New to Steroids

Ebrowndo

I've spent most of my life in the gym, never tried gear. Turned 40 this year, have small kids, a business, and coming out of lockdown had gotten fat, and wasn't getting much headway at the gym.
I tried Anavar for the first time and I've really liked it, I've lost 3 inches around my gut and my strength more or less tripled. If I was doing x weight 3 reps, I can now do x weight for 10 reps.
I taper off this week, and I am curious what I will keep moving forward and what I will do differently next time.
I created an account to do some research about what and how to do the next cycle. I've started to meet some good people at my gym, although no one really talks about their cycles, we just talk about programs and volume training.
I look forward to growing with you all.

HGH.to

Hello,
I created an account to do some research about what and how to do the next cycle. I've started to meet some good people at my gym, although no one really talks about their cycles, we just talk about programs and volume training.
yeah, not too many people like to talk about their gears and cycles in real life. But this is a great place as people can be 100% open and honest.
I taper off this week, and I am curious what I will keep moving forward and what I will do differently next time.
what do you mean by tapering off? using anavar and testosterone? there's no need to lower the dosage slowly of either one. simply stop

Gainz.

Pretty sure he's using just anavar.
If anyone watches as much YouTube as I do, you'll find it's the most popular steroid out right now.
Even celebrities are talking about it... well... minor celebrities.
Especially influencers, they are making it seem like the safest steroid, and you only need to take anavar, without test, or without any liver protect.
I got sucked into the same rabbit hole. Its the whole reason I came here.
I came here looking to do a anavar only cycle.
It seems to be the most popular, and for everyone who's afraid of injections, it seems like the safest option.
The problem is that none of the videos explained why running a oral only cycle can be so dangerous.

BigGashMan

I've spent most of my life in the gym, never tried gear. Turned 40 this year, have small kids, a business, and coming out of lockdown had gotten fat, and wasn't getting much headway at the gym.
I tried Anavar for the first time and I've really liked it, I've lost 3 inches around my gut and my strength more or less tripled. If I was doing x weight 3 reps, I can now do x weight for 10 reps.
I look forward to growing with you all.
Any cycle should have a testosterone base. Your first cycle ideally would have been just testosterone. Anavar has provided you with some gains, but it is not optimal. It does increase strength noticeably, but it is not particularly good on it's own for building muscle mass. Also, like most oral steroids it is 17-methylated to enable it to pass through the liver, which makes your liver work hard, which makes it liver toxic. It seems illogical to newbies, but generally speaking, injectable steroids are safer and less bad for health than oral. Taking Anavar will quite possibly have suppressed your natural testosterone production to some extent. All steroids will do this btw some much more than others, which is why you always need a testosterone base.

My advice would be to finish your current cycle and after a few weeks get a blood test for hormone levels and liver function. If your testosterone is very low, you have three choices:

1. Leave it and hope it recovers naturally - it probably will to a large extent over time depending on your age and genetics
2. Run a PCT - Post Cycle Therapy - protocol. Typically this would involve other drugs such as Clomid, Nolvadex and HCG, to kick start your natural production. It's not magic or guaranteed but it should be quicker than not doing it. Do this if you plan to not cycle again for at least 6 months, otherwise it is a waste of time and money.
3. Begin TRT - this is testosterone supplementation to bring you into normal range. Typically, 100-150mg per week, split into two injections across the week will put you in that range. Check the TRT forum for full information on how to properly administer TRT. It is key to remain in a normal range to enable your liver and other organs to repair. Repeat hormone blood tests are required to tweak the dose.

Before all of this begin taking a liver support product immediately. The two key ingredients you are looking for are TUDCA (Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid) and NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine). I would go for at least 500mg TUDCA and 1000mg NAC per day, split across the day with meals. These will protect your liver now and help it repair once off of Anavar. Best practice is to run this year round if you are using gear, whether blasting, cruising or TRT, unless it is long term TRT then it is not required.

Hold steady with whichever of the above you decide on for 12 weeks minimum and continue to train hard. You will still make gains! Assuming your bloods showed that liver markers are ok then think about stepping up and doing another cycle, but this time just Testosterone, dose 250-300mg per week, split into two doses. Run cycle for 12-20 weeks. Back to TRT, rinse and repeat. I'd advise using the TRT phases to do "mini cuts" to drop body fat, and the cycle to do your "blast", to gain lean mass.

