat storage as in maintaining phase and off)

M

Mister A

Sam:

No. There are agents which direct carbohydrates specifically into the muscle cell.

No. There is a sort of payment system and certain organs, cells, mechanisms, etc demand higher payment i.e. have more priority in the doing out of carbohydrates.

M

Mister A

Excellent link and info my friend. Helps us laymen understand such a complex subject easily.

M

Mister A

Optimizing natural insulin sensitivity and response is much easier while in a caloric deficit e.g. when the goal is to reduce overall bodyweight.

My question would be is why are you looking to supplement your natural storage ability while in the process of reducing your (fat) storage? Such an initiative seems contradictory to me so I am eager to learn from you.

M

Mister A

You are often on my mind, Brother. I am very selective of my thoughts. In order to achieve the type of goals I aspire towards, one must be a guardian of his own mind. My body becomes a physical manifestation of my thoughts. But there is always room to hope you are well, my dear friend.

M

Mister A

I have extreme clarity and freedom through it.

I hope you are well. Though I see you're banned from a site that you've devoted much of your life to for a long time.

blastthru23

I must have lucked out somehow the first time. Now its asking me for an access code. If I can get it to actually download onto my computer, Ill post all 16 heady pages of the article

M

Mister A

Not an ounce, Brother. I'm here to learn and poke fun at myself. I'm smarter than the average bear, but the average bear isn't very smart. I have done my research on insulin however. When your path is straight it's easy to see what lies ahead of you.

swolesam

juicy info !!!! thanks Blaster! def +1 for that. 

People have become SO STINGY with the upvotes these days, geeez... this is def worth an upvote from me.

Your link has the "..." which probably depending on how you copied the link trimmed out the actual link contents... Here's the proper link = 

https://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9780387098401-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-855761-p173833708

swolesam

Mister-A - are you guna tease me & not please me ?? ;) LOL

you got my inquisitive mind hungry for info now .... what agents do you know are efficient in discriminantly and selectively disposing glucose into muscle tissues ? 

blastthru23

Check out that video above if you havent already. Gives a nice view imto the workings of glucose uptake into cells. Insulin is just one tiny step in the whole procesd

blastthru23

Its here. I think its in a different thread. Subz posted it (keeping track of whats where can be a challenge sometimes LOL!)

https://musclegurus.to/forum/supplements/nutrient-repartitioners/metformin-glucophage-use-with-carb-heavy-meals-for-better#comment-101164

M

Mister A

You're focused on the agent itself. But if I simply supply the agent nobody learns why. I'll need some time to write it out.

ashop

I personally don't tolerate METFORMIN well at all. Extreme stomach distress like severe diarrhea.

blastthru23

Damn, I just reread this thread. There's some good stuff in there. Now, I am wondering whether anyone tried metformin, how they liked it, what dose, how long etc... I've got a big pile of it, and may have to include it just to see what happens, how I feel, how I look.
Might have to take another dive into the metformin pool, and read those articles again, and see if there's any new research on the topic. This thread is a few years old, imagine that. Time flies!