Old Newbie Anavar Question

waycool1970

First, allow me to explain the title. I am 52, and by most standards, I think this qualifies as "old" for this forum. I'm wanting to ask for some expert input regarding my desire to try Anavar. I've done some research, and have no solid answers to my concerns. My main concern is this - I have Type 2 Diabetes. Will adding Anavar adversely effect my condition? My research implies it could actually help, but could also severely hurt - especially if not done properly. My desire is to increase my metabolism, and lose body fat. I am currently undergoing supervised TRT injections weekly. I take Glyburid-Metformin to control my Diabetes - last A1C was a 9.9. My thought is that on workout days use 2 doses of Anavar at 10mg for each dose, and use the Metformin on "rest" days. I have a feeling that using both on the same day could cause a serious drop in my blood glucose - but not certain. Other stats - 5'4", 188 lbs. I also have very thinning hair, so can I kiss any remaining hair I have goodbye? Thanks for any input regarding my concerns.

suppsforlife

First, allow me to explain the title. I am 52, and by most standards, I think this qualifies as "old" for this forum.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't say "old" TBH. age is just a number so it's really just how you feel about it.
My research implies it could actually help, but could also severely hurt - especially if not done properly.
you've done right research because it's actually true. it might actually help or it may hurt. It depends on a lot of different factors and one of the most important one is - how your body responds to it. It could help you, but it may hurt your condition and you never know unless you give it a try.
I also have very thinning hair, so can I kiss any remaining hair I have goodbye?
any anabolic steroid is likely to causing hair thinning especially if you're prone to it. Nonetheless, anavar is one of the mildest.

anyway, why do you want to use Anavar? grow muscle? become stronger? lose fat? be healthier?

waycool1970

Thank you for your reply "SuppsForLife". In response to your question, regarding my agenda, lose body fat and increasing my metabolism was the goal I was looking to achieve. I do not know my body fat percentage, but I'd be willing to bet it above 25%. I have abs somewhere below this fat layer, and I'd like to see them someday. :)
Can you address my concern about dosage and taking it along with my diabetes medication? 10mg, 2x per day on workout days? Higher dosage? Every Day? Do you know, or have any experience regarding how Anavar would affect blood sugar levels?
As you said, I imagine a lot would be trial and error. Start slow and adjust over time. There is a reason they call it "practicing" medicine (although I'm no doctor). I prefer to hedge my bets with some knowledge before going down this road, so thank you.

suppsforlife

it should be known that abs are "made" in the "kitchen". you need a consistent diet with calories below maintenance and enough proteins
as in terms of dosage... anavar is an oral compound with short half life. you need to use it on a daily basis. start with 10 mg 2x per day, every day, split apart. Such as 10 mg as soon as you wake up in the morning and 10 mg 8-12 hours later (usually people try to take one dosage 30-60 minutes before working out). use this schedule for 4-6 weeks and see how it goes.

D

Deleted member 45086

Have you ever tried keto diet. I lost a ton of weight on it before I started lifting. My doctor really pushes it hard and has gotten about half his patients off of meds for hypertension and type 2 diabetes. I promise it can be a life-changing diet. I was on Lisinopril 40mg daily and was still hypertensive and presently on nothing and the blood pressure of a teenager. You should really consider giving it a try.

waycool1970

Have you ever tried keto diet. I lost a ton of weight on it before I started lifting. My doctor really pushes it hard and has gotten about half his patients off of meds for hypertension and type 2 diabetes. I promise it can be a life-changing diet. I was on Lisinopril 40mg daily and was still hypertensive and presently on nothing and the blood pressure of a teenager. You should really consider giving it a try.
It's probably not a bad idea, but in response I have three words for you: I Like Pizza! 'Nuff said.

waycool1970

it should be known that abs are "made" in the "kitchen". you need a consistent diet with calories below maintenance and enough proteins
as in terms of dosage... anavar is an oral compound with short half life. you need to use it on a daily basis. start with 10 mg 2x per day, every day, split apart. Such as 10 mg as soon as you wake up in the morning and 10 mg 8-12 hours later (usually people try to take one dosage 30-60 minutes before working out). use this schedule for 4-6 weeks and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the advice. It has been very helpful.

