My mother always told me

A

Alwaysworking

To never speak negative things over my life which took me a while to really focus on but I noticed after never talking negative has really helped me. My family grew up lower middle class but we never needed for anything.  I always know that someone else has it harder than I do so I think I motivate myself not to waste time nor pass on opportunities. I really think giving back has blessed my family we take 15% of our income and donate it to a charity for underprivileged children and imo it comes back. Just thought I'd share this. I've been broke to the point of only being able to make sure my kids were good to more money than I'm used to but I believe in helping others. That motivates me to to keep pushing. B4 material things helping a person is much more gratifying to see that little extra time or money can truly change a person's outlook. There's a man I met the other day begging for $ I 1st thought scam but I talked with him for over an hour and he wants to work so bad but without a dollar to ur name it's hard to get a job. Anyhow my girl and I are taking him today to get him a few work outfits and he starts a roofing job I got him in at on Monday. My wife actually talked a local motel to let him stay for free till his 1st payday I don't know how she did it maybe a little flirting jk but a few bucks that I'm sure I would have wasted gave this man a shot. Now it's up to him to do it but we got him into a local free counseling place and I said if he goes there stays clean I'll continue to help. Now in another post about me not sleeping all night stressed over $ for my son's college I think that it will come back. Its crazy a few bucks leg work and can possibly change a person's whole out look and life. B4 I take credit I'd have to give it to my folks and this was all my girls idea. So his name is Stanley so if you prey please keep him in your prayers. I took me a whe not to only focus on myself and after doing these things it's motivated me to be better fsther-son-husband and all around man. Now if he throws it all away I did what I could. I guess without preaching thinking positive has really helped me cause honest I was a brutal asshole b4 I learned not to be so vain.  Just thought I'd share. 

JARHEAD2

Yes sir, that's good advice bro! The creator said you will always reap what you have sown & it's without fail. I'm a preacher & a missionary & I have always practiced this & taught this. There was a king many years ago that said, " I was once young & now I am old & I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread." 

Thank you brother for sharing this & for your kindness towards humanity. I will say a prayer for Stanley!!