I will counter all of this by saying that Anavar is a relatively mild oral steroid. It is liver toxic, but it is nowhere near as bad as some of the other, more potent orals, and it can be run for longer periods, so don't take my advice above as too alarmist. However, best practice is to do everything possible to protect liver, kidney, brain function and keep lipids (cholesterol) within normal range as much as is possible. The "legal" supplements that help you do this are more important from a long term perspective than the actual steroids, and will probably cost you more!!

Hope this is useful information. It is a bit of a minefield when first starting on this journey so be careful what advice you listen to and in general, ignore pretty much 99% of "advice" from youtube, instagram and google.

Ebrowndo

This is great stuff! I was just using Anavar on its own. I went from 80mg a day to 60mg for 3 days, to 40mg for 3 days, to 20 for 3 days to 10mg for a day to taper off. A powerlifting friend was using it.
My experience was ok. I was taking liver care, BCAA's, and Taurine.
I started chlomid last week. 100MG for the first 2 days, down to 50 mg / day for the next two weeks, before I take get blood done again. We have public healthcare in canada, and my doc is monitoring my blood, I'll start trt if need be.

So far so good. Feel good, I held water pretty bad in the last week, I was fucking swollen, I'm glad I'm pissing that out. I felt like trash the day I stopped taking anavar

I am looking forward to doing a proper stack next time. There was more misinformation about steroids than good information. I'm glad to be a part of the community. My first experience is postitive.

My quality of life went up significantly. A part from lifting decent weight. for extended periods, often, I ran with my kid the other day, my legs had all kinds of get up and go, I went for a long-distance trail ride, and had lots to give.
Where can a person find information on what to take for what results? I mean there is a ton of info online, but I mean practical information.
I like to improve my overall athleticism, no need to be huge.

I notice no one talks brands, is there a forum for that?

Ebrowndo

Any cycle should have a testosterone base. Your first cycle ideally would have been just testosterone. Anavar has provided you with some gains, but it is not optimal. It does increase strength noticeably, but it is not particularly good on it's own for building muscle mass. Also, like most oral steroids it is 17-methylated to enable it to pass through the liver, which makes your liver work hard, which makes it liver toxic. It seems illogical to newbies, but generally speaking, injectable steroids are safer and less bad for health than oral. Taking Anavar will quite possibly have suppressed your natural testosterone production to some extent. All steroids will do this btw some much more than others, which is why you always need a testosterone base.

My advice would be to finish your current cycle and after a few weeks get a blood test for hormone levels and liver function. If your testosterone is very low, you have three choices:

1. Leave it and hope it recovers naturally - it probably will to a large extent over time depending on your age and genetics
2. Run a PCT - Post Cycle Therapy - protocol. Typically this would involve other drugs such as Clomid, Nolvadex and HCG, to kick start your natural production. It's not magic or guaranteed but it should be quicker than not doing it. Do this if you plan to not cycle again for at least 6 months, otherwise it is a waste of time and money.
3. Begin TRT - this is testosterone supplementation to bring you into normal range. Typically, 100-150mg per week, split into two injections across the week will put you in that range. Check the TRT forum for full information on how to properly administer TRT. It is key to remain in a normal range to enable your liver and other organs to repair. Repeat hormone blood tests are required to tweak the dose.

Before all of this begin taking a liver support product immediately. The two key ingredients you are looking for are TUDCA (Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid) and NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine). I would go for at least 500mg TUDCA and 1000mg NAC per day, split across the day with meals. These will protect your liver now and help it repair once off of Anavar. Best practice is to run this year round if you are using gear, whether blasting, cruising or TRT, unless it is long term TRT then it is not required.

Hold steady with whichever of the above you decide on for 12 weeks minimum and continue to train hard. You will still make gains! Assuming your bloods showed that liver markers are ok then think about stepping up and doing another cycle, but this time just Testosterone, dose 250-300mg per week, split into two doses. Run cycle for 12-20 weeks. Back to TRT, rinse and repeat. I'd advise using the TRT phases to do "mini cuts" to drop body fat, and the cycle to do your "blast", to gain lean mass.

