Olive oil good for adding extra calories and boosting healthy fats

jasonking92

Hi guys just want to add benefits of Virgin Olive oil to your diet it is very good for adding extra calories and boosting healthy fats. If like me you find your weight just seems to stall ( currently 15st 13lbs ) even at 4000+ cals a day.  max I hit was 16.4st lasted a week? then plummeted to 15.4st in a week?.  Anyway I thought  I must be doing something wrong so I dug around the web as you do and I bumped across https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/health-benefits-of-olive-oil.html

That's 480 cals in 4 tablespoons so I give it a go. The taste to me is not good. so I added 4 tablespoons to a tin of baked beans added just over a matchbox size piece of full fat cheddar. and a teaspoon of chilly powder in a bowl micro for 3 min. Then used a hand blender to turn into a light cheesy soup. cals are approx 1100 plus approx 52g protein. Adding this to my diet is letting my weight go up approx 2lb a week tastes great too and adds all the health and cardiovascular benefits of Olive oil.  

If your also struggling to gain weight this might be worth a try.

Dolf

+3 JK

Olive oil is a much needed addition to everyone's diet. It's good healthy fats. I baste my chicken in olive oil before adding seasoning and baking. I also use it for cooking seafood. 

blastthru23

Good work there JK +2 (though beans and I don't get along, I'd probably go with ground meat or tuna. Otherwise I'd be rippin ass for 24 hours!)

SemperFi

+3 Brother!

Oils that I like to include in my own diet besides olive oils are coconut oil, avocado oil, and pure C8 (Caprylic Acid) MCT oil. I personally use C8 on a daily basis. For me C8 in very small amounts is pure energy, easily metabolized, tasteless and readily converted to ATP (cellular fuel). Its not just for ketogenic diets. ;)

I make my own dressing using 1 part olive oil, 1 part avocado oil, 1 part red wine vinegar, a splash of C8 and a small amount of red berries to add a bit of sweetness. I use it as a marinade and/or a vegetable dressing. I blend it heavily and make enough for future use.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Taking a digestive enzyme 30 minutes before eating those beans will help in that regard blaster. Beans are a great source of dietary fiber. We can spend so much time counting macros it is easy to overlook the importance of fiber and its ability to help us stay regular. Especially on a high protein diet. Improving our digestive system is a body hack to better nutrient uptake. ;)

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

This is the first Ive heard of C8. I'll have to look into it as I'm always looking for different fat sources. Right now, I'm working on a bottle of hempaeed oil. Dont really like the flavor much, tho I used to. Can't wait to finish it off.

JdDaniel01

My supp guy just started stocking some really good looking high grade MCT, I keep telling myself to try it out, but I usually blow My budget before I get it in my hands. May have to go down that aisle first next trip. You can basically sub it out with olive oil in most culinary applications?

SemperFi

Sure but just be aware it can have some negative GI tract issues initially. Use it sparingly and allow your body to adapt. It is an excellent high temp oil just like avocado or coconut oil. Here is my choice that I have used for over a year. I like it because it is 100% pure caprylic acid (C8), comes in a glass bottle and has a measuring pump. The pump prevents the mess of dispensing -

https://www.amazon.com/Kiss-My-Keto-Ketogenic-Lifestyle/dp/B06WRVDLVY

If expense is an issue you can simply supplement with it. I add it to water, morning coffee, food,etc. It is tasteless so it makes it very versatile.

I would not substitute with it for all applications. You need those other healthy fats found in other oils like JK posted. Diversity through science. ;)

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Cool, its not too expensive. How much would you say is a supplementary dose? MCT oil, when Ive taken 1 1/2 tablespoons, makes my stomach feel weird, I suppose C8 would be similar. I do like algae oil, it seemed like a fast burning fat as well without the GI issues.

SemperFi

I take between 2-3 tablespoons a day. It takes time fro the GI tract to adapt so start at 1 teaspoon and work up from there. I don't think there is a need to go over 1 tablespoon a day UNLESS you are in ketosis. Treat it as a supplement for your health just like you would a multi-vitamin.

Don't blame me if you experience more creativity because the increased mentally clarity. ;)

SEMPER FI