Rosario 420

I`am a 67 , but everybody thinks am 25 years younger, I just had my last check up last month and everything was excellent, I like to work out ,but just to no loose muscle mass ,Are you guys think it`s a good idea to try anavar , because my only concern it`s to loose body fat on my abs region

Rosario 420

First, allow me to explain the title. I am 52, and by most standards, I think this qualifies as "old" for this forum. I'm wanting to ask for some expert input regarding my desire to try Anavar. I've done some research, and have no solid answers to my concerns. My main concern is this - I have Type 2 Diabetes. Will adding Anavar adversely effect my condition? My research implies it could actually help, but could also severely hurt - especially if not done properly. My desire is to increase my metabolism, and lose body fat. I am currently undergoing supervised TRT injections weekly. I take Glyburid-Metformin to control my Diabetes - last A1C was a 9.9. My thought is that on workout days use 2 doses of Anavar at 10mg for each dose, and use the Metformin on "rest" days. I have a feeling that using both on the same day could cause a serious drop in my blood glucose - but not certain. Other stats - 5'4", 188 lbs. I also have very thinning hair, so can I kiss any remaining hair I have goodbye? Thanks for any input regarding my concerns.
Actually metformin supposedly is an anti aging

suppsforlife

It's probably not a bad idea, but in response I have three words for you: I Like Pizza! 'Nuff said.
then that's going to be really hard. as it is for most of us here loving pizza :D
I`am a 67 , but everybody thinks am 25 years younger, I just had my last check up last month and everything was excellent, I like to work out ,but just to no loose muscle mass ,Are you guys think it`s a good idea to try anavar , because my only concern it`s to loose body fat on my abs region
as said earlier, abs are made in the kitchen. but i wouldn't recommend anavar, and especially not alone
have a good healthy diet with calories under maintenance and good macros and maybe with some testosterone added

Rosario 420

I have my abs , but that`s where more of the far it`s stored as we age,I don't want to get ,massive and was 200 lbs at age 12

Gainz.

I eat pizza 3 times a week and have a 8 pack...😏 🤣🤣
(I know I know, STFU Gainz)
But anavar can definitely help in the ways you want. Being a diabetic your main focus should be diet anyway. My ex of 12 years was one, so I know quite a bit about having it.
Now how does anavar effect blood sugar? That I have no idea. All I will say is if you have it under control, give anavar a shot. If you don't... if you're swinging between the 60s and 200s throughout the day, leave it alone!

waycool1970

I eat pizza 3 times a week and have a 8 pack...😏 🤣🤣
(I know I know, STFU Gainz)
But anavar can definitely help in the ways you want. Being a diabetic your main focus should be diet anyway. My ex of 12 years was one, so I know quite a bit about having it.
Now how does anavar effect blood sugar? That I have no idea. All I will say is if you have it under control, give anavar a shot. If you don't... if you're swinging between the 60s and 200s throughout the day, leave it alone!
Thanks for the input Gainz - (and yes, STFU about the 8 pack. :) ) So, with my original perscription of Metformin, I was OK, but another doctor doubled it and I've been feeling like crap 2 - 3 hours after taking it (went from 250mg twice a day to 500mg twice a day). My A1C has dropped from a 9.9 at the end of July, to an 8.3 drawn last week. Not sure of the main contributing factor, but at least the A1C is headed in the right direction.

Gainz.

Sorry... it's this damn metabolism! But trust me it sucks when all you want to do is bulk! 🤣

The "feeling like crap" is probably you're blood sugar going low. Usually low is crappy feeling, high is silly drunk feeling.
To help combat this feeling you can drink a juice or eat something before the pill.
The only real way to know is test your blood before the pill, take it, wait for that crappy feeling and take it again. If you're sugar dropped dramatically you know to eat or drink something before you take the pill, or a hour after the pill. (Vise versa if it's high)
I don't know if anyone has explained this to you, but this tiny bit of information can really help. I'm gonna over simplify it... but carbs and sugar (actual sugar like whats in candy) are the same thing. They just break down at a much different rate. Meaning if your blood sugar is low and you need to bring it up fast, drinking a apple juice will bring it up quickly, then dissipate quickly. But carbs will raise your blood sugar much slower and keep them stable for longer.
Does that make sense to you? Again I'm really oversimplifying it, but I've found a lot of diabetics were never told this information and that's why they have such a hard time getting their numbers under control, or even controlling their daily mood.
Sugar to pick you up, carbs to keep you going!