I will counter all of this by saying that Anavar is a relatively mild oral steroid. It is liver toxic, but it is nowhere near as bad as some of the other, more potent orals, and it can be run for longer periods, so don't take my advice above as too alarmist. However, best practice is to do everything possible to protect liver, kidney, brain function and keep lipids (cholesterol) within normal range as much as is possible. The "legal" supplements that help you do this are more important from a long term perspective than the actual steroids, and will probably cost you more!!

Hope this is useful information. It is a bit of a minefield when first starting on this journey so be careful what advice you listen to and in general, ignore pretty much 99% of "advice" from youtube, instagram and google.
Thank you! I'm lucky have two life long buds on either side of the province running different cycles from different suppliers lol.
That being said, for a beginner cycle, with a test best, what do you think of sustanon as a base stacked with anavar?
I like low risk, keeping gains, and wanting to increase athletic performance.

Gainz.

Sust is super popular... but you have to pin every other day.
You should look into test c or test e. They are basically the same thing. I would recommend 250-300mg a week split into 2 doses. 125mg on Monday and 125mg on Thursday.
If you have low T, I'm sure the anavar did make you feel much better. But there's absolutely no reason to taper off gear. Once you've shut down your natural test, it's off until you stop taking gear and it's out of your system. If you did 20mg a week your natural test would still shut off... and you'd feel terrible and lose muscle. I don't know why so many people think you should taper off gear... I'm assuming because that's the case with every other drug on the planet?

But if you check the sources section you can find brand reviews... I think their might even be one in general chat.

But please don't start another cycle until long after your pct is finished and you get your blood work done! Rushing blindly into another cycle can open up a whole can of worms you don't want!

Ebrowndo

Thank you! I was wondering, I'm cycling off, I haven't had Anavar for a week and I feel like trash. I'm like why all this good, and now this? ha ha. My doc won't look at me until I'm off for two weeks. An Abundance of coffee is doing the trick. I'm not sure the Cholmid I bought is doing anything.
Is there a way to tell if cholmid is working?
I appreciate it, I will be a couple of months off for sure. If I dont start trt, maybe start in the late fall, early winter again with a proper test base.

suppsforlife

were your T levels pre-cycle in normal range?
what was the cycle looking like?
when you stopped?
what's the dosage of Clomid you use?

NZmuscle

Thank you! I was wondering, I'm cycling off, I haven't had Anavar for a week and I feel like trash. I'm like why all this good, and now this? ha ha. My doc won't look at me until I'm off for two weeks. An Abundance of coffee is doing the trick. I'm not sure the Cholmid I bought is doing anything.
Is there a way to tell if cholmid is working?
I appreciate it, I will be a couple of months off for sure. If I dont start trt, maybe start in the late fall, early winter again with a proper test base.
You're 40 had your kids, should just look at cruising, no feeling like trash after blasts or having to pct.

Ebrowndo

were your T levels pre-cycle in normal range?
what was the cycle looking like?
when you stopped?
what's the dosage of Clomid you use?
Unfortunately, I didn't test pre-steroids. I assume they were normal.
I ran just Anavar, no test, I started at 30 mg /day, up to 80 mg per day, then tapered off. 8 weeks total.
I started at 100mg/day chlomid in my last 2 days of anavar which were 20 mg /day. Then I dropped to 50 mg a day chlomid. I've been doing that for two weeks. My energy level fell off at the beginning of the second week. I think the anavar is out of my system and the cholmid I got is bunk. But I'm not sure, first time. My doc will check my levels at the begging of next week.

suppsforlife

Unfortunately, I didn't test pre-steroids. I assume they were normal.
I ran just Anavar, no test, I started at 30 mg /day, up to 80 mg per day, then tapered off. 8 weeks total.
I started at 100mg/day chlomid in my last 2 days of anavar which were 20 mg /day. Then I dropped to 50 mg a day chlomid. I've been doing that for two weeks. My energy level fell off at the beginning of the second week. I think the anavar is out of my system and the cholmid I got is bunk. But I'm not sure, first time. My doc will check my levels at the begging of next week.
if you are off anavar for 2 weeks and these 2 weeks you were on 50 mg/day of clomid and you still feel like shit then it does sound like clomid is bunk. or you simply are a non responder. can get yourself some nolvadex?
in whichever the case, checking your levels is a good idea

Ebrowndo

Thank you, I can get some Nova. I doubled up to 100mg of the Chlomid yesterday and that helped a lot. Doc is booked for Monday.
I'm told if I would have been using an injectable on top that there would have been less bounce as it takes more time to leave your body, depending on ester length.

