My Hydration Protocol

M

Mister A

I haven't broken much down or done too many tests, but I don't like the zero calorie mixes. I'm coaching a girl right now who hates the taste of water and has to use Crystal Light to drink enough water.  I'll explain what I explained to her.

Whenever the body senses a foreign substance re: inorganic, it's very first response is to retain water. To almost any organism, and certainly humans, water is necessary to do just about anything. When we say water is essential for life, it means much more than just no water you die, water is required to carry out an innumerable amount of functions. So when you introduce something like aspartame into your body, it's first reaction is I don't know what the fuck this is, better hold onto some water so I can do what I have to do to deal with it.

Any chemical, such as aspartame, is going to cause inflammation. If you drink a sip of diet soda, it's going to cause very mild inflammation. If you drink 2 gallons of Crystal Light, your'e going to get more inflammation. Inflammation will always lead to water retention.

So I wouldn't say that you're cancelling out the effects of drinking 2 gallons of water via Crystal Light, but I might say you're like the gunslinger who wins a duel then shoots himself in the foot as he holsters his weapon.

SemperFi

Have no idea.

I was never one to "drink" the kool-aid. That is usually reserved for children and lower management types trying to advance themselves.

Seriously though - My wife drinks Crystal Light religiously and our ND told her that it is considered water consumption.

SEMPER FI

JARHEAD2

I will continue to indulge in good ole' fashioned water without the mixes myself.... I love the taste!! Although I do drink lemon water & sometimes drop a lime in it :):)

strong

I'm wondering if you noticed anything with the liquid minerals... I noticed within in 1 week it lessened my cramping. These are great simple posts to remind us the basics. I had been great with my water intake but the last 2 weeks I've gotten married, Make shift honeymoon and some injuries set me back.. I woke up today and got right back at it. After 2 weeks of eating too much and not working out I feel awful.  I did a good cradio workout and a very light circuit workout.  Felt great to be back in the gym...

JARHEAD2

Yes Strong, I absolutely did! I started taking the taurine & minerals before starting the clen, but still had some bad cramps so I increased the minerals & 2 days they were gone. I will continue to add the minerals on & off cycle!! 

strong

Good plan, Especially with that clen. It will deplete Taurine levels in your Liver. I only used Clen twice and it worked well. I wont be adding it in any more. I decided to keep my cycles low Mgs and few compounds..

M

Mister A

SF knows me the best apparently. I'd say it's Mister Asshole after that Tren kicks in. Other than that I think I'm Mister Affable for the most part. But I could be wrong. Where I'm from they say everyone is an asshole.

strong

Damn Mr. A,  I cant believe you are consuming 3 Gallons. I have been drinking a gallon for years. I upped it to 1-1/2 gallons since I saw this post. I'm pissing every 20 minutes. I'm thinking my body will adjust.

M

Mister A

3 is tough to hit consistently. I do a minimum of 2.5 every day. The trick for me is just drinking my first gallon by like 9am. From there on I can sip pretty conservatively throughout the day and have no problem hitting 2.5.

You're not going to pee any less as your body gets used to it, brother. Pissing has to become a way of life lol.

I just got my In Body Test done and though it revealed that I am not eating enough food at all, I was pleased to see that my total water weight went down 2 pounds in the last month since I upped the water.