Mixing your own or buy a ready made?

borsuczek

Hey guys. I decided to pay a bit more attention to my " around workout" time nutrition. Especially the time after . There was a time when after workout I had immediately a weight gainer aminoacids and vitamin c. The 2 last one are not a concern really but my weight gain powder started to be a concern.

For a simple reason of how much additional stuff is in that tub! Few types of sugar, poisonous sweeteners... And as you know fructose and corn syrup are pretty heavy on liver and that's one organ I need to keep in check if I am to enjoy my weightlifting. Therefore I went extreme and I just got flavorless isolate and 2 kg of maltodextrine powder. I just mix it half and half. It's pretty revolting, must admit.

But rather swallow that ( it doesn't mix believe me it's just water with giant lumps) than tones of artificial stuff. 

Just wondering what would be your suggestion of postworkout shake that doesn't make me feel ...sick when drinking it 

borsuczek

I will have a good look on your link. Shame that supplements are so spoiled. Such an easy way to get down you throat what you need, but seems its worth while just to cook. Not always a time for doing it sadly:(

Kfizzle

Man there's tons of shakes you can make with the blender and it takes almost no time at all. I use the hell out of my blender, get some high quality protein if you're worried about the sugars and all that and do a Google search and you can find loads of recipes. From peanut butter banana to vanilla and instant coffee (that's a damn good one there ). Give it a shot man blenders are cheap!  Tip: wash it immediately after use so the protein doesn't cake on the sides like cement lol

borsuczek

It's a post workout stuff I'm on about. One I could take with me powdered and just mix straight after training...

borsuczek

Egg whites. I used eat raw eggs. Was told it's too much of a salmonella risk tho. Sometimes I 'll still have it. Your recipe looks interesting...