Ebrowndo

Sust is super popular... but you have to pin every other day.
You should look into test c or test e. They are basically the same thing. I would recommend 250-300mg a week split into 2 doses. 125mg on Monday and 125mg on Thursday.
If you have low T, I'm sure the anavar did make you feel much better. But there's absolutely no reason to taper off gear. Once you've shut down your natural test, it's off until you stop taking gear and it's out of your system. If you did 20mg a week your natural test would still shut off... and you'd feel terrible and lose muscle. I don't know why so many people think you should taper off gear... I'm assuming because that's the case with every other drug on the planet?

But if you check the sources section you can find brand reviews... I think their might even be one in general chat.

But please don't start another cycle until long after your pct is finished and you get your blood work done! Rushing blindly into another cycle can open up a whole can of worms you don't want!
Thank you, I can get some Nova. I doubled up to 100mg of the Chlomid yesterday and that helped a lot. Doc is booked for Monday.
I'm told if I would have been using an injectable on top that there would have been less bounce as it takes more time to leave your body, depending on ester length.
Gainzbandit!

Ebrowndo

My t-levels bounced back and I finally got the balls to pin myself.

I'll be finishing up a test-e anavar cycle, with HCG and Nolva for pct in the next month.

I Ran 250 mg / week of test e, and found a sweet spot of 45mg/var to keep strong but keep the painful pumps away.

I'm starting to look into my next cycle for bigger mass.

From what I'm reading. Test and Deca are relatively safe. What would you suggest as dosage levels? Would I add a whinny or anavar toward the end?

Thanks in advance.

Gainz.

My t-levels bounced back and I finally got the balls to pin myself.

I'll be finishing up a test-e anavar cycle, with HCG and Nolva for pct in the next month.

I Ran 250 mg / week of test e, and found a sweet spot of 45mg/var to keep strong but keep the painful pumps away.

I'm starting to look into my next cycle for bigger mass.

From what I'm reading. Test and Deca are relatively safe. What would you suggest as dosage levels? Would I add a whinny or anavar toward the end?

Thanks in advance.

So for your next cycle... you don't have to increase dosage much. You're still gonna get great results from a relatively low dose.

So I recommend a 14-16 week cycle of
300-350mg of test per week
And 200mg of deca.
Then if you really want start with 4 weeks of anavar. Because deca takes forever to start working.

If you really want... it's not needed... but its definitely still on the safe side
14-16 weeks
400mg test
300mg deca
And again the first 4 weeks of anavar.
But with these higher doses, you may need Arimidex.

Either are fine, it depends on how "safe and cautious" you want to be.

And I told you pinning ain't that bad brother.
Its amazing how most guys go from terrified to do it, to looking forward to that next pin! Feeling that steel rip through your skin... I've grown to love it!
Get a little bit bigger and better with every pin 🤣😂

Ebrowndo

😂😂😂 yeah!

I went white first time ☠️. Had to take a giant shit right after 😂 then it's been clear sailing.

Thanks for chiming in. Some of the dose suggestions online are fucking large ha ha. It's nice to get a moderate opinion.

Gainz.

😂😂😂 yeah!

I went white first time ☠️. Had to take a giant shit right after 😂 then it's been clear sailing.

Thanks for chiming in. Some of the dose suggestions online are fucking large ha ha. It's nice to get a moderate opinion.

More gear, more risk, more sides.
You really don't need much to grow. The large doses come from dudes who are already monsters and have trouble putting on more and more size. Or from people who just want results now.... damn the risks.
As we all say here, this lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint.