Motorcycles !!!!!

milkin

Who rides, for how long, and what ya' riding ?
I grew up running dirt tracks, broke a few bones, and now I stick to pavement.( Like that's any softer )
Been riding for 35 years and have had too many bikes to remember. I currently ride Harley's but occasionally will jump on mt buddies CBR100 for the rush.

hayabusa

I have a 2001 triumph daytona 955i 150bhp, mint condition, absolutley love the triples, they have character and shed loads of torque, however i have also just a month ago purchased a buell xb9r so am gonna have to reluctantly sell my baby now....she will be missed, been on bikes since i was a kid....but this buell is an animal so i gotta do it....il prolly go back to a triumph one day.....love em

milkin

Triumph is in a class of its own, they have proven that through the test if time. You're going go miss that ride bro, I would try to find a way to try to keep it. As for Buel, niiiiiiiice.... Enjoy and hang the f**ck on. You will propablly spend most of the time on hour back tire looking straight up :) They are super light, like under 400 lbs correct ?

82ndab

I ride a 1997 Harley Dyna convertible.  First Harley was 89 1200 sportster.  Also use to ride dirt bikes, started with a CR 125, them to a RM 250 and then a CR 500.  The CR 500 was a beast.  Was going to do a triple jump, and chickened out that the last minute.  Not enough speed for the triple, but too much speed for the double.  Front tire went nose first into the third jump with backed tire still rolling, the handlebar shot up and hit me in the face mask, caused me to flip backwards with the bike landing on top of me.  Broke the handlebars and the front fender  but thankfully nothing to me.  Put it back together and sold, and that was last time I got on a dirt bike.  Like Milken said only the pavement for me.

milkin

I left the dirt once I was old enough to hit the pavement but man did we have a blast on that dirt. I grew up surrounded by miles and miles of farm land and my favorite bike was an old yamaha mx100- 4stroke brother. I snak that bike under water up to the seat crossing the creek with no trouble at all, she was an endouro with breather tubes that could go through anything :)

82ndab

It does bring back some good old memories, moving from back east to the west, there are a lot of places to dirt bike ride.  Sometimes I think about it, but it's a young man's sport.  I know I would do something stupid and end up getting hurt.  Being in the trades, can't afford to miss work. There are some great mountain roads around here though, so it all works out in the end.

Semper Fi

Gave up MotoX years ago but I still love my HD's - Certainly no offense to Triumph as they are RIGHT THERE!  

HD 2007 1200n w/ L1, Front Extensions, and "Willie G'd" 

Semper Fi

82ndab

Hey S.F.  I think I read somewhere that you're down south, if it's anything like Panama, watch out for them giant eguanas.  One time I was driving the 5 ton and one ran out in front of me, and I swear that thing went from shoulder to shoulder, scared of crap out of me.  And another time my wife and I were riding the blue ridge parkway, coming around a bend and almost at T boned by a dear.  Remember loud pipes saves lives.

Semper Fi

Oh ya - We got them...... Maybe not quite THAT big but we got em - But they are surpisingly smart and haul ass across the roads.  Just FYI - Panama = U.S. like roads and Costa Rica...... still very third world in that regard and it can be bitch to ride .............

82ndab

You're probably right, it might not been that big, but as fast as they move, it may have made it look bigger. When nobody tells you about them, and you're not expecting, then one just jumps out, its like holy shit.

3rd_levelup

Had me a Honda goldwing fully loaded when I was in my twenties. Lots of ass on that bike but I almost killed myself one night so I sold it. That bike weighed 870 pounds wet and was like boat cruising down the road. 

Eriq

Well, as this thread is seeing new life, I ride a BMW r1150r.   Sounds more bougie than it really is--it's kind of an old guy bike (fittingly for me).  I like it as it's kinda sporty, but still comfortable for long rides. 

I had a pretty bad crash a decade ago on a Honda shadow 1150-- bringing live rainforest frogs back from air freight, splitting lanes trying to get the poor little guys home quickly.  Long story short--I didn't ride for five years, but it gets in your blood and I just have to ride.  I do wear a full suit (aerostitch) even on hot days now.  

Cheers, Erick

siegmund

its not what you ride brother ,its about enjoying it ,so whatever you ride ,is you me myself. I like my dumptruck crashed doing about 50 head on into trees this winter ,and just had to whip air bag dust off me lol

A

Axle

been riding for years. Tried the club life for a while.  I have owned a sportster, wide glide, heritage, roadking, street glide.  I have had 2 wrecks one walked away with broke hand and few ribs. Second I broke collar bone, arm , had to get new skin placed on my leg.  Fun shit. Chick that was with me threw her into wet soggy grass she slide about 20 yards nothing hurt. It was raining like hell.    I ride a road king custom bagger now.  Eye balling a street glide CVO but since next year the 110 will come stock I may hold off and buy a regular street glide and make the mods myself.  reg street glide is 24, CVO is FN 40k by the time you add mods.   

Nytex

BMW guys are funny, I swear when they see a rainy day they get excited and all head out in their yellow reflective gear.  Its like an unwritten rule with bimmer bikes, you must go out when its raining !!

strong

Been riding since 5th grade. Absolutely tore up the roads on many different crotch rockets. My girl went on my Ninja zx9 and said never again. Sold it and got a dyna wide glide. I love it but nothing like that crotch rocket... Had a bad accident when I was 19. Couldn't wait to get back on... It truly is a passion...

Outlawthing

I love riding but gave it up cause I was too damn wild loved going fast and loved me some wheelies can't see as good as I used to last wreck ran my gsxr into back of a transfer truck got lucky hurt like hell but survived getting to old for the trouble or hospital I think out of all the bikes I had my 636 Ninja was my fav