New To This Amazing Site. Excited To Be A Part Of Something This Great!

Maniac1130

Hey guys and gals Maniac1130 here. I have to say that I am LOVING this site so far. I have been scowering the threads day and night for the past week and a few days ago decided to create an account. Glad I did! I have already posted a few threads before my introduction, mainly due to my impulsive ADHD nature but I am here for the intro now. It's better late than never!

I have been into health and fitness basically my whole life. My uncle built a dope-a** gym in his basement when I was in middle school and showed me how to work out. I have been HOOKED ever since. I am 33 now and had taken a 5 year hiatus when my son was born. Needless to say, I am severly out of shape! But that's no problem as I know that it will only be a matter of time (and hard work/dedication) before I am right back to where I left off.

in 2013 I got certified as a personal trainer thru a company that I am not sure if I am allowed to name so I won't name them just in case. I don't want to get in trouble. Was planning on doing the PT thing for a few years to build up a client base then considering opening a gym of my own. As that was my ultimate dream. In the mean-time I met a beautiful, intelligent woman (with a sweet sweet a**) whom I have been with ever since. She has sort of distracted me from my health and fitness goals for the past 8 years but it's time for this guy to get back in the game.

I am pretty over weight so my main fitness goal will be to lose the weight and then maintain. I was thinking about running a cycle (something that I had done a few times poorly in the past) or 3 to kickstart my goal and to get me back in the zone of fitness. So I started doing a little research and that's when I stumbled upon this gem of a site. VERY VERY happy I did! The members seem amazing and I was just reading about their neat little Karma point system. So I for one will be looking to help in anyway I can and also looking to learn as much as I can from the vets. That's one thing I have learned over the years, you can never really learn enough. The education process of health and fitness never ends. So we must keep our minds sharp by continuiously learning and trying to teach ourselves and help each other a long the way.

Anyway, once I reach my weight loss goal, I plan to recertify as a personal trainer and grab a few more fitness certs. as well and stat applying at some local gyms. Once I have done this successfully and for a few years who knows maybe I will open that gym someday after all.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to interacting with you!

Take Care,
Maniac1130

suppsforlife

Hey there again Maniac, happy to know more about you.
I am pretty over weight so my main fitness goal will be to lose the weight and then maintain. I was thinking about running a cycle
If I get it right - you plan working out and dieting after starting the cycle?
I ask this because is recommended to have months of dieting and working out under your belt before starting with a cycle. Hope you already know it.
you can never really learn enough. The education process of health and fitness never ends. So we must keep our minds sharp by continuiously learning
completely agree with this - that's definitely true. the more I learn - the more I notice that there's more I should be learning.
Anyway, once I reach my weight loss goal, I plan to recertify as a personal trainer and grab a few more fitness certs. as well and stat applying at some local gyms. Once I have done this successfully and for a few years who knows maybe I will open that gym someday after all.
wish you good luck with your goals, hope you're going to reach them as soon as possible and safely! will try to be of any help if you would need any.

Maniac1130

Hey there again Maniac, happy to know more about you.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, Supps!
If I get it right - you plan working out and dieting after starting the cycle?
I ask this because is recommended to have months of dieting and working out under your belt before starting with a cycle. Hope you already know it.
Not exactly. I do plan on diet and exercising first. I doubt I will have months of this before I start my cycle but I should have a good base going before the start of my 1st cycle. I think I want to be at the point in my work out regiment where I am no longer getting sore from the workouts. I'd say 6 weeks of working out and a few months of dieting before my first cycle. This is just an estimate. I will let my body do the talking and go from there. Thanks for the advice, Supps. You always seem to have my best interest in mind. I appreciate it!
completely agree with this - that's definitely true. the more I learn - the more I notice that there's more I should be learning.
Yeah it's amazing. Dieting, working out, and even cycling is all just science and math (and it's an art). The more precise we are the better our results. It's always smart to adopt the mindset of "My learning is never complete". When people think that they know everything there is to know and stop learning they are only hurting themselves becuase there is always more to learn.
wish you good luck with your goals, hope you're going to reach them as soon as possible and safely! will try to be of any help if you would need any.
I appreciate this, man. I will definitely reach out when the time comes. Thanks brother. I wish you all the best as well!

BiggyBill

The more precise we are the better our results. It's always smart to adopt the mindset of "My learning is never complete".
Hell ya! That’s why Im here too. Been training and running roids for years, yet here Im here trying to learn. This site has been a great source of information for me!

Maniac1130

Hell ya! That’s why Im here too. Been training and running roids for years, yet here Im here trying to learn. This site has been a great source of information for me!
For sure, dude! I have been reading on this site for roughly a week now and I have already learned more in the past week than I have over the course of a year in the past. It's a great site, and I think the fact that everyone is friendly and helpful really makes this site standout. I mean let's face it no one knows EVERYTHING and there's nothing worse than being berated for asking a question. Kindness goes a long way, for sure!