New To TRT And Need Advice

Atti007

Hi Guys,

I would love some insight into TRT. I am 47 years old and have been working out since I was 17; I am 6'2 and 220lb. I did a blood test, and my testosterone is deficient! The only steroid I ever used was Anavar, usually twice a year for two months, each by itself at a low dosage, starting with 20,40,60 mg. My free test is 202, and my other reading was LO at 5.9! Could this be because of the Anavar?

I am looking to start with TRT and have access to Test Prop 100, I thought about going through my doctor, but I would imagine it will take forever. I am not sure exactly how much to take for TRT, I am not looking to get any bigger at all but strictly for TRT replacement.

Any recommendations on dosage, frequency? Any comments and opinions would be appreciated.

suppsforlife

Hello and welcome to musclegurus man!
Could this be because of the Anavar?
yeah, it does sounds like it.
have access to Test Prop 100
why wouldn't you find a source that offers longer versions of testosterone? plenty around (check my name, avatar or go to top rated sources and you'll find some) - but I can't point to a direction due to forum rules here.
Point is that Test Prop 100 must be administered on a daily basis. At least every other day, but I would recommend daily.
I thought about going through my doctor, but I would imagine it will take forever.
actually not - it shouldn't take forever. the thing is that prescribed test is much more expensive. I would still go to a doctor, but you can go for TRT by yourself.
Any recommendations on dosage, frequency?
dosage for TRT is usually ranging between 100 mg and 200 mg per week.
frequency depends on testosterone ester. Test Prop - ED or at least EOD. That's why I recommend Test Enanthate or Test Cypionate - you can inject them only 2 times a week. Such as Monday and Thursday. 50-75 mg/day per shot is enough (100-150 mg/week).
with Test prop you'll need about 15-20 mg per shot daily which is 105-140 mg/week.

Atti007

Hello and welcome to musclegurus man!

yeah, it does sounds like it.

why wouldn't you find a source that offers longer versions of testosterone? plenty around (check my name, avatar or go to top rated sources and you'll find some) - but I can't point to a direction due to forum rules here.
Point is that Test Prop 100 must be administered on a daily basis. At least every other day, but I would recommend daily.

actually not - it shouldn't take forever. the thing is that prescribed test is much more expensive. I would still go to a doctor, but you can go for TRT by yourself.

dosage for TRT is usually ranging between 100 mg and 200 mg per week.
frequency depends on testosterone ester. Test Prop - ED or at least EOD. That's why I recommend Test Enanthate or Test Cypionate - you can inject them only 2 times a week. Such as Monday and Thursday. 50-75 mg/day per shot is enough (100-150 mg/week).
with Test prop you'll need about 15-20 mg per shot daily which is 105-140 mg/week.
Hey brother, thanks for the detailed response. I am in Canada, and its not as easy when it comes to shipping here. I'll look into getting test that I don't have to take each day as this could become a hassle. As for the doctor prescribing test, I have drug coverage, that would take care of this.

As of now, I have been off Anavar for three months, so I might do another blood test to check my levels before I start TRT. Thanks again for the information. I appreciate it!

My other concern with test was always hair loss, I know this is a common side effect but based on the low dosage I am hoping it will be fine.
How do you feel right now with low t?

I work out with weights four times a week, and I do road cycling as a hobby, but I take it pretty seriously with about 7 hrs a week on the indoor trainer until it gets nice outside. I do have a sex drive but not as much as I used to, and I do have difficulty concentrating, but I always had problems with this from childhood. My energy levels are above of an active person of my age or even 10 years younger but based on my blood levels I do have low test, I've done this test twice. I can only imagine what I would feel like if test levels were higher.

HGH.to

My other concern with test was always hair loss, I know this is a common side effect but based on the low dosage I am hoping it will be fine.
hair loss runs in family? could try minoxidil if you're afraid of hair loss - lots of guys says it helps

robinshood311

Hello guys, I'm new to the site & TRT. Can someone tell me if oral test is effective? Or do you recommend injectables? I've done my blood work, and have low T. I hit the gym about 5 days a week, and don't have the energy that I used to.

bobby ricky

Injectable testosterone cyp would be great for you. You could inject once or twice a week.
Once you inject you will be hooked. It’s not a high it’s just the way u used to feel when you were young. We are supposed to age out and loose our test and turn into women. I’m telling u there’s a better way to go and it’s symptom resolution 😃 You will live with enthusiasm again like being reborn. You are just replacing something your body doesn’t want to provide you with anymore.

HGH.to