Opinions

Dolf

I prefer to make my own with unsweetened almond milk, ON or Dymatize protein, peanut butter, and oats. 

blastthru23

I make my own as well. Isolate, rice flour and/or oats, brolelaine, potassium and pure glucose, and unsweetened cocoa powder for taste. During a bulk, I'll likely add peanut butter or PB2.  I'll be adding casein  (maybe) to my post work out shake (training session usually ends around 8:30pm), or have a shot of casein either before bed or in the middle of the night. I find mixing my own more satisfying (i like mixing stuff and creating formulas), and i can adjust macros as needed. 

SemperFi

I personally have never used a supplement to gain weight. I prefer whole foods.

Glad you found a product that you really like and works for you.

Don't get me started on the toxic nature of maltodextrin and over supplementing fructose.... guaranteed combination for insulin resistance and fat storage. I guess that is why these products work so well. ;)

SEMPER FI

TKC432

I'm with Blast and Dolf on this one.  I mix my own.  Protein , Pre-Workout, Intra-Workout, Post-Workout ..... all popular market categories for the supplement companies and you can be sure that for the most part its profit that drives them to create 'New and Improved' concoctions in each of these categories rather than product effectiveness or safety.  With the proper research and a little mixology skils you can easily create a far better product at a far better price,  I purchase many of my basic supps in bulk and play chemist, creating what works best for me.  Doing it this way you will find you have so much more versatility and can create whatever fits the particular need at the particular time.

blastthru23

Besides, there is a lot of satisfaction to be derived from making your own special blend. Ain't nuttin like building something from scratch! 

"We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too..." maybe for us it's protein shakes and pre workout drinks lol. But, Hank puts it best :)