New workout schedule idea

JesseTX

Greetings community.
I want to share this outline of a workout plan.
Let me start by saying I am experienced working out, but I'm not a pro.
I don't have training and cert in fitness.
I am 43 yo, and near 205#s.
My outline is based on days of the week...but ideally I would do this schedule with breaks between if needed and pick up on the following day.
Here it is:
Monday= Chest - Biceps
Tuesday= Shoulders - Hams - Calves
Wednesday= Back - Triceps
Thursday= Chest - Quads
Friday= Shoulders - Abs

Also ideally, I do abs 2 or 3 times a week.
Opinions and thoughts?

JesseTX

sounds good to me. just watch out for what you eat.
As of now my diet is pretty clean, but not where it needs to be.
I certainly have increased my food intake...lost of protein and clean carbs but I cheat a lot with cookies and donuts....I think I need outpatient treatment to get that habit in control.🤣🤣
In March or April of this year I was edging around the 180-185# mark and now I'm sitting at 205#.

suppsforlife

Monday= Chest - Biceps
Tuesday= Shoulders - Hams - Calves
Wednesday= Back - Triceps
Thursday= Chest - Quads
Friday= Shoulders - Abs

Also ideally, I do abs 2 or 3 times a week.
that's actually very similar to my cycle. only difference - friday is cardio day for me. the HIIT.
of course I approve it. LOL.
In March or April of this year I was edging around the 180-185# mark and now I'm sitting at 205#.
assumingly, you got 20 lbs of muscle? because cookies and donuts are hard to resist and hard to get rid off, if you know what I mean :D

JesseTX

that's actually very similar to my cycle. only difference - friday is cardio day for me. the HIIT.
of course I approve it. LOL.

assumingly, you got 20 lbs of muscle? because cookies and donuts are hard to resist and hard to get rid off, if you know what I mean :D
Lol...it definitely seems to be a lot of muscle gain.
I've been eating insane amounts of food.
I still have roughly the same BMI as far as I can tell in the mirror but I am a lot bigger that I was 6 months ago.

JesseTX

Exactly as I think....I want 3 and 1 not 3 and 2. I can't stand 2 consecutive off days.
I did my Tuesday workout in just an hour. I walked around the gym all wobbly legged and finished with shoulders and was whining like a little girl cause I vlasted my shoulders hard and I was halfway yo work when the pain finally subsided

unclem

go by how you feel thats just me jesse if you need only one day off then thats fine.

unclem

Exactly as I think....I want 3 and 1 not 3 and 2. I can't stand 2 consecutive off days.
I did my Tuesday workout in just an hour. I walked around the gym all wobbly legged and finished with shoulders and was whining like a little girl cause I vlasted my shoulders hard and I was halfway yo work when the pain finally subsided
what do u do for shoulders?

JesseTX

what do u do for shoulders?
Mostly I do a machine press to warm up.
Then I normally will go to Smith machine press for about 3 or 4 sets. From there I do light weight, high rep side raise and front raise superset with dumbells.
Then I will go into wide grip, cable upright rows. Then I do rear delt dumbell flyes...either bent over, of I use an incline bench if I'm going heavy.

unclem

Mostly I do a machine press to warm up.
Then I normally will go to Smith machine press for about 3 or 4 sets. From there I do light weight, high rep side raise and front raise superset with dumbells.
Then I will go into wide grip, cable upright rows. Then I do rear delt dumbell flyes...either bent over, of I use an incline bench if I'm going heavy.
thats a nice workout schedule, have to steal some of that lol.