New upper chest exercise

Titanings

I found this while doing some research:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCmY_HxrqWs

I haven't tried it at the gym with bigger weights yet, but just from trying a few sets at home with small weights I am really feeling it in my upper pecs. I am amazed at how much its working, and I think for people like me who have bad shoulders it may be a good alternative that you can do without the strain of incline press or incline fly's.

I also found this:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=guillotine+press&view=detail&mid=A699E6CAD011C7DF03F8A699E6CAD011C7DF03F8&FORM=VIRE

this is the guillotine press that showed more muscle activation of the entire chest than any other chest exercise on the tnation chest page found here:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-chest-and-triceps-exercises

I also found a lil bit different version that was compared to the guillotine press here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOots24nKA

Besides figured we can always use another weapon in our barrel chest arsenal, let me know what you guys think!

D

Dont_trip

That's what it's about man, I like that video it's true people think you can't target a specific muscle  when you can put the science book down by  the gym and find out for yourself. We. Edd members like you bro for me personally reverse grip bench smokes my upset chest and I also do flys with my hands in a pronated grip you can use that much weight 20lbs maybe but it mimics the true full range of the pec muscles give it a try good stuff man

SemperFi

When I do flys I use the pronated grip also but with a twist..... I like to try and touch my elbows together by rotating my arms into a supinated grip at the end of the movement and hold the squeeze for a two count. I also use cable fly crossovers and hold the squeeze. The contraction with both exercises is pretty pronounced and who doesn't love building a little man cleavage.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

I sometimes do a superset of hex press and flys (I think the dumb bell hex press is a variation of this guillotine press). This set really hits the inner pecs. I do the same for inclines as well, and I learned a technique to really stretch the pecs. When the weight descends towards the floor, I slightly arch my back to further open the chest, and when I'm at full extension, I let the muscle stretch for 1-2 counts, then contract while bringing my back to flat position. Feels great. 

Titanings

I am gonna have to try that flys with a twist! I think that would be almost exactly like supinating your hands at the end of a curl where it forces your bicep to flex and contract really hard, only for the chest :)

siegmund

my upper chest is big.   , and i started with a ironing board.  ... i did alot of time. so i had all the time in world. but i would take 135 on a bb.  and sit in the incline rack. and do slow concentrated , sets for 1 hour 45 minutes.  

then i would also use db , and turn at top and squeeze ...

and flys i cannot say enough about.  , like semp explained.  ... 

gentelmen dont get me wrong i had 6 hours a day to incorporate this. ... but seeing is believing...  i would do like 6 sets of flay then hit nothing but incline.   ... ( decline was incorporated also.  but not alot like 6 sets also.   ...

Titanings

I am really beginning to like a lot of Ben Pakulksi videos. He is an IFBB pro and shares a ton of info about strength curves and hitting the muscles from different angles, etc. Learning a ton day to day! Here is an example kind of like your talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4U8iKAYry0

SemperFi

On the bicep topic... after full contraction of the curl try raising your upper arm parallel to the floor and see if that increases your squeeze.  I go as far as raising my elbow above shoulder level. The squeeze can get painful when your pump starts coming in. ;) With bicep curls there are so many options and all of them have benefits. A less used curl option that I incorporate on occasion is the Zottman curl. I use cables quite a bit with curls also because it allows me to use more angles and maximize my range of motion particularly when doing 21's.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Ben's target is more geared towards range of motion even though it utilizes the maximum concentric movement of the bicep. It does work well for contraction as long as you are aware and purposely rotate your wrists to the extreme inside as hard as you can. The only fault with this technique is that it can be brutal on the shoulders because they are locked into a single plain when you force your elbows outwards and rotate your wrist to the inside. It is kind of like when you use a smith machine for bench press..... very bad for your shoulders because they are forced to move within a single plain with no freedom to deviate if needed. Smith machines are one of the leading causes of shoulder injuries. The version that I describe is more focused on maximizing the contraction of each rep. and does not limit shoulder movement or lock into a specific plain of motion. They are two completely different motions but if you find one that works better than the other then great. Just remember 'do no harm'. Injury sucks and when we get shutdown from the gym we generally go stir crazy. I have known guys who took up crochet because they couldn't make it to the gym due to injury.... crazy huh? ;)

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Pressing accross your body also targets upper pecs. I get on the flat bench Hamner Strength, put the seat in the lowest position, sit side ways facing the handle, and press accross my body. 

Titanings

I have seen a couple ppl do that and keep meaning to try it out.....then chest day rolls around and I forget LOL. Seems like it would work great since it would give you a much tighter contraction that you would normally get due to bringing you arm across your chest.

SemperFi

I use cables in a similar manner Dolf. At the end of the press I turn my opposite shoulder into the contraction which helps me squeeze even harder. I like doing these for the centerline of my chest and I have heard that it is very good for developing the pectoralis minor.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

I use that exercise as well. I can feel the muscle fibers fire throughout the entire pec as I move the weight. I love doing high rep sets to failure as a finishing exercise. I use the flat and incline hammer presses.

Dolf

I do it with cables too. Both are great for hitting the upper middle section on the chest.

Dolf

I use it as a go home move as well. I just put a plate on and press to failure for 3 sets.

Titanings

I think this is really good information, the more of this guys videos I watch the more I like him and what he is saying. I am really surprised he doesn't have more followers....but I think its due to the fact that he is giving the more advanced techniques compared to the no brainer do 4 sets 8-10 reps of these 4 things every week for bench and you will get huge that so many novice people are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Iiguwox_0

What I like about this is he is explaining exactly how to do sets and really focus on the mind muscle connection. Which lets face it Arnold said he could go do 1 set of bench press with mind muscle connection and get more out of it than someone walking in off the street and doing chest for an hour.  Now for some of you older pro's it may not be as interesting cuz you have already devoleped that mind muscle connection that's spot on.

But I have been really working on my mind muscle connection here this last week since I feel it needs to be developed more and is one of the key things needed for progression, as I feel I have hit one of those plateau's and the only way out of it is through smarter and better training while working on my progressive overloading :)

Here is also another version of his cell expanding chest workout that uses dropsets with 20 second time under tension in the streatched position between each set. Its supposed to destroy your chest, bring new cells in immediately to fix and reapair, and also give you a very big pump, along with time under tension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jy1btHpNQ

And here is a video of where he talks about isometrix before and between sets to help with mind muscle activation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jy1btHpNQ

Do you guys ever do stuff like that between sets?

D

Dont_trip

of enhanced or natty lifters trust me bro when I got my head out of aas and started studying trying I blew past everyone  by miles  remember my saying bro train like a bitch look like a bitch,..lol its

true and people always say diet this

diet that and true diet is an important factor as far as asthetics  even with a not so great diet if

you train with the intensity of a machine you will

still

grow denser stronger wether a surplus or

not in living proof

and

many others I know you get another +1 from me and your gonna be a star if you keep your head buried

in training ben pakulski  a gold

mine and Seth feroce has

some amazing tips as

well as far. As angles combine science and bro science never pigeon hole yourself 

siegmund

i must agree with you on diet , i grew for alot of years on the shittest food inside ,  high starch high carb. high everything but protein. .. ..

but all i did was train intense, and run handball. .. i still find it true out here as long as i eat. im fine.im also not going for stage. ...

SemperFi

siegmund said:
</p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;">im also not going for stage. ...</span></p><p>
</p><p>Oh Thank Odin. You would look terrible in a bikini. ;)</p><p> </p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p> </p><p> </p>