Nootropics

king

How many of you guy take Nootrpics to help stay focused?   I will not meantion any products at this time but I have recently stumbled across some stuff that's simular to Provigil.  I will only stay on for 30 days to check it out I'm on day 10.  This stuff is amazing, giving me energy and focus.  IMO while at the gym & at work I get twice the work done.  Bros, at the gym I have like tunnel vision of planned work out. I don't stare off in space  thinking "one more set". Just get in focused, knock it out and go home still feeling good.  I don't get the high and low as I do on pre work out.   I am wondering if anyone else uses it for the same reason.

csancheezy

recently began to research compounds of this nature such as Provigil.. What has been your personal experience if you dont mind sharing.?

D

Dont_trip

Nootropics,they are effective and do give some good focus.

I think one of the TOP Pre workout supplements/Overall health is l-Cittruline malate 8 grams a day

I think all steroid user's should use it.It prevents RBC "Sludging" and Lower's blood pressure and that is just the tip of the ice berg as far as benefits are concerned.

Sorry went a tad off topic but felt it was important to share to those struggling with blood pressure

A

Axle

Sorry for the delay in following up on this post. I will give you my own personal experience and you can take it for what its worth.   My very first day with it I screwed up. lol    I took one about 1Pm in the afternoon just to see if it did anything with my focus,energy, etc.   Well It did just that, I was ready to rock and roll in fact I was rocking and rolling until 3AM the next morning. First piece of advice always take it first thing in the morning.  I would sum it up to this, In the gym or at work it gives you similar to tunnel vision on what you are currently doing. The only down side if you are in management as I am, and you have 20 different things going at once it is hard to multitask while on Provigil. You take one thing complete it and block the rest out, which can be good sometimes and not so good other times.  As far as the gym goes I loved it, because I wouldn't be thinking about the next set I was just focused on the current reps I was doing at that time. I enjoyed the extra focus and energy. Normally by the time I work all day and get to the gym I am dragging ass so I take some pre work out to get me moving. In the days while I was taking I didn't need to take a pre workout.  When I got to the gym I was still ready to get going. My normal schedule is up at 5:30 Am and in bed at 10:00Pm, while on I would get up at normal time and take one 200Mg about 8Am and wouldn't be ready for bed until 11:30 or 12:00.  

I gave it a rest and haven't taken it since Wednesday 6/3.    The day after I had a mild head ache after lunch took to Advil and was GTG. I have no sure prove it was because I didn't take it that day but am pretty sure it was since I do not hardly every have a headache unless I am ill.  I was fine Thursday and Friday, now come yesterday I became insanely tired middle of the day Saturday. All I can figure is my body decided to catch up on the sleep it had missed will on Provigil.   I am going to give it a break this week & then starting 6/15 I am going to take it only on weekdays for about two weeks and see how that goes.  At the gym thursday I could tell a difference for sure, I was back to digging in my bag for pre work out for that extra boost to get me moving.

I didn't have any crazy side effects other than, for me 200MG will keep me awake for 13 or so hours.  I also experienced a little headache once stopping of course I have no concrete prove if it was directly related.  So I didn't experience any harsh sides.  For me it defiantly helped focus and energy.

thedrewman

with these has me at a neutral position. For some people, I  think if properly dosed (which its sounds like you are), yes they work. In my case, not so much. I was using them as a supp for my Sleep Apnea condition. But I never got to experience them at a higher level which is what I needed. It cost me so damn much, that the tradeoff simply wasn't worth it. For me, I'd like to try them again now that I've got the Sleep Apnea re-adjusted.

SemperFi

In my line of work we take Provigil on a regular basis but mainly to stay awake for long periods of time. Personally I do not like the feeling that it induces. Yes, it does make you more alert and focused but I have never experienced any increase in usable energy. It is more of a "let's get it done" type of feeling. Dry mouth is a side effect that I commonly experience.

I am not sure if I would see a benefit using it for a pre-workout supplement.

SEMPER FI

ramdisck

I can hardly keep a handle on my caffeine addiction.  I'm wearing of anything that keeps me up longer.  I barely get 5 hours of sleep on the regular.

ramdisck

I know what you're saying brother. It's tough to get more that 5 or 6 in row waking up at 3AM m-f  so I rely on naps to get that rest in.  Weekends are quality sleep.  I could take a nap at a stoplight most days.  

MRFIXIT

Theres an src on MG that sells xanax and valium.. PM me if you want their name! It helps me knock the fuck out!

Dolf

Falling asleep isn't my problem. Finding time to sleep is. I get up at 0345, go to the gym, and then to work. I work 12hrs and get home around 2000. By the time I eat, shower, and spend time with wife and kids I get to bed about 2230 to 2300. I do get 8hrs sleep on my 2 off days. 

Big Nasty

Same here brother on the lack of sleep and a busy ass life of work, family, and play. I do wonder what our progress would be if we actually got proper sleep. Sucks but its the part I can't do much about for now. 

Dolf

Same here. I'd have to sacrifice family time or gym yime, snd I'm not willing to sacrifice either.

blastthru23

I just bought a preworkout supp, claims to have nootropics in it. I took it yesterday, and i was crazy focused. I'll have to take a look at the ingredients to see whats in it, if there is in fact nootropics in it. I know it has caffeine in it...got have that after pulling 10 hours at work then for 2 @ the gym. I'll post what i find